United Mileage Plus a Disaster for me

Old Mar 11, 12, 1:07 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
United Mileage Plus a Disaster for me

This is about 2 Programs and my experiences. United Mileage Plus and/or the Chase Card for United Mileage Plus.

Member of United Mileage Plus for a few years.

True Experiences in the last 3 months
1. Mileage does get credited in a timely fashion.
Ordered flowers from FTD in December 2011. 10 weeks have passed and the 1800 miles have not been applied to the account. Supposed to appear with 6-8 weeks. FTD says they sent the information to United. United says they did not receive it.
2. Mileage does get credited in a timely fashion.
Flew 2 legs of a trip on the same day and only one leg of the trip shows on my account. Called and wrote customer relations and there has been no response.
3. Using Mileage and booking within 21 days of travel costs $80 extra. (Canít use miles)
4. Most all flights of in US I have found are 50,000 miles round trip. This is contrary to what is told to you in the airports when you are solicited. They tell you 25,000 miles. The people flagging you down in airport do not work for United or Chase, they are hired marketers.
5. If you use your Chase United Mileage Plus car to pay and book the flight you are to receive Priority Boarding. Out of FOUR times checking in online I received it ONE time. When you call to get it fixed you are told to go the agent at the airport and it will be fixed. The agents have given excuses to itís NOT included to the website itís not working properly and they can not correct it at the counter. Even when I brought the Chase Offers on the last flight they still could not correct it.
6. Calling United leads to wait times of 30-60 minutes and nothing can be done on the phone.
7. Phone support seems to be offshore and worthless most of the time
8. When United switched to the new website on March 3, 2012 ALL activity is not view able from before Mid February 2012. NOTHING

In my opinion everything one has to do with this program is an uphill battle. The promises are big and the reality of what reality happens does NOT MATCH the offers, promises and hype.

Holder of Chase Credit Card since November 2011.
1. All offers advertised are for 40,000 miles. My offer in the mail was for 60,000 miles
2. Good customer service on the phone.
3. Chase admits United is having problems.
4. Dispute any charge where mileage has not been applied. Let Chase and United work in out.
wheeels7777 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 12, 1:19 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: LAX/BOS/HKG/AMS/SFO...hmm, I need a life.
Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 13,316
Originally Posted by wheeels7777 View Post
This is about 2 Programs and my experiences. United Mileage Plus and/or the Chase Card for United Mileage Plus.

Member of United Mileage Plus for a few years.

True Experiences in the last 3 months
1. Mileage does get credited in a timely fashion.
Ordered flowers from FTD in December 2011. 10 weeks have passed and the 1800 miles have not been applied to the account. Supposed to appear with 6-8 weeks. FTD says they sent the information to United. United says they did not receive it.
2. Mileage does get credited in a timely fashion.
Flew 2 legs of a trip on the same day and only one leg of the trip shows on my account. Called and wrote customer relations and there has been no response.
3. Using Mileage and booking within 21 days of travel costs $80 extra. (Canít use miles)
4. Most all flights of in US I have found are 50,000 miles round trip. This is contrary to what is told to you in the airports when you are solicited. They tell you 25,000 miles. The people flagging you down in airport do not work for United or Chase, they are hired marketers.
5. If you use your Chase United Mileage Plus car to pay and book the flight you are to receive Priority Boarding. Out of FOUR times checking in online I received it ONE time. When you call to get it fixed you are told to go the agent at the airport and it will be fixed. The agents have given excuses to itís NOT included to the website itís not working properly and they can not correct it at the counter. Even when I brought the Chase Offers on the last flight they still could not correct it.
6. Calling United leads to wait times of 30-60 minutes and nothing can be done on the phone.
7. Phone support seems to be offshore and worthless most of the time
8. When United switched to the new website on March 3, 2012 ALL activity is not view able from before Mid February 2012. NOTHING

In my opinion everything one has to do with this program is an uphill battle. The promises are big and the reality of what reality happens does NOT MATCH the offers, promises and hype.

Holder of Chase Credit Card since November 2011.
1. All offers advertised are for 40,000 miles. My offer in the mail was for 60,000 miles
2. Good customer service on the phone.
3. Chase admits United is having problems.
4. Dispute any charge where mileage has not been applied. Let Chase and United work in out.
I am not positive but I think I saw a few much bigger fish that need frying. I am guessing miles not posting form buying Petunias is (hopefully) so far down the list as to be out of sight. I have my own opinion of CC based status but the bottom line now is that the program is breaking in and will be for some time.. This stuff is low priority IMO.
avidflyer is offline  
Old Mar 11, 12, 1:31 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
I am not positive but I think I saw a few much bigger fish that need frying. I am guessing miles not posting form buying Petunias is (hopefully) so far down the list as to be out of sight. I have my own opinion of CC based status but the bottom line now is that the program is breaking in and will be for some time.. This stuff is low priority IMO.
If Keeping commitments, obligations and serving customers in a timely fashion is LOW priority then we truly have a difference of opinion.

When a company advertises and promotes services and is not prepared one may be concerned about other portions of thier business such as the aircraft.

Tripping and falling coming out of the gate does not win races. Poor implementation and execution is why good ideas fail. The clock is ticking for them.

Last edited by wheeels7777; Mar 11, 12 at 1:35 pm Reason: spelling
wheeels7777 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 12, 1:33 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: LAX/BOS/HKG/AMS/SFO...hmm, I need a life.
Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 13,316
Originally Posted by wheeels7777 View Post
If Keeping commitments, obligations and serving customers in a timely fashion is LOW priority then we truly have a difference of opinion.

When a company advertises and promotes services and is not prepared. one may be concerned about other portions of thier busisness such as the aircraft.

Tripping and falling coming out of the gate does not win races. Poor implementation and execution is why good ideas fail. The clock is ticking for them.
We are in violent agreement I just do not believe they are going to address anything but the mile long list of mission critical issues for a very long time.
avidflyer is offline  
Old Mar 11, 12, 2:25 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
I see the UA Website has No Problems taking your money and charging your Card.

They seem to have that working perfectly.

Many of the features that customers are to receive there are problems with.

.
wheeels7777 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 12, 2:42 pm
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,156
Originally Posted by wheeels7777 View Post
... FTD says they sent the information to United. United says they did not receive it.
Welcome to the "joys" of online mileage malls. They're a pain in the arse and rarely worth the trouble to chase down the points if they don't post.
Originally Posted by wheeels7777 View Post
3. Using Mileage and booking within 21 days of travel costs $80 extra. (Canít use miles)
Only $75, and that doesn't mean you cannot use them, just that booking late costs more.
Originally Posted by wheeels7777 View Post
4. Most all flights of in US I have found are 50,000 miles round trip. This is contrary to what is told to you in the airports when you are solicited. They tell you 25,000 miles.
It really depends on where/when you are looking. There are plenty of "saver" seats available.
Originally Posted by wheeels7777 View Post
8. When United switched to the new website on March 3, 2012 ALL activity is not view able from before Mid February 2012. NOTHING
All mine is. Did you try the links for the MP history on the site?
Originally Posted by wheeels7777 View Post
1. All offers advertised are for 40,000 miles. My offer in the mail was for 60,000 miles
Congratulations...you were targeted. Welcome to the world of marketing.
sbm12 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 12, 2:44 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
This is how bad it's getting

Your message

To: customerrelations
Subject: United Mileage Plus Explorer
Sent: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 17:47:25 -0600

was deleted without being read on Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:41:28 -0600

...................
Great!
wheeels7777 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread