FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1321011-ua-mileage-earning-ac-air-canada-operated-flights-p-now-150-a.html)

yowspotter Dec 1, 2019 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 31794486)
have you tried the automatic retro-credit online form? This should call in the info from the ticket ...

Yes I did and I received an immediate denial citing the "F" fare class. It's why I posted in the first place; I don't know where "F" is coming from because my docs say "K".

venomtrilogy Dec 26, 2019 9:13 am

I booked two Air Canada flights on G fares and credited them to UA. MP shows that G earns 100% PQM. Both posted as T fares. Since one was intra-Canada it comes up as 25%. How do I fix this with MP?

mduell Dec 26, 2019 11:05 am

Were they codeshares? UA booking class G operated by AC?

WineCountryUA Dec 26, 2019 11:19 am

Originally Posted by venomtrilogy (Post 31877635)
I booked two Air Canada flights on G fares and credited them to UA. MP shows that G earns 100% PQM. Both posted as T fares. Since one was intra-Canada it comes up as 25%. How do I fix this with MP?

Things get tricky with AC Tango fares, AC Tango fares can show up in multiple fare classes. In the end, it is AC that determines the posted earnings and unfortunately, AC's approach can be opaque when booked off of the AC site.

catbox9 Feb 11, 2020 12:10 pm

Mileage Earning on AC Rogue/Express

Probably a silly question, but do flights on Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rogue earn miles/PQFs/PQPs the same as a standard Air Canada flight (assuming they're in the same fare bucket)?

jsloan Feb 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by catbox9 (Post 32059869)
Probably a silly question, but do flights on Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rogue earn miles/PQFs/PQPs the same as a standard Air Canada flight (assuming they're in the same fare bucket)?

It's not a silly question, because the answer is different for some airlines. For AC, though, the answer is yes.

isaacchambers Mar 13, 2021 8:36 am

I have a short AC flight (YOW-YYZ) of 226 miles. I am booked into a P fare - shows UA MP would earn 200% miles. Does the mileage earning assume a 500 min mile still for UA elites? Therefore i would earn 1000 miles for this short hop or 452 miles?

rankourabu Mar 13, 2021 9:56 am

Originally Posted by isaacchambers (Post 33097735)
I have a short AC flight (YOW-YYZ) of 226 miles. I am booked into a P fare - shows UA MP would earn 200% miles. Does the mileage earning assume a 500 min mile still for UA elites? Therefore i would earn 1000 miles for this short hop or 452 miles?

There are no 500 min (or 125 min for my 25% earning class) on AC
Its also apparently 228 miles (not 226) in United's math
You ll earn 456 miles + elite bonus

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...855c1db474.jpg

rebech34 Mar 17, 2021 11:27 am

Hello,

I'm a UA Star Gold flying IAH - YUL - TLV and back on June in Premium Economy mapped into N class (AC).
How do they calculate the millage earnings? It says that N class on AC gets 125%. A little confused here...

Thanks,
R

jsloan Mar 17, 2021 11:42 am

Originally Posted by rebech34 (Post 33107317)
Hello,

I'm a UA Star Gold flying IAH - YUL - TLV and back on June in Premium Economy mapped into N class (AC).
How do they calculate the millage earnings? It says that N class on AC gets 125%. A little confused here...

Thanks,
R

The 125% is applied to the actual flight distance to get the number of redeemable miles. You'll also get a 50% bonus as a UA Gold, so you'll get a total of 175% of the distance flown as redeemable miles.

For premier qualification, the 125% is then the base from which PQP will be calculated. You can see the calculation here: https://pqp.economiles.com/?q=IAH,YU...AH,,,&status=2. However, be aware that I believe there's an error in the RDM calculation here, and they're slightly more generous than they should be. (For example, YUL-TLV is coming up as 10,208 RDM, but I believe the correct number Is 9,593).

Hope this helps. :)

IAH-OIL-TRASH Mar 17, 2021 11:46 am

Originally Posted by jsloan (Post 33107357)
...However, be aware that I believe there's an error in the RDM calculation here, and they're slightly more generous than they should be. (For example, YUL-TLV is coming up as 10,208 RDM, but I believe the correct number Is 9,593)...

Is that because the partner airline PQP cap on an individual segment is not baked into the calc, or something else?

fumje Mar 17, 2021 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 33107369)

Originally Posted by jsloan (Post 33107357)
...However, be aware that I believe there's an error in the RDM calculation here, and they're slightly more generous than they should be. (For example, YUL-TLV is coming up as 10,208 RDM, but I believe the correct number Is 9,593)...

Is that because the partner airline PQP cap on an individual segment is not baked into the calc, or something else?

Something else!
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33107346-post633.html

(From my own experiences I agree with jsloan's post there.)

IAH-OIL-TRASH Mar 17, 2021 2:10 pm

Ah - RDM calculation, not PQP calc. Thanks!

rebech34 Mar 17, 2021 3:54 pm

Thank you very much!

So from the miles collecting angle, as a UA *Gold, I'll get more miles flying on a partner airline than on UA PE.
isn't this so?

jsloan Mar 17, 2021 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by rebech34 (Post 33108053)
Thank you very much!

So from the miles collecting angle, as a UA *Gold, I'll get more miles flying on a partner airline than on UA PE.
isn't this so?

It depends upon the fare. The fare is low, you will likely get more miles booking and flying on a partner airline. If the fare is high, you'll get more miles booking on UA.

BTW, I forgot to state earlier: this only applies if you bought your ticket from AC. If you bought it from UA, your miles are based on the amount that you spent, not the distance or fare class.