Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Thinking of making the switch to United from Delta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking of making the switch to United from Delta

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ted-delta.html
You could try this one too
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-2014-a.html

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Mar 4, 2014 at 6:32 pm Reason: added second thread link
Old Mar 4, 2014, 6:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Try
MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge
and
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-2014-a.html

Your lack of present status will be an issue -- doing this last week probably would have a better chance of success.

also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ted-delta.html
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:32 pm

Might I suggest Kayak? I know Delta gained few fans with their 2015 program announcements but there's also the herd of disgruntled flyers on this board. Out of BWI, especially if you're willing to head down to DC for some flights you should have plenty of options beyond sticking to a single carrier.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:56 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by rmyadsk
As it happens I have a creatively routed leisure trip booked in P on United metal which should net me about 15k miles both EQM and redeemable - though miles are not the reason for that trip. My question is, is there any open challenge or incentive I can take advantage of to maybe accelerate elite status? Anything at all?
Flew a couple of P fares (discount Biz) last year and got 150% EQMs.

And UA seems to be adapting DL's minimum spend to qualify for status, so you will have to meet that.

At any rate, if in Biz you'll be better than having Gold status IMHO.

Second the idea for Kayaking, especially if you can afford P fares (I normally can't ) OTOH, there will be fewer 1Ks next year, so if you make it that high GPUs should have better chance of clearing.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by rmyadsk
Former Delta (née Northwest) elite here, freshly dumped back into the general membership a few days ago and yes, they won no love with the SkyMiles 2015 changes. As it happens I'm elite nowhere anymore and probably don't have many benefits in my future.
God, no, anybody but United.

United at the 50k elite status level gives only 50% redeemable miles. Basically, United already cut to where Delta is going in 2015.

Granted, Delta's availability on their own flights is terrible -- but their partner award availability is good. United recently GREATLY raised the mileage required for aspirational awards on partner flights. Delta charges the same for partners as their own (unavailable) flights.

Cross your fingers and pray that Delta does not copy United's partner award table for 2015.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:03 am

Probably go to American?

Avoid United if you can.

Last edited by BF263533; Mar 5, 2014 at 1:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.