FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "direct" (with stop) credit in new program?
Old May 11, 2013, 3:52 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by o mikros
That's really strange; in all my experience of these awful "direct" flights I've never had trouble with getting separate seat maps for each leg and being able to select seats on each independently. Actually, I take that back, there was one time when I was on a 739 --> 739, but I just took 7F and was given it for both segments.

Was it not showing two seat maps, or was the system blocking your access to preferred seats?
It was showing both maps, but the connecting flight IAH - LAS is currently showing a non E+ 738 (20F, mid-lav, etc.) and so the only "E+" was 7/8 and 21/22, and it had booked me into like 10F or something like that (non E+). I was unable to change my seat at all and the E+ was completely greyed out as if someone was either already sitting there or I just wasn't being allowed access. I did a dummy booking of just IAH - LAS for the same flight and it showed me E+ availability so that's when I called. Ironically when I called up she actually told me "those seats are full," and she didn't pursue it until I insisted that I was looking at the IAH - LAS seat map and it showed those seats to be wide open. I guess it was just some weird glitch? Whatever the case she basically put me on hold for 15 minutes came back and had split it into two separate segments to get me E+ access and now I'm able to see the full seat map and change seats if I want. Just bizarre.