Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Which FF Account Should I Delete From my fatwallet.com Profile?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Not sure where to post this however after I returned from an overseas trip, I found that UA and CO have merged my miles since now I have the same amount of mileage in both my UA and CO account. The mileage are correct. I am just trying to find out which account should I delete from AwardWallet.com since they both take me to the same UA website or will AwardWallet.com just delete one of the account in the future?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 10, 2012 at 12:45 pm Reason: vague thread title
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The program going forward is called United MileagePlus so I'd delete the one called Continental OnePass.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:29 am

Side note -- I now have two accounts on MileagePlus. I guess I just need to call up UA and get them merged? I imagine that's not going to be a problem?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Side note -- I now have two accounts on MileagePlus. I guess I just need to call up UA and get them merged? I imagine that's not going to be a problem?
Yes, call and get them merged. The main problem you're likely to face is the hold time for getting through to the MPSC to get it done. Unless it is urgent I'd wait a few weeks.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
When I saw the thread title, I thought perhaps we had the first post from a newbie who just now became aware of the merger!

Actually I hadn't thought about what Awardwallet would show, I'll go clean mine up since I'm doing real-world spring cleaning today anyway...
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
The program going forward is called United MileagePlus so I'd delete the one called Continental OnePass.
Thanks, I just deleted my Continental account.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
I had both accounts and they kept my CO account. The way things have been going CO way maybe the name should have been Continental and not United. Another idea maybe they should have just took a new name. Any suggestions on what the name could have been.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 1:23 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
I had both accounts and they kept my CO account. The way things have been going CO way maybe the name should have been Continental and not United. Another idea maybe they should have just took a new name. Any suggestions on what the name could have been.
Continented

Air Smisek

Unitental
Old Mar 11, 2012, 1:13 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs up CO opening page preferred for merged website.

The 'new' merged opening pages are slightly different for the two airlines.
I prefer the new merged CO page, which has the same information as the new UN page.
Actually the CO computer program was more updated and 'worked' better pre and post merger.
Sorry if this complicates your decision!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.