Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Upgraded Flights Posting with 150%/Incorrect/Zero Credit, and Incorrect PQM's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgraded Flights Posting with 150%/Incorrect/Zero Credit, and Incorrect PQM's

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2012, 7:38 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sorrowfull
I don't think 4/15 did anything for this issue. If a flight is upgraded, it posts incorrectly. All of my upgraded flights post as Z, but a flight on the same PNR that isn't upgraded posts as original class of service.
Well, actually they have tried to fix this one--and indeed, my most recent several upgraded segments posted correctly as ZW--but apparently they have not only not fully corrected the problem (some people are still getting full Z postings as you did), but apparently have made things worse for others (see below).

Originally Posted by asiapacflyer
Same issue for me - D class on Transpac posting as ZD after upgrade and only received 100% PQM credit. Hopefully corrects soon.....I emailed GS for help - let's see how long it takes or whether it gets an autocorrection.
I suspect this is due to their attempt to "fix" upgraded seats in Z posting as full Z... so they've now broken D.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Love this site. Just got back from IAD-FRA-KBP-MUN-IAD and saw that the credits were totally wack. No bonuses, premier status miles completely random. Misery loves company so glad I am not alone here. I'll lob an email into them also. Sure UA will hop to.

And to boot, the plane on MUN-IAD was downgraded to one of the old aircraft and I wasted a SWU and could not get power cause I left my plane adapter at home.

Sometimes I am not really sure United understands their whole "we know you have a choice" speech.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA/Cont; Delta; Us Air
Upgrades and qualifying segments

I'm post consolidation UA Premier Gold
I fly many short flights so I qualify with segments
I've noticed that when I get upgraded to 1st class I also get a segment increase from 1 to 1.5 and the fare code reads "Z"
Until today, when a flight posted with a "ZT" code and no segment increase.
Couldn't get an explanation calling UA MP and didn't want to push it in case they made mistakes in my favor on previous flights
Can anyone explain this to me please?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
It's just an integration glitch.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA/Cont; Delta; Us Air
Which is the glitch? the bump to 1.5 or the latest non bump?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by kennedy343
Which is the glitch? the bump to 1.5 or the latest non bump?
The bump to 1.5. Still an open question whether this will ever get fixed.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: Continental
They did make a mistake in your favor and gave you 150%. Don't call them.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Booked and upgraded to C at same time pre-conversion UA for both outgoing and returning SYD-LAX flights completed 22/4 and 24/4, respectively. The outgoing miles posted as z (with 150% bonus) while return posted as ZW (100% bonus). Lifetime miles added were correct. I guess there will be a correction at some point, if not I am happy to keep the additional miles as compensation for the disaster that this merger has been.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
ZC class for miles/points? (Booked in D class).

For a RTW ticket booked in D and upgraded to F class (UA metal) the earnings shows ZC class with no class of service bonus. The flight took place six days ago.

What's ZC? Booked in Z, flew in C cabin?

Credit on other airlines show D class with correct class of service bonus.

However, flights on South African did not credit. 2 weeks have passed. Provided new MP number.
Old May 1, 2012, 11:15 pm

Programs: 1K on UA, Platinum on CO
I got some of these "bonuses" - it was nice - but all of my last flights posted correctly. It would have been good if they took longer to fix that bug - as it was a change I liked - made up for some of the other hassles!
Old May 2, 2012, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by WIRunner
So a recent flight posted fairly on time (within the quoted 3 day window), but it posted incorrectly.

I was in paid F (a-fare) and it posted as ZH. The bonus was the regular miles flown, plus the 75% plat bonus, and 1 segment awarded.

Has anyone else come across this? (or is there another thread with the same?)
Yup this is still happening. My latest flight last Thursday in paid F (A-class), no fare class bonus, nothing... Just the base miles. Fun!
Old May 2, 2012, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot
Yup this is still happening. My latest flight last Thursday in paid F (A-class), no fare class bonus, nothing... Just the base miles. Fun!
Everything from friday in A posted as standard miles, the last segment which was in paid Y posted correctly (150%). Sunday's flights should post today, and at that point I think I'll call to have all of them corrected. After tomorrow's flights this would put me at enough to hit silver for next year, and I'm contemplating going else where for a year while this gets sorted out.
Old May 2, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I haven't had an upgrade post as a Z since the 3rd transition day. But it just happened again. I feel bad for the airline industry and I know they're all struggling to remake themselves as non-bottom of the barrel businesses. But these IT problems are out of control. In a real company, the IT management would be fired so fast. Their database and code may be some horrible pile of spaghetti. But they would have known that and should have prepared. I feel bad for these big companies, they always have the worst IT people, the worst programmers and hire the biggest ripoff consultants.

Meanwhile, I guess I'm happy that United is loaning me a few thousand miles for free, but they will almost certainly claw them back. CO always did.
Old May 2, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I care less about the RDM than what may happen to the EQM/PQM statistics. Right now, I've got a non-trivial about of PQMs that are attributable to this issue, and will be quite disappointed if they are "clawed back" at the 11th hour (or 11th month) when I may be counting upon them to requalify.
Old May 2, 2012, 11:50 am

My guess is what will happen is one day they'll manage to write a script to correct all this after a patch is written, and when they roll that through the system, it'll retroactively go back to 3/3 and maybe even slightly earlier just to be sure), and everyone's mileage balances PQM/RDMs will be updated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.