Wiki Posts
Search

Will the 1K Desk/Call Center survive?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP-HH Dia-MR Titanium /LT-Plat
Will the 1K Desk/Call Center survive?

Just curious if there has been any announcement on this yet. I reviewed UA Insiders posts on the merger updates. I have read a lot about the programs and associated benefits but very little about what happens behind the scenes and the merging of the customer service centers.

Anyone know of any posts that address this?

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Don't think we know yet - frankly I'm more concerned about the level and responsiveness of service provided by MP surviving, as opposed to the albatross known as the OPSC.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
On the Preview site where you can reprint your card, it shows the CO Elite phone number (though they use numbers instead of 866-what it spells).

Of course the number the 1K uses is a better number since it's 800 and ends with 000, so it probably costs them an extra $100 a year, so no wonder they appear to be going with the CO number.

If they use CO's IVR system, that will be another disappointment, as it's horrible.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by channa
Of course the number the 1K uses is a better number since it's 800 and ends with 000, so it probably costs them an extra $100 a year, so no wonder they appear to be going with the CO number.
Hey, with that $100, you could buy a minute of $misek's time and tell him what you think of him!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP-HH Dia-MR Titanium /LT-Plat
Originally Posted by channa
On the Preview site where you can reprint your card, it shows the CO Elite phone number (though they use numbers instead of 866-what it spells).

If they use CO's IVR system, that will be another disappointment, as it's horrible.

So on the pss site I found 2 pieces of interesting info. I found what you were describing, the CO elite desk # when printing a duplicate card but I also found on the elite benefits site that it states the 1K 1 call line as a benefit

Perhaps we will have to wait until 3/3 for definitive answers. I much prefer the 1K line where it recognizes me and I don't have to speak to Simon for 5 minutes and listen to his long drawn out message.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by JLITTLE
So on the pss site I found 2 pieces of interesting info. I found what you were describing, the CO elite desk # when printing a duplicate card but I also found on the elite benefits site that it states the 1K 1 call line as a benefit

Perhaps we will have to wait until 3/3 for definitive answers. I much prefer the 1K line where it recognizes me and I don't have to speak to Simon for 5 minutes and listen to his long drawn out message.
I can deal with Simon for 5 minutes. I'm less thrilled by spending 3.5 hours waiting for an international reservations agent to fix a schedule change to an itinerary that left me with an impossible connection.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Will it matter? Plats in the latest "CO takes a long time to answer the phone" thread are reporting hour long holds when calling their elite line.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:29 pm

On the onepassmergerupdates.com site, it lists this:

1K 1Call dedicated line
http://www.onepassmergerupdates.com/...2MPStatusChart
Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I sure hope so, considering I was on hold for about 20 minutes on the "Everyone is elite" call center line
Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Called today to purchase a ticket. Seemed like a very different experience.

No mention at all of status with the airline. Agent was not exactly rude but not really pleasant. There was a lot of background noise, chatter, etc. Phone was answered (after a couple minute wait) with "how can I help you".

The agent was functionally fine. It was a pretty simple call (cost for a W fare with specific route, confirm NC space was available for the TPAC legs, issue the ticket), but did not seem at all like a call to the 1K line. (Except for the multiple attempts to get me a rental car at a discount )

Just a data point.....
Old Feb 12, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: 1K on UA, Platinum on CO
I have to believe that if the 1K line goes and they force us to use CO's general elite (1hr wait) line - that the uproar will be palpable -
Old Feb 12, 2012, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by Dr_Adventure
I have to believe that if the 1K line goes and they force us to use CO's general elite (1hr wait) line - that the uproar will be palpable -
There has NEVER been a 1hr wait on the CO elite line, even during the blizzard and hurricane last year in EWR. But thanks for stopping by.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by njcommodore
There has NEVER been a 1hr wait on the CO elite line, even during the blizzard and hurricane last year in EWR. But thanks for stopping by.
Such a strong statement that many people might even believe it to be true, except maybe those of us who have experienced such a wait firsthand.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I had one a month or so ago. Others have reported ones of similar lengths the past few days. Do you think we all misdialed/misspoke our OP #s, or are you calling all of us liars?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Dr_Adventure
I have had several times at the CO elite line where a machine says all lines are busy, please call back later and hangs up on me. Very unprofessional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.