Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing United Club with Day Pass while flying another airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accessing United Club with Day Pass while flying another airline?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:21 pm

United Club access with a BusinessFirst BP for a different airport?

My wife and I will be traveling on a rt BusinessFirst award ticket originating from EWR. On the outbound we will be flying Southwest from AUS to EWR. On the way back to AUS we will be traveling United on a separate ticket.

Will we have access to the United Club in Austin on the way to Newark? I guess that is assuming that we could somehow get a boarding pass. Will we have access once we land back in Newark and clear customs? Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by stampchez
My wife and I will be traveling on a rt BusinessFirst award ticket originating from EWR. On the outbound we will be flying Southwest from AUS to EWR. On the way back to AUS we will be traveling United on a separate ticket.

Will we have access to the United Club in Austin on the way to Newark? I guess that is assuming that we could somehow get a boarding pass. Will we have access once we land back in Newark and clear customs? Thanks.
Guessing (since WN does not interline) you are on multiple PNRs. With no UA or *A BP out of AUS, no access at AUS. You will have UC access in EWR on the outbound. Note, you might actual get in using the EWR BP but strictly speaking the answer should be no.

On the return the chances are better, an International Premium Cabin UA BF passenger can have access at all connecting UCs on same day itin.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stampchez

As long as it's in the same boarding area (not needing to go through a separate security or anything) you can always visit a UC even if not on a UA/*A ticket
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:17 am

United Club access @ DFW

United Club access in DFW - am flying out of DFW and i have two passes when i signed up with my explorer card. Will i be able to get access to the United club with the two passes even if ia m flying AA that day?

Thanks,
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:23 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Yes, there's no UA flight requirement for the passes.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jordandawg05
United Club access in DFW - am flying out of DFW and i have two passes when i signed up with my explorer card. Will i be able to get access to the United club with the two passes even if ia m flying AA that day?

Thanks,
Who you are flying is not a problem, however accessing UC will mean going to Term E and AA does not use Term E. So you will have to clear security at Term E to use the UC and then leave Term E, go to your correct terminal and re-clear security again. Possible but a lot of hassle.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Who you are flying is not a problem, however accessing UC will mean going to Term E and AA does not use Term E. So you will have to clear security at Term E to use the UC and then leave Term E, go to your correct terminal and re-clear security again. Possible but a lot of hassle.
That won't matter- All of the DFW concourses are connected by SkyLink, which is located inside the sterile area. OP will simply have to take the train from their AA gate to the UA area, and then back to the AA gates without having to exit/deal with the security theater.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
United club lounge when flying US Airways

I feel like this is a dumb question, but my friend google hasn't found me a clear answer.

Next week, I am flying with work and would like to use up a couple of my United club passes expiring later this year. I am flying on US Airways. I don't have status (yet, almost there) with United. Will I get turned away? I checked the rules on the United website and it doesn't spell it out, from what I found.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 28, 2013 at 6:04 pm Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Jul 28, 2013, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
You'll be fine.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 5:52 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
You'll have no problem. No UA flight require for using one-time passes.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
Originally Posted by cblaisd
You'll have no problem. No UA flight require for using one-time passes.

Thank you. And thanks for moving to the correct place. I missed this thread in my search.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 2:56 pm

Can I use a United Club pass at ORD if flying AA?

I have a 3+ hour layover at ORD on an upcoming trip on which I am flying American Airlines. I have a free United Club 1-day pass that I got for having a Chase United credit card.

1. Can I use the pass to gain access to a United Club even though I am not flying United?

2. It looks like AA flies out of Terminal 3 and United out of Terminal 1. I don't have a feel for how far apart these are, and how long it would take to get to a United Club from Terminal 3. Anyone here have an opinion on whether it would be worth the travel time? (I've never been in a airline club, so don't know how beneficial it is to spend time there compared to sitting in the general airport.)
Old Jul 19, 2014, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Yes, you can use the pass.

About a 5-10 minute walk from Terminal 3 to the club at the F gates in Terminal 2, which is probably the best UC at ORD.

Worth the walk for a 3 hour layover. Basic snacks, wifi, low quality beer, wine, and liquor all free. Higher quality of each available for money.

Edit: just adding that you can make the walk without having to exit the sterile area of the airport.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dalemccl
I have a 3+ hour layover at ORD on an upcoming trip on which I am flying American Airlines. I have a free United Club 1-day pass that I got for having a Chase United credit card.

1. Can I use the pass to gain access to a United Club even though I am not flying United?

2. It looks like AA flies out of Terminal 3 and United out of Terminal 1. I don't have a feel for how far apart these are, and how long it would take to get to a United Club from Terminal 3. Anyone here have an opinion on whether it would be worth the travel time? (I've never been in a airline club, so don't know how beneficial it is to spend time there compared to sitting in the general airport.)
No need to show a boarding pass when using a one time pass.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Indeed, when using membership as opposed to status to gain entry at a club, you don't need to show anything else besides the membership card (pass in your case) and an ID (not necessary in your case since the pass is not personal).

United has clubs in Terminal 2 - 1 in Concourse F, across from gate F4; and Terminal 1 - 3 - 2 in Concourse B - by gates B6 and B18 and 1 in Concourse C by gate C16.

The one by C16 will the furthest you can go as it requires you to go to Terminal 1 and then go under the tarmac from Concourse B to Concourse C. The newest one is in Terminal 2 across from gate F4, so it might be the one you want to visit as it's also the closest to Terminal 3. As others have mentioned, you can do the walk from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2 post-security, so you won't have to go through addtional security screening. I would say the walk from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2 would be 10-15 minutes depending on where you land in Terminal 3. You should have plenty of time to enjoy the club and make it back on time to Terminal 3 to board your connection.

For breakfast, there are bagels, yoghurt, bananas, apples. Aside from the coffee, you have to get all other drinks at the bar - even if they are non-alcoholic. Non-breakfast items include carrots, cheese and crackers. It's nothing fancy but if you need a snack, you can get it there. For a more subtantial meal, you can choose from the offerings at the food vendors in the terminals - there is a food court in Terminal 3 right by the passage connecting it to Terminal 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.