Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

(Consolidated) "I got my 2012 MileagePlus card" THREAD *don't post THAT YOU DID NOT*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Consolidated) "I got my 2012 MileagePlus card" THREAD *don't post THAT YOU DID NOT*

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:35 am

Premier Silver info received 2/27 in Massachusetts. Same stuff as everyone else.

I wish they would have used the money they put toward the packaging and luggage tag to give us E+ access at time of booking for 2012.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: US Silver, Marriott Rewards Gold, AmEx Platinum
Southwest New Jersey (Philly 'burbs) Recieved my Silver packet 2/25 'ish.

Unfortunately United's current F pricing has pushed me back to US.
Most trips are written-off a rather large expense account thus the paid F to guarantee an F seat.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Got my GS package today in central NJ. Nice black packaging with the black GS card, two leather customized luggage tags, 10 drink chits, and brochure/international dialing card/etc.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by tarheelnj; Feb 29, 2012 at 11:11 am Reason: corrected # of drink chits to 10
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Got my GS package today in central NJ. Nice black packaging with the black GS card, two leather customized luggage tags, 8 drink chits, and brochure/international dialing card/etc.
Wait - only 8 chits? 1ks get 10? Possibly because we're going to be in the back more?? I'm traveling tomorrow and got zero chits and zero kits!

Originally Posted by mander
10 expiring 1/31/13
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
I had sent an email yesterday to 1K Voice, re: husband's new card being silver when it should be matched to my 1K, due to getting to million miles. Anyway, that email just got me a phone call reply from UA customer service.

The rep says that updated cards will be sent out after March 9. She seems to think we will be OK (flying to Europe on 17th) with baggage allowances. Hope so!

I was impressed to get a phone call, in any case. And that call came less than 24 hours after my email got sent. Thank you, UA. ^
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Wait - only 8 chits? 1ks get 10? Possibly because we're going to be in the back more?? I'm traveling tomorrow and got zero chits and zero kits!
Oops - I miscounted. It is 10. Two sheets of 5 each. I'll correct my post. Thanks.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: General member, former 1P
1P package arrived today Wed 2/29 here in Central Florida. However, Toddler Flavorflav's 2P package did not.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:22 am

Maybe I should start a new thread (???) but I just got ANOTHER call from UA rep. Now she says that the updated cards will arrive 'early in the second quarter' (April) and not sometime after March 9th.

I asked about the card my husband would be getting, and she says that it will be a star gold card, not a 1K card. My husband is matched to my lifetime status (star gold, MM) and NOT to my ANNUAL status (1K). I looked on the UA site, and yes, it does specifically say "matched lifetime status"...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by sim510
Maybe I should start a new thread (???) but I just got ANOTHER call from UA rep. Now she says that the updated cards will arrive 'early in the second quarter' (April) and not sometime after March 9th.

I asked about the card my husband would be getting, and she says that it will be a star gold card, not a 1K card. My husband is matched to my lifetime status (star gold, MM) and NOT to my ANNUAL status (1K). I looked on the UA site, and yes, it does specifically say "matched lifetime status"...
The agent was wrong about that. He will get a 1K card just like yours.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
That agent is wrong - if you're a 1KMM, your spouse is matched to 1K as well (but without the SWUs)
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG

The UA Terms and Conditions page where you signed up your husband says:

https://www.mileageplus.com/mp/desig...dconditions.do

Million Miler Eligibility:
If your Lifetime Flight Mile balance is one million miles or more, you are considered a Million Miler and may designate your spouse or significant other ("companion") even if you have not yet received any notification from MileagePlus.
You may designate one (1) companion to receive the same Premier level as you currently hold, regardless if you have 1 Million lifetime miles or more than 2 Million lifetime miles.
If you earn a higher Premier level during the program year, your companion will also receive that higher status level.
However if your companion earns a higher Premier level, your account status will not change.

The only question outstanding is whether your husband would get matched to GS, should you earn that... depends on whether GS is technically considered a "Premier level" or not.

But Plat & 1K clearly are Premier levels, so your husband should be matched to it.

Also, when UA_Insider announced it way back on flyertalk they also said the higher level should be matched:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-2012-a.html

Million milers will be able to designate a spouse or significant other to always have the same premier tier as them (this includes when the million miler member earns a higher tier).

----

Still, very disturbing that an agent is telling you this. And also disturbing that different language is used on other United pages.

And slipping to APRIL? I sure hope that isn't right either.

Last edited by flyer215; Feb 29, 2012 at 11:49 am
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:55 am

I just fired off another email to 1kvoice. I included the link to the information about matching current status. We'll see what happens THIS TIME.

Ugh....
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
coworker got her 1k, washington dc...still waiting for my Platinum
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
coworker got her 1k, washington dc...still waiting for my Platinum
Thanks for the update. I'm tempted to go home to look for mine!

Last edited by DCEsquire; Feb 29, 2012 at 6:58 pm Reason: UPDATE: I'm home and peering into my empty mailbox. Sigh. Leaving for travel tomorrow. I'm not pleased about this.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
I got my 1k packet today in Santa Barbara, CA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.