Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
I am guessing EWR?
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA
Yes, this is EWR. Yes, there is no UC in Terminal A. Yes, there are plans to open one. No, the opening date is not known.
SPN Lifer and bob_the_d like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
According to Zach Griff (ed note: assuming no delays, which I wouldn't assume)

Terminal A club by end of Q2
C74 club by end of Q3

elitefreak, m.y and 8MiHi like this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 4:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was flying out of C85 yesterday so I went to the Pop Up Club

What a dreary place. I give them credit for having UC Wifi and plenty of power but otherwise it's like sitting at a gate with slightly better seats. Food was two choices of cold sandwiches or a salad, three kinds of chips or packaged cookies. There was a bar with Bud or Coors Lite and some bad wine. Also the employees there are not overly friendly, though I guess it is EWR.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
FWIW, much better than C3 popup before C123 UC, but the bar is low, as usual.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 6:10 pm

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
I was flying out of C85 yesterday so I went to the Pop Up Club

What a dreary place. I give them credit for having UC Wifi and plenty of power but otherwise it's like sitting at a gate with slightly better seats. Food was two choices of cold sandwiches or a salad, three kinds of chips or packaged cookies. There was a bar with Bud or Coors Lite and some bad wine. Also the employees there are not overly friendly, though I guess it is EWR.
I use this club as grab and go only. Good thing the weather was cold and they didnt have to have the big fans going. I'll typically drop in for a coffee, yoghurt and a banana and go eat it in the terminal. The only thing I'll add is that IME, the staff is great at this location, and they generally try to make the best of it vs. your experience.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 7:41 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by Repooc17
FWIW, much better than C3 popup before C123 UC, but the bar is low, as usual.
C3 popup unbearable when the sun was out
Old Mar 16, 2023, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Certainly when comparing the C1 pop-up to the C123 permanent club there is a lot left to want. I hope the promise of a Q3 opening for the new Club (and the Terminal A Club) happens.
I appreciate the pop-up for what it is and the effort by the staff. I have been in some non-UC permanent clubs that only aspire to be what the pop-up is (here is looking at you IASS HNL) or are only marginally better (The Club at JAX is in need of refreshing).
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Does the C123 UC have small bottles of water that you can take with you? That's probably the only thing I've appreciated about the pop-up club, being able to throw a couple small bottles in my carry-on.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Does the C123 UC have small bottles of water that you can take with you? That's probably the only thing I've appreciated about the pop-up club, being able to throw a couple small bottles in my carry-on.
No, C123 does not have them.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
In the Q1 23 earnings call SK indicated that the A Club and the C74 Club will open this year and they are big, really big.
No further hints on timing, just this year.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
In the Q1 23 earnings call SK indicated that the A Club and the C74 Club will open this year and they are big, really big.
No further hints on timing, just this year.
In an ideal world if the rotunda is being "gut renovated" hopefully the means it getting centralized bathrooms...
Has anyone seen any movement on the A lounge?
Old Apr 19, 2023, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 1200GS
I use this club as grab and go only. Good thing the weather was cold and they didnt have to have the big fans going. I'll typically drop in for a coffee, yoghurt and a banana and go eat it in the terminal. The only thing I'll add is that IME, the staff is great at this location, and they generally try to make the best of it vs. your experience.
Frankly, they could've done a United Club Fly instead of the pop-up. And now that I think about it -- would be awesome to have one of those down C2, because I don't see any way to stick an actual club in there (or even get access over to either C1 or C3 clubs.)

By the end of year, we'll have C3, C1 and A clubs, all brand new, all freshly renovated. Throw my crazy C2 Club Fly idea into the mix, and EWR really would be best-in-the-system for clubs.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Frankly, they could've done a United Club Fly instead of the pop-up. And now that I think about it -- would be awesome to have one of those down C2, because I don't see any way to stick an actual club in there (or even get access over to either C1 or C3 clubs.)

By the end of year, we'll have C3, C1 and A clubs, all brand new, all freshly renovated. Throw my crazy C2 Club Fly idea into the mix, and EWR really would be best-in-the-system for clubs.
If,if,if. But yeah, no, EWR will never be best in system (with or without your dream extra club) for anything due to its employees!

Besides IAH has 5 clubs (a couple of them are decent), and ORD has 4, all pretty decent.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by dmurphynj

Having a small grab-n-go would be great, but I am not sure they have space for that at the expense of sacrificing a gate (which, given general constraints at EWR, I am sure UA would be loathe to do).
EWR764 and tcdtcd like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.