Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Did I receive an "extremely" soft landing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did I receive an "extremely" soft landing?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Why the debate about this when the account page clearly states the following:

Please note that if your 2012 Premier status is lower than your 2011 status, your 2012 status may not be reflected on your account until later this week as we finalize our account migration.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by worldexpress
because the language was just added maybe?
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by worldexpress
I guess I shouldn't switch my reservations to the Premier Plat CO number
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
because the language was just added maybe?
I certainly hadn't noticed it before.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:42 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
Yea, as mentioned, the text is new... It used to end with the link to verify/update profile info.

Prior to that, printing was disabled. Prior to that, expiration date was removed.

Not that it's valid, but I happened to print out my 1K card duplicate with an expiration date and all, but fully expect to be demoted to the appropriate platinum level within a week or so.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
This reminds me of the glitch a few weeks ago when 1K's all of the sudden were equal to Presidential Platinum... that was rockin'! For a day or so... then back to reality... sigh.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Not sure if the temporary card is useful. Except for getting into an international lounge in the next few days, the system will eventually have the correct status.

By the way, a few years ago, Marriott screwed up the counting of rollover nights and inadvertently elevated some members' statuses (I was one of them). Marriott eventually fixed the issue but awarded all affected 10 bonus nights for having to correct the status (and therefore downgrade the status after falsely upgrading it). Can we expect the same courtesy?

Last edited by naumank; Mar 5, 2012 at 10:03 pm
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Marriot Plat Prmr (Plat Life), Hilton Dia, Hertz Prez Circle
In the same boat. Online it is telling me I am still GS, but I am pretty confident I am only 1K. GS maps as an equivalent to Pres. Platinum which was my 2011 status.

Of course if MP would actually send me my card for 2012 I could confirm. The aforementioned online disclaimer says all, but I did have my hopes up for a little while.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold
If they could kindly wait to drop me to Silver until my weekend trip is over, that would be great
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1P MM
I had a similar experience. Was 1K last year, but flew about 60K. Should be Premier Gold. During the migration, but before the miles moved over, I was Premier Platinum (which I clearly didn't make). Then after the miles posted Premier 1K. Maybe there will be a soft landing to Premier Plat?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by stupenal
Food for thought:

Flew 64k EQM last year (previously 1K the past 2 years). My flight on 3/4 showed Premier Platinum on the boarding pass, UA website currently shows Premier 1K. Once the miles for my flight yesterday posts, I'll be able to see what RDM multiplier they used (50% for my true status of Gold, 75% for my boarding pass status, or 100% for my website status).
Update:

Received my UA Premier Gold card in the mail (which should be my correct level). Also got a Premier Silver packet -_-

Checked united.com just now - shows I went from 1K to Platinum. Miles that were posted to my account for my 3/4 TUS-LAX flight was 875, equaling a 100% RDM bonus (consistent with my "1K status" at the time of my flight).

I wouldn't be surprised if within the next few days I the correct status gets figured out. Oh well.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:31 pm

I didn't qualify for elite status on UA this year; why am I still elite?

I didn't qualify for elite status this year. Because of the extension, it was supposed to expire in March. I talked to a mileageplus rep and he said that the exact date was March 2nd. Sure enough on March 2nd, all my economy plus seat selections got cleared and I no longer had seats. My status still says elite when I log in though. Sure enough when I went back to select seats, there was a upgrade price attached to all the economy plus seats. Well... all but one. On one flight it still let me repick an economy plus seat at no cost and even says they automatically requested an upgrade for me. I printed the boarding pass and while it still says premier on it, the boarding zone is not a elite boarding number. It's just a regular coach one. The system must still be in transition. Why that one flight only though?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Did you book a Y or B fare?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by travfar
I printed the boarding pass and while it still says premier on it, the boarding zone is not a elite boarding number. It's just a regular coach one.
Remember, the boarding "zone" numbers changed.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:48 pm

soft landing or Y Fare?

Originally Posted by aacharya
Did you book a Y or B fare?
As someone who has only flown PMUA, what difference does it make as a Silver? I do see the nifty Instant Upgrade option, which I really like. but is that Gold and up only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.