Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"direct" (with stop) credit in new program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"direct" (with stop) credit in new program?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by sakaike
I'm currently booked on UA1596, SNA-IAD with a stop in IAH. It shows two seat maps, but I cannot change my seat assignment for the second segment (I can change my seat for the SNA-IAH segment).

I will be calling the 1K desk to split into segments so that I can change my seat IAH-IAD.
it will always show as two seat maps regardless of the number of segments.
Old May 11, 2013, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by o mikros
That's really strange; in all my experience of these awful "direct" flights I've never had trouble with getting separate seat maps for each leg and being able to select seats on each independently. Actually, I take that back, there was one time when I was on a 739 --> 739, but I just took 7F and was given it for both segments.

Was it not showing two seat maps, or was the system blocking your access to preferred seats?
It was showing both maps, but the connecting flight IAH - LAS is currently showing a non E+ 738 (20F, mid-lav, etc.) and so the only "E+" was 7/8 and 21/22, and it had booked me into like 10F or something like that (non E+). I was unable to change my seat at all and the E+ was completely greyed out as if someone was either already sitting there or I just wasn't being allowed access. I did a dummy booking of just IAH - LAS for the same flight and it showed me E+ availability so that's when I called. Ironically when I called up she actually told me "those seats are full," and she didn't pursue it until I insisted that I was looking at the IAH - LAS seat map and it showed those seats to be wide open. I guess it was just some weird glitch? Whatever the case she basically put me on hold for 15 minutes came back and had split it into two separate segments to get me E+ access and now I'm able to see the full seat map and change seats if I want. Just bizarre.
Old May 12, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm on 1207 ANC-IAH (w a stop SEA) tonight. I was only shown 1 map at time of seat selection and also checking in yesterday, yet I was given 2 boarding passes.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by chavala
I'm on 1207 ANC-IAH (w a stop SEA) tonight. I was only shown 1 map at time of seat selection and also checking in yesterday, yet I was given 2 boarding passes.
Probably because of an aircraft change in SEA?

Is it booked as two segments?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by warreng24
Probably because of an aircraft change in SEA?

Is it booked as two segments?
Yes, they make you get off the plane and reboard in SEA. No, I didn't book as 2 segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.