Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

(Consolidated) "I got my 2012 MileagePlus card" THREAD *don't post THAT YOU DID NOT*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Consolidated) "I got my 2012 MileagePlus card" THREAD *don't post THAT YOU DID NOT*

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:38 pm
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Exclamation (Consolidated) "I got my 2012 MileagePlus card" THREAD *don't post THAT YOU DID NOT*

My 2012 MileagePlus card was delivered in early morning (2/20) to our United Kingdom offices.( I hurried to quickly put this thread together on that day and have since realized that it was not totally clear, so I have returned to edit this thread to clarify.)

I guess they did a good job of getting overseas cards mailed EARLY in time.^ Reports of overseas deliveries are starting to slowly filter in.
Those in the states hopefully will start getting them soon.

Please post the date when you get your card and related membership materials, and in what city you received it.

THIS IS TO HELP EVERYONE GET AN IDEA WHEN THEY MAY EXPECT TO RECEIVE THEIRS. Feel free to comment about what you received.

PLEASE DO NOT POST THAT you did not get yours, or everyone will be posting. (IN OTHER WORDS, PLEASE NO REDUNDANT COMMENTS LIKE "I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MINE YET...DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THEY ARE COMING?")

Others are certainly welcome and encouraged to participate in discussion, but once again, please don't take our time and space to post that you have not received your materials yet.

This thread should help persons get an idea of when they may be getting theirs and whether they should be checking with the new MileagePlus offices if it gets to be close to March 3 and they have not yet received it.

So please, (1) put your City, State, country, etc. where you received your card
and (2) what date. Again, this will help give everyone an idea of when their card may be coming.

You also may wish to state if you are a general MileagePlus member or what Premier level you are. Please feel free to make any other comments about the membership package you received and your card, etc.

Thanks.

Happy Flying. mkr

Last edited by J.Edward; Feb 24, 2012 at 10:46 pm
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
how's the new 1K card look like in person?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Also got my card on 2/20 in Tokyo, Japan. In my case though, they sent the wrong level, it looks like they sent the elite level info to the vendor before everyone's 2012 status was finalized after Dec 31st.

Another gripe I had about my card was they sent a Japanese language welcome pack. OnePass has always sent correspondence in English before. Don't know why now they decide to use language based on your address this year, but I'm sure a large portion of the UA/CO elites living in Asia are not locals and do not read the language well, if at all. If I get something in the mail from ANA or JAL, they send it in English.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Do the 1K kits include drink vouchers? Baggage tags? Anything more than just the card?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Do the 1K kits include drink vouchers? Baggage tags? Anything more than just the card?
this post has a link to a pic of a silver members kit with one luggage tag. No reports yet on higher level kits or drink chits. Only a handful of posts on recieving kits -- things should be clearer in a day or two.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 23, 2012 at 7:02 pm Reason: re-did link
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:49 pm
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Also got my card on 2/20 in Tokyo, Japan. In my case though, they sent the wrong level, it looks like they sent the elite level info to the vendor before everyone's 2012 status was finalized after Dec 31st.

Another gripe I had about my card was they sent a Japanese language welcome pack. OnePass has always sent correspondence in English before. Don't know why now they decide to use language based on your address this year, but I'm sure a large portion of the UA/CO elites living in Asia are not locals and do not read the language well, if at all. If I get something in the mail from ANA or JAL, they send it in English.
Exactly the same... boat mate ^^^ that link is my Silver "should be a Gold card'
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Got mine today in suburban KC. I like the luggage tag. ^

Chris

Edit: Been asked to edit this to include other info. I don't know what else you all wanna know. It comes with a booklet detailing the elite perks you get. Nothing you wouldn't already know having been on FT. One card, one luggage tag. I'm only gold so no drink chits. The only mildly interesting thing was that the booklet is individually printed with a little scale showing your 2011 EQM earning.

Last edited by JayhawkCO; Feb 24, 2012 at 11:43 pm
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:09 pm

That link goes to page 17 (in a thread that spans 46 pages and counting).

The post in question is here.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
this post has a link to a pic of a silver members kit with one luggage tag. No reports yet on higher level kits or drink chits. Only a handful of posts on recieving kits -- things should be clearer in a day or two.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by malgudi
That link goes to page 17 (in a thread that spans 46 pages and counting).

The post in question is here.
hmmm ... both links take me to the same place??? but another person PMed me about the same issue

Change the originial to the single post format
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat (not much longer)
Originally Posted by mkr
Please post the date when you get your card and related membership materials, and in what city you received it.

THIS IS TO HELP EVERYONE GET AN IDEA WHEN THEY MAY EXPECT TO RECEIVE THEIRS. Feel free to comment about what you received.

PLEASE DO NOT POST THAT you did not get yours, or everyone will be posting. (IN OTHER WORDS, PLEASE NO REDUNDANT COMMENTS LIKE "I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MINE YET...DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THEY ARE COMING?")

Others are certainly welcome and encouraged to participate in discussion, but once again, please don't take our time and space to post that you have not received your materials yet.

You also may wish to state if you are a general MileagePlus member or what Premier level you are. Please feel free to make any other comments about the membership package you received and your card, etc.

Thanks.

Happy Flying. mkr
+! ^I see that the moderators edited this thread to make it more clear. So I have also edited my earlier comments.

Looking forward to seeing some posts here as FTers in the US start to get their new cards and materials. So far, mainly a few overseas persons.

Last edited by WideBodyFlyer; Feb 25, 2012 at 11:54 am Reason: clarity
Old Feb 26, 2012, 4:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
2P card arrived Friday the 24th here in The Netherlands
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Smile Premier Gold Unboxing

Received my Premier Gold package today (Boston, MA). Will update with some photos of the contents shortly.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:40 pm

Exterior of Gold Package

No mailing date...

Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:45 pm

Interior Contents

No drink chits...Personalized bag tag though, with an area on the back for name/address. Cards have a metallic sheen, but more subtle than old UA/Co cards.

Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:47 pm

Card Back + Front

Phone numbers are old UA numbers. Back of card has no metallic sheen/flecks. Just matte gold color.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.