FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1321011-ua-mileage-earning-ac-air-canada-operated-flights-p-now-150-a.html)

ualboston1k Oct 9, 2019 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by expressboy (Post 31611018)
This looks correct to me. You are getting 200% based on your D class purchase and the additional 100% is an elite RDM bonus for 1Ks on non UA tickets for selected partner airlines AC and LH included.

Thanks. Where is there posted info about this 1K bonus?

WineCountryUA Oct 10, 2019 4:03 am

Originally Posted by ualboston1k (Post 31611459)
Thanks. Where is there posted info about this 1K bonus?

On the relevant partner pages or Earning Premier bonus award miles

Flights ticketed and operated by select MileagePlus partner airlines, including Air Canada, ANA, Austrian, Azul, Brussels, Lufthansa and SWISS.
also https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...16-ticket.html

Santander Oct 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Another data point - I've booked a few comfort fare flights in the past couple months, and all have credited as M fares. 100% RDM/PQM. ^

transportprof Oct 13, 2019 8:30 pm

Has anyone had recent experience with mileage crediting after an AC ticket exchange? My HNL-YVR flight after New Years was switched over to Omni Intl. due to the 737 MAX grounding.

When I look at the AC reservation, it now shows "J" class, although I originally booked in P. When I try to print a receipt of my flight, the detailed fare info reads:

The fare details are not available for this booking because there has been a change in itinerary.
With the new PQP scheme, it might be helpful to get "J" mileage credit over "P". Has anyone else who flew Omni to/from Hawaii on an AC ticket gotten credit in Mileage Plus?

Santander Oct 14, 2019 9:33 am

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 31625316)
Has anyone had recent experience with mileage crediting after an AC ticket exchange? My HNL-YVR flight after New Years was switched over to Omni Intl. due to the 737 MAX grounding.

When I look at the AC reservation, it now shows "J" class, although I originally booked in P. When I try to print a receipt of my flight, the detailed fare info reads:

With the new PQP scheme, it might be helpful to get "J" mileage credit over "P". Has anyone else who flew Omni to/from Hawaii on an AC ticket gotten credit in Mileage Plus?

I've had IRROPS put me into full Y from Flex, and it's usually credited correctly as my original fare class. With that being said, I have had a few cases of being credited in the "wrong" fare class, including credit for full J on a Lat FP. (which was quite nice on YYZ-YVR)
So I wouldn't count on getting J credit. It's possible, but I would say more likely than not, you'll get P credit.

shutter41 Oct 27, 2019 10:17 pm

Quick sanity check please: booked on 016 basic economy ticket (DCA-YYZ-LIS-EWR-DCA) that contains both UA and AC (Rouge) segments, all K class. Email receipt says I'll earn 100% PQM. This is wrong, correct? I should earn 50% PQM regardless of fare class because it's basic economy, per UA PQM earning chart for AC metal?

cfischer Oct 28, 2019 11:41 am

Originally Posted by shutter41 (Post 31672760)
Quick sanity check please: booked on 016 basic economy ticket (DCA-YYZ-LIS-EWR-DCA) that contains both UA and AC (Rouge) segments, all K class. Email receipt says I'll earn 100% PQM. This is wrong, correct? I should earn 50% PQM regardless of fare class because it's basic economy, per UA PQM earning chart for AC metal?

technically correct. With partner metal you never know how this comes back. Expect 50% and be delighted if it is more :)

shutter41 Oct 28, 2019 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 31674538)
technically correct. With partner metal you never know how this comes back. Expect 50% and be delighted if it is more :)

Thanks! Mostly just wanted to make sure there was no chance of it being less than 50%. I’d miss my PQM target for the year if so.

kevflyer Oct 31, 2019 3:50 pm

I'm looking at AC K fare (international deep discount) from YVR - HKG. Non 016 stock. Both basic and non-basic are booked into K class.
According to AC, It seems basic fares only get 25% miles flown towards awards. But on UA's AC chart it just says K class gets you 50% (that chart does not address basic at all) - just want to make sure if I book basic, I will be using 0.5 as multiplier and not 0.25?

Kacee Oct 31, 2019 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by kevflyer (Post 31687671)
I'm looking at AC K fare (international deep discount) from YVR - HKG.

That's AC's 77HD. 450 seats in a 77W (UA's has 350). 14 hours of hell.

kevflyer Oct 31, 2019 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31687779)

Wow. Haven't flown on one of those yet. I wish UA kept the GUM - HKG route. I flew on their last HKG - GUM route on the 14th. Will miss it.

wco81 Oct 31, 2019 5:53 pm

I thought AC 777s had 1-2-1 premium cabins.

dilanesp Oct 31, 2019 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31687779)

Anyone have a link to a seatmap of this? I want to see how they pack them in.

bocastephen Oct 31, 2019 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by wco81 (Post 31688031)
I thought AC 777s had 1-2-1 premium cabins.

They do and the seats are very comfortable - maybe not as fancy as Polaris, but still perfectly fine. Service on the other hand can be described as bipolar.

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 31688152)

No seatmap needed - trust me, I've flown this aircraft YYZ-LAX and it was the 1st-world equivalent of being waterboarded. The seats are very, very narrow, non-existent legroom, and inadequate cushioning. Anyone larger than a small child sitting beside you will make it pure hell. 5 hours was more than enough, I can't begin to imagine 14.

zombietooth Oct 31, 2019 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 31688152)

Here it is:

https://seatguru.com/airlines/Air_Ca...e_Class_v4.php

31" pitch, 17" wide. We should torture terrorists by forcing them to fly on this plane. After 2 or 3 flights, back-to-back, they'll spill their guts.