Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Did I receive an "extremely" soft landing?

Old Mar 4, 12, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, UA 2P, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver

Was Premier in 2011 and expected to lose status post-consolidation as I only flew a few thousand miles with UA last year. Logged into my account today which shows Silver Premier status. Is this a glitch, or can I expect to maintain status for 2012? Don't want to call for obvious reasons just in case......

Last edited by FLYINBELLS; Mar 4, 12 at 7:38 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 4, 12, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by FLYINBELLS View Post
Was Premier in 2011 and expected to lose status post-consolidation as I only flew a few thousand miles with UA last year. Logged into my account today which shows Silver Premier status. Is this a glitch, or can I expect to maintain status for 2012? Don't want to call for obvious reasons just in case......
My brother is in the same situation, as he is also dropping from 2P to GM. He was 2K short of reaching 2P again, but given how low 2P is now with perks, there wasn't a valid reason to chase it. He is still showing Silver, but I expect reality to set in within the coming days....
Old Mar 4, 12, 8:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Happy for you both but boy, if this is indicative then the 2P ranks are going to be 1000's deep
Old Mar 4, 12, 9:24 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Yes. I saw that too..

Been not flying as much.. came very close...
Looked on and saw as Premier Silver. Also, saw print you instant card and the expiration date was 1/1/2013.

So, if you see that, print your card now
Old Mar 4, 12, 9:38 pm

This has to be some sort of an integration glitch. I was gold last year, but was 13k EQM short of requalifying for gold this year. Got my silver elite packet with new card in the mail last week, as expected.

But the new website shows me as gold, and just let me print one of the instant cards showing I'm gold through 1/31/13.

If it's real, it's a change I like!
Old Mar 4, 12, 10:38 pm

Haha... just when I tried to print out the temporary membership card online, they disabled the function. My status still shows as Premier Platinum online. (I should be a base member) sigh
Old Mar 5, 12, 1:31 am

Still Silver, Glitch or what?

So I am still silver after 3/3, wasn't that the date when statues were going to drop?
Old Mar 5, 12, 4:58 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, Fairmont Platinum (No Airline Status, a first in 7 years)
I think it is a glitch considering they have now blocked replacement card printing.

I dropped to silver but online kindly shows gold.

gave me hope,oh well

time to switch to A3 :-P
Old Mar 5, 12, 5:53 am

Programs: UAL 1P, Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Umm, Did they let me stay Elite?

So, my status now shows as Premier Gold. I certainly didn't fly that much in 2011, but in previous years was a frequent flyer and had a decent amount of full fare J tickets. Are they just taking a long time to downgrade us? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 5, 12, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Same issue for my wife/mom - looks like you can no longer print a duplicate card (which shows the lapsed higher status for many). They both still show at the higher level too.

Bet this gets fixed imminently.
Old Mar 5, 12, 6:41 am
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Same issue for my wife/mom - looks like you can no......

Whaaaat?
Old Mar 5, 12, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jtn View Post
Whaaaat?
Two separate people, two different status levels
Old Mar 5, 12, 10:01 am

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Originally Posted by heta View Post
Haha... just when I tried to print out the temporary membership card online, they disabled the function. My status still shows as Premier Platinum online. (I should be a base member) sigh
I'm in the same boat. I'm kicking myself for not printing the card on Sunday when it was available...
Old Mar 5, 12, 10:11 am

So Im still silver on the website (I should not) and I am still able to do Y and B ups. hope it sticks. if not A3 here we go!
Old Mar 5, 12, 10:40 am

Can we get an official statement from UA Insider on this? Is it a glitch or not? I "fled" United last year in anticipation of terrible upgrades with the merger and looking back I think it was a great decision to make EXP.

Anyway, I could still use Star Gold status and free redeposits on awards if they are willing to give it for free, but if not, then I hate to teased be like this! Just take it away already if I don't qualify!!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: