Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
why are you so worried about skykits?
What else should one be worry about? BP?

Not taking any chance so I cashed them in. ;-)
Old Mar 2, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA UA (2P) US
Originally Posted by TheRealJPW
Thanks!
Flying ABQ/DEN/BWI (697/475) Saturday morning.
I wounder how bad the small well its my home airport so mid size airport like ABQ is going to handle. Because a lot of the ABQ flights in morning leave around same time frame if I am correct.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by z28lt1
You got me curious as to how an airline could skirt a TSA rule. I find this on LY's website, have you experienced anything different? Seems like flights departing Israel are the only ones t-27

"From Israel - Express Check-In is available between 27 and 3 hours before flight departure time.

To Israel - Express Check-In is available between 24 and 3 hours before flight departure time.
Check-in for flights after Sabbath or holidays can be completed before the start of the Sabbath or holiday."

Maybe a religious exemption on holidays only?
It seems from below that it only applies to domestic airlines.

Regarding LY, it has nothing to do with religious exemptions, because the T-27 until T-3 applies for all flights, not just ex-TLV flights, and not just to flights departing right after the Sabbath or Jewish holidays.
The exemption is that for flights departing after Sabbath or Jewish holidays, OLCI (Express Check-In) can be completed before Sabbath/holiday, even if it's more than T-27.

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Apologies. I misspoke. It's actually a TSA "regulation" (as opposed to law) that the TSA implemented in July of 2004 for "enhanced security".

No domestic airline is allowed to offer OLCI before T-24h of the first flight.

-RM
No apologies necessary
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Hi Shannon, I notice that 2 flights early to mid last month did not post to my
account - an LH flight and an LH codeshare on SA. Rather than disturbing the good folks at UA yet I have wondered if such credits are being held until the system has gone through the migration. Good luck tonight!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Good luck everyone.

It is going to be messy for sure.

AFAIK - every airlines has not been successfully immune from chaos.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: UAGLD, HH SILV, IHG PLAT, NAT.EXEC Elite,
Thumbs down uhh ohh

Originally Posted by LeviFlight
Hi Shannon, I notice that 2 flights early to mid last month did not post to my
account - an LH flight and an LH codeshare on SA. Rather than disturbing the good folks at UA yet I have wondered if such credits are being held until the system has gone through the migration. Good luck tonight!
Hope you still have your boarding passes...you might be doomed if not
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
PMUA issued e-certs... how/when can be used?

I have a United issued e-cert that expires on 3/26, so I will need to use it very soon. Will it be able to be used on the new united.com? When, and how? ... at the payment page where CO certs can be entered?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Hi Shannon,

On the current UA website, there is a way to exclude yourself from the Complimentary Upgrade List. You can even choose individual segments in which to be excluded. So, if there's only "crappy" F seats remaining on the BOS-ORD part of a BOS-ORD-PHX trip, you can remove yourself from the upgrade list for BOS-ORD but remain on the list for ORD-PHX

Will there be such a capability on the new system?

Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:52 pm

UAInsider, thank you very much for being here to answer our questions. Can you describe how upgrade priority will work in the new system?

Specifically -

1. If an upgrade clears before the departure management window, what is the priority in relation to: time of booking, status, fare amount, fare class, upgrade instrument type (i.e. miles vs. SWU), and

2. If an upgrade clears within departure management window, what is the priority in relation to: time of check-in, time of booking, status, fare amount, fare class, upgrade instrument type (i.e. miles vs. SWU)

Some additional questions:

a. If there are two PAX on 1 PNR and 1 PAX has low/no status, how does that affect things?

b. Do these rules apply the same to a UA metal vs. a CO metal and same on an itinerary that combines UA and CO metal?

c. Can we now use 1 instrument to book an upgrade on an itinerary that combines UA and CO metal? If one segment clears but the other segment doesn't clear until DM window, does it still work? With the "old" system, this scenario required two instruments.

I'm a long-time UA flyer, but I have noticed some very strange things about CO that concern me greatly -

1. It seems like priority is given based on time of check-in for upgrades within departure management, and this means that a member with no status whatsoever can jump ahead of a 1K/GS just by checking in early.

