Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Improve the New Boarding Passes.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K and 1 Million Miles, Marriott Plat Premier and LT Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Please Improve the New Boarding Passes.

PLEASE return the number of miles the flight is to the new boarding passes. Also, please make the departing and arriving cities BIGGER -- it's confussing when you have multiple boarding passes.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:39 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
So, is there a new format?

FWIW, the number of miles was not on PMUA boarding passes.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I noticed today my BP says "boarding group 1" instead of 1K
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: CX Gold
Yeah, I'm CO Gold, and my BP says Boarding Group 2 today. Maybe they are doing something similar to AA and DL, that no more pre-boarding, but assigning a group # to everyone?

Also, it says "Premier Access" on the pdf version of the BP, but during the check-in process, "Elite Access" was displayed on every page.

This is the first time I'm printing a CO BP for flights departing Beijing, but the following airport-specific reminder on the BP is very attentive: "Customers departing on flights from Beijing, China, (PEK) are advised that matches and lighters are not allowed in carry-on or checked bags."

Last edited by lixiaojuventus; Feb 9, 2012 at 9:04 am
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by chavala
I noticed today my BP says "boarding group 1" instead of 1K
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
Yeah, I'm CO Gold, and my BP says Boarding Group 2 today. Maybe they are doing something similar to AA and DL, that no more pre-boarding, but assigning a group # to everyone?

Also, it says "Premier Access" on the pdf version of the BP, but during the check-in process, "Elite Access" was displayed on every page.

This is the first time I'm printing a CO BP for flights departing Beijing, but the following airport-specific reminder on the BP is very attentive: "Customers departing on flights from Beijing, China, (PEK) are advised that matches and lighters are not allowed in carry-on or checked bags."
Already being discussed here. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...merged-74.html.

Here is the text of the post by UA Insider.

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone, I wanted to give you a heads up on a change that you’ll soon see to the boarding process when traveling on flights operated by our Continental subsidiary. These changes will set the stage for us to move to a common process in March. Here are some highlights of what to expect:
  1. “Boarding Groups” will appear on each boarding pass. With the exception of Global Services and Presidential Platinum Elite customers, all customers will be invited to board by the Boarding Group on their boarding pass.

2. Some customers will be invited to pre-board. We’ll invite customers with disabilities, as well as Global Services, Presidential Platinum Elite and uniformed military personnel to board first.

3. There will be eight Boarding Groups. After pre-boarding, we’ll continue to board by group number which includes the following:
    • Boarding Group 1: Premium cabin, 1K and Platinum Elite customers
    • Boarding Group 2: Gold Elite, Premier Executive and Star Alliance Gold
    • Boarding Group 3: Silver Elite, Premier and Star Alliance Silver
    • Boarding Group 4: Presidential Plus cardmembers
    • Boarding Group 5: Mileage Plus Explorer and OnePass Plus cardmembers
    • Boarding Groups 6-8: General boarding
      Note: between Groups 5 and 6 we’ll invite families traveling with children under four
Until we’re on a single system in March, the boarding process on flights operated by our United and Continental subsidiaries will remain different. For example, Boarding Group 4 on each carrier represents a different set of customers. Changes to flights operated by our Continental subsidiary will begin later this month.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
If you're not GS/PPlat or uniformed military, you will get a zone printed on your bp! 1K/Plat/F is zone 1; *G is zone 2
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by joshwex90
If you're not GS/PPlat or uniformed military, you will get a zone printed on your bp! 1K/Plat/F is zone 1; *G is zone 2
As a GS/PPlat, I still get Zone 1 printed on my Boarding Pass. My guess is that the system has to default to something.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Cuse44
Already being discussed here. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...merged-74.html.

Here is the text of the post by UA Insider.
This makes a great deal of sense. Under the old system, there were as many as 4 announcements before they got to Zone 1. I can't fault people who are told that the aircraft boards by Zone and who have a "1" on their ticket from thinking that they will board first, only to find that they are blocking the boarding area because they are the 4th in sequence to board.

In an ideal world, evey single BP would contain a Zone # and that's the order in which boarding would occur. Not sure I need a BP to confirm my status to me.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
This makes a great deal of sense. Under the old system, there were as many as 4 announcements before they got to Zone 1. I can't fault people who are told that the aircraft boards by Zone and who have a "1" on their ticket from thinking that they will board first, only to find that they are blocking the boarding area because they are the 4th in sequence to board.

In an ideal world, evey single BP would contain a Zone # and that's the order in which boarding would occur. Not sure I need a BP to confirm my status to me.
Yeah, it is more clearer for the general public, but I don't know how it would mean for the United ground crew. Previously in PEK, the United ground crew would arrange the people with Group # printed on their BP into four groups, queuing up in front of the Economy boarding lane, leaving the Elite boarding lane open. But how would they handle EIGHT boarding groups?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Cuse44
As a GS/PPlat, I still get Zone 1 printed on my Boarding Pass. My guess is that the system has to default to something.
IMO, everyone should have a zone # printed. And then, make the announcement that Zones 1 and 2, or just Zone 1, or Zones 1-3 are all Premier Access. Very simply, clean and clear (and under control )
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, Best West Gold, United Gold
Sounds good to me, now if we can get the gate lice to get out of the way we are really cooking with gas.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Should they increase the size of the seat numbers on the aircraft so you can find your seat better too?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by davidash
PLEASE return the number of miles the flight is to the new boarding passes. Also, please make the departing and arriving cities BIGGER -- it's confussing when you have multiple boarding passes.
putting the miles on the BP serves no purpose. and i'm assuming you mean the CO boarding passes with the cities. UA is easy to read, imo.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:45 pm

Do we have pics of these new boarding passes?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by haddon90
putting the miles on the BP serves no purpose. and i'm assuming you mean the CO boarding passes with the cities. UA is easy to read, imo.
I am looking at my BP to LAX which I printed at home and it does show the miles. It is right under the flight number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.