FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1318156-consolidated-ua-partner-flights-miles-not-posting-archive.html)

milepig Mar 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 22513990)
The data are available to UA in real time. So the real question is, "why does it take 48 hours for UA flights to post?"

48 hours?? On a good day! Try 5-6 days on average for me.

mahasamatman Mar 12, 2014 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by mduell (Post 22514036)
Batching.

I don't think so. My flights post reliably exactly 48 hours after scheduled arrival (except on weekends).

JDS747 Mar 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 22514196)
When United was United, that's how it generally worked.

Now that United is Continental, it doesn't work that way. . ..

Yep! Most of my PMUA flights credited within a couple hours after landing. Not all did but the vast majority did.

48 hrs is the new norm for me!

aacharya Mar 12, 2014 11:09 pm

I find my outbound afternoon flights post about 48 hours later but the inbound red eyes post 30 hours later. So as I sit on UA416 now I predict it will post by Friday at 2 pm.

MrOCTeckels Mar 13, 2014 3:25 pm

We performed a small natural experiment and wanted to report on the results. I requested flight credit (and then PQD adjustment) separately for each of three LH flights on a recent itinerary, while OCTeckels requested them all three at once (and again for the PQD).

The PQD for my flights was adjusted without including the YQ. OCT, who requested the credit for all flights in the itinerary at once, received correct PQD adjustments.

From this experiment I'd suggest requesting the PQD adjustment for all flights marked 'ineligible' on an itinerary at one time, rather than piecemeal.

Flying Machine Mar 17, 2014 4:10 pm

Its almost 10 days for me.. I guess I will have to use the Mileage Credit form. Have you had good sucess?

MrOCTeckels Mar 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 22540925)
Its almost 10 days for me.. I guess I will have to use the Mileage Credit form. Have you had good sucess?

With LH, LX, and SN, I haven't had any problems getting flights credited with the form.

Definitely wait until all partner flights have posted before requesting PQD.

Flying Machine Mar 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Well tomorrow is 15 Days and no Posting from Avainca to UA. I plan to use the Star Alliance Form on UA's site (no need for Copies of BP and E Ticket) Just Ticket Number, Operating Carrier, Ticket and Seat #'s. Has this worked well for you? Or do you send in all the information with the scans? Thanks and Safe Travels

LufthansaFlyer Mar 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 22510535)
Hello, I am a United Mileage Plus Member. I recently flown several flights on Avianca and provided my Mileage Plus Number for credit. I flew an eligible Fare Class P as stated on the Mileage Plus Website. From your experience, how long does it normally take for the miles to post to Mileage Plus from Avianca. Thanks and Safe Travels

Around 10 days and nothing for the outbound flights. Funnny one ove my return flights posted the next day after flying. Go figure. Plan to file online. Have you had good sucess when filling out the online missing mileage credit form? Thanks and Safe Travels

If your fares are eligible then the UA missing miles link works fine, sometimes though you may need to call them after 10-14 days of not seeing miles post.

tomsam Mar 25, 2014 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 22559167)
Well tomorrow is 15 Days and no Posting from Avainca to UA. I plan to use the Star Alliance Form on UA's site (no need for Copies of BP and E Ticket) Just Ticket Number, Operating Carrier, Ticket and Seat #'s. Has this worked well for you? Or do you send in all the information with the scans? Thanks and Safe Travels

Start with online form. In most cases this has worked. In a couple of cases (after not posting for additional days), I have had to follow up with an email to [email protected] (which now seems to have been merged into [email protected]) with e-ticket and boarding passes attached. This has worked to resolve all cases that weren't resolved by submitting through the online form.

ticu Apr 1, 2014 5:09 am

How long it takes for miles to be posted?

Flew on Air Canada Rouge on March 20 and miles still not posted after 10 days.
I gave my MP FF number.
Where should I call?
Thanks

IADFlyer123 Apr 1, 2014 7:14 am

Originally Posted by ticu (Post 22627230)
Flew on Air Canada Rouge on March 20 and miles still not posted after 10 days.
I gave my MP FF number.
Where should I call?
Thanks

You have to wait 15 calendar days to claim partner mileage. Are you sure that the classes you flew with AC are eligible to earn mileage? Some classes dont earn any mileage on UA. Check: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=313

Also rules about partner mileage: For flights on Star alliance member airlines, it may take up to 15 days for mileage and Premier qualifying credit (where applicable) to display in your account, due to variations in processing times across the wide network of member airlines. View the full list of Star Alliance member airlines - https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...ePartners.aspx

I took 4 segments on Saturday and my miles still have not yet posted. This is weird as I have always had them post by Monday.

MCLC Apr 1, 2014 7:40 am

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123 (Post 22627735)
I took 4 segments on Saturday and my miles still have not yet posted. This is weird as I have always had them post by Monday.

My Friday flight hasn't posted yet either. I agree that this is odd since 48 hours seems to be the norm.

Omne38103 Apr 1, 2014 8:28 am

Flew UA (United Express) Friday and Sunday, none have posted yet. First time flying UA in a few months, but normally Delta miles show up within 24 hours. Seems UA is a bit slower?

IADFlyer123 Apr 1, 2014 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Omne38103 (Post 22628159)
Flew UA (United Express) Friday and Sunday, none have posted yet. First time flying UA in a few months, but normally Delta miles show up within 24 hours. Seems UA is a bit slower?

Usually they post in 48 hours. But seems like something has gotten out of sync...maybe they are playing an April Fools Prank on us :D