2. It seems like with CO that the instrument type (miles, UDG, CRU, SWU, etc.) has a much greater role in determining priority than it did with UA.

I'd very much appreciate the most clear and precise answer to these questions so I can plan accordingly.

Good luck with the cut-over!

Mitch
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
While I hate the active upselling, at least it's at a legit price (and not likely to be accepted)...it's when it turns into a TOD that faith in the system is lost
On this we agree.

Back on the topic of this thread... I'm seeing some funkiness with Continental.com now - unable to see history and there's now a new area that is supposed to display MP Historical Data. Also a lot of other data looks to be missing.

Last edited by bmvaughn; Mar 2, 2012 at 6:59 pm
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:20 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note as to the purpose of this thread.

Members, this thread is designed to document and map any cut-over system integration issues so that United knows about them and can reply as time permits and so all our members with travel this weekend can be served better.

Let's please keep the posts to those important integration issues such as website functionality, check-in, seating issues, bag checking, departure and flight issues and related.

In just a few hours, I'll rebuild in its own thread, an interesting but lengthy off-topic discussion here about upgrades, which has been temporarily deleted.

Thanks for your understanding. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I have a United issued e-cert that expires on 3/26, so I will need to use it very soon. Will it be able to be used on the new united.com? When, and how? ... at the payment page where CO certs can be entered?
I have asked my supervisor and they dont know. Somethink that it will be the same process for the old vouchers and the new ones will be CO style ones and thus no need for in person sales.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:03 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer215
Shannon, Will the companion of a 1MM with 2012 GS status be matched to GS? Or only 1K?
Hi flyer215, Yes, if the Million Miler is a Global Services (GS) member, the Million Miler companion will receive this status as well.

Originally Posted by demkr
Hi Shannon, Thanks for all the helpful info. I just checked in for my SFO-IAD redeye (3/2) departure, and IAD-BDL connection (3/3) 8:20 am departure. Both BP's were issued by Apollo. SFO-IAD leaves before 11 pm PT, so I imagine there will be no problem w/ the Apollo BP? Would I need (or would it be helpful) to simply use my iPhone or a kiosk when I land in IAD after 5am ET to "Re-issue" a BP from the SHARES system? Or should I simply keep my Apollo issued BP and head to the gate?
The upgrades for neither of these flights have cleared and I want to make sure I don't lose upgrade priority etc. etc. Will I lose check-in upgrade priority when I re-check on the connector ?(although Y class row 3 on the CR7 is great )
Hi demkr, my recommendation is to plan to keep your original boarding passes.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Too bad we don't have an answer about skykits that have yet to be redeemed.. Shannon, will this functionality still exist on the combined website?
Hi FriendlySkies, yes, the ability to redeem these will continue to be supported.

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I'm flying SEA-CLE on Saturday and CLE-SEA on Sunday. Checking-in right now and wondering if the Auto Check-In feature for my Sunday flights is expected to work?
Hi bmvaughn, yes, auto check-in should work for your return.
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Hi dmodemd, electronic certificates that were issued by United prior to March 3rd will be able to be used on united.com. You’ll be able to redeem these by entering your 18-digit certificate number (beginning with 1016) in the “Offer Code” box on the home page.

Shannon
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:45 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
UPDATE

Current situation with UA as of 01:30 EST....

Weather impact

"While we do not expect weather to interfere with the cutover process, we expect rain to turn into snow Friday evening around ORD. Therefore, we canceled 65 United Express and 12 mainline segments to minimize "creeping delays" that could extend operations past the start of the quiet period."

Time for me to get some shut eye before flying home....good luck to all tomorrow....

Last edited by goingbananas; Mar 2, 2012 at 11:51 pm
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX PLAT
No boarding passes in FRA

Last flight out on old system from FRA was ORD. From that point forward, they are planing to do everything manually. Manual boarding card at the departure gate -- they are saying no seat changes, no upgrade processing. Let's hope the new system comes back up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.