Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles not posted post 3-3

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Exclamation

I agree 100% that the Istanbul TK lounge alone was worth the trip. I was in the old lounge several times. This was my first time in the new lounge. I splurged on pastries. The cakes were divine.

These were two direct flights booked and paid on the TK website. I guess I will have to wait more time and see what gives.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 8:28 pm
FSU

Can't get mileage credit from Turkish Airlines

Flew on Turkish Air back in Feb. Gave my then CO# at booking, online check in and at the airport. No credit after 15 days so I emailed and mailed a hard copy of the boarding passes and ticket information. Another 15 days and no response or credit. Called United about 3 weeks ago and they said they could do a manual request. Took all the information, was told the request went through properly in their system. Told to wait 15 days. Still no credit after 21 days. On my latest call I was told there was nothing more they could do. Sorry.

Should I give it some more time, keep calling or just give up?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FSU
Flew on Turkish Air back in Feb. Gave my then CO# at booking, online check in and at the airport. No credit after 15 days so I emailed and mailed a hard copy of the boarding passes and ticket information. Another 15 days and no response or credit. Called United about 3 weeks ago and they said they could do a manual request. Took all the information, was told the request went through properly in their system. Told to wait 15 days. Still no credit after 21 days. On my latest call I was told there was nothing more they could do. Sorry.

Should I give it some more time, keep calling or just give up?
Be persistent - I'm in the same boat. Flew TK in February also, and flights never credited. Emailed scans of BPs over 6 weeks back, and called 2 weeks ago. Agent did manual request too. Called in yesterday and agent at MP said that TK denied the mileage request. I was adamant that when I booked last July, a G fare mapped to 100% accrual in MileagePlus, even though there was a brief period AFTER I booked where it was no longer eligible. I explained to the agent that piece of information and also indicated it is currently a valid fare class for accrual, and she said she escalated this issue on to a special desk that handles problems like this. Not holding my breath, but will absolutely be hounding the hell out of them until I get the miles for these flights!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I flew in C with LH LHR-FRA-CPT in February. LH are normally spot on with mileage credits, so when the return legs posted and the outbound ones didn't I knew something wasn't right. 1st March I sent in a missing miles claim (early) to [email protected] in order to beat the migration issues and got an automated reply telling me to wait 15 days. Waited until the 15 days were up and resubmitted - another automated acknowledgement. 15 days passed - nothing Submitted the claim again (to mileageplus this time) and waited. Day 15 came around and started to compose a strongly worded claim (complaint?). Checked my account before hitting Send and wow! The miles were there

Almost restored my faith in the system - moral of the story? Keep banging those claims in (re-attaching the bording passes each time) every 15 days until somebody does something
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:04 pm

What does it take to get mileage credit for flights taken?

My last two transcons -EWR-SFO and EWR-SEA both have the outbound flights credited but not the return. Been almost a month now. Emailed 1kvoice - automated response, no action. Sent in a web request on the COdbaUA webform - automated response, no action. Have a few hours to kill at the LGA club tonight - called the 1k line, asked for mileage plus, asked for Agent queue, GOT CONNECTED TO A LIVE AGENT WITHIN A MINUTE (things looking up!) Clearly English is not his native language (getting worried.) He asks me if it's been more than 5 days since flight (yes) and if they were United flights (yes) he says he'd be happy to put in credit for me(YEAH-FINALLY) but unfortunately everyone's systems have been down the whole day, and that I should call back in an hour, or preferably tomorrow.

This is just unreal. Maybe planes aren't dropping from the sky, but if this is an example of the integration a month later than maybe thats only by coincidence.

Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Delay in mileage posting

Hi everyone -

I flew last Thursday and Friday (4/5 and 4/6) and mileage has still not posted to my account after the 3 day waiting period.

Am I the only one that has experienced this delay from the weekend, or am I just an outlier?

Just curious.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, UA Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by bakster21
Hi everyone -

I flew last Thursday and Friday (4/5 and 4/6) and mileage has still not posted to my account after the 3 day waiting period.

Am I the only one that has experienced this delay from the weekend, or am I just an outlier?

Just curious.
No, I also flew Friday (and Saturday, and Sunday). None of those flight is posted yet.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Long-delayed miles from sUA flights on 3/5-3/6 posted to my account as of today. Better late than never.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:13 pm
FSU

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Be persistent - I'm in the same boat. Flew TK in February also, and flights never credited. Emailed scans of BPs over 6 weeks back, and called 2 weeks ago. Agent did manual request too. Called in yesterday and agent at MP said that TK denied the mileage request. I was adamant that when I booked last July, a G fare mapped to 100% accrual in MileagePlus, even though there was a brief period AFTER I booked where it was no longer eligible. I explained to the agent that piece of information and also indicated it is currently a valid fare class for accrual, and she said she escalated this issue on to a special desk that handles problems like this. Not holding my breath, but will absolutely be hounding the hell out of them until I get the miles for these flights!
Thanks for the advice. Just called and they basically told me the same thing you said. TK denied the mileage. United is filing a "dispute" and is sending it to their "special desk". I was told to wait another 10 days and hopefully all should be good.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Hi everyone -

Just curious.
You are not the outlier. I flew on 4/4 and the mileage is still missing.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Hi everyone -

Just curious.
Nope, flew the same days, and still haven't recieved credit.
I'm missing a flight from 3/6 as well. I called MP today and they had to file a ticket to have the "flight built" and manually credited because Mesa's flights weren't loaded into the system at that point. "just wait, it will be several weeks to a few months."

Really, I can't see what is taking so long. CO was selling flights with UA numbers long before the PSS switch over, as well as since about November when both flight numbers merged.

At this rate these flights will post in late November, right after I have to do a MR to get to Plat because I'm 4 segments short.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Hi everyone -

Just curious.
I also flew on 4/5 with my husband; neither of us have received credit.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just got credit for 4/6. PqM posted as neg which post 3/3 is SOP- but usually fixes itself in a day
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:52 am

Any luck with claiming the miles using [email protected]

I'm still missing one segment I flew w/ Swiss on March 4th. I send an email together with the scanned boarding pass to [email protected] 3 weeks ago, but haven't got any response and the flight is still missing. Anyone has the same experience? Any suggestion what to do next?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: UA, AA
We flew ANZ on 3/3/12 and it never has posted yet. I scanned the stuff and sent off the email a couple of weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.