Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by goodeats21
(Interestingly, Terminal A doesn't seem to be GoJet only. My Republic UAX flight is using it.)
Correct... Republic is back using some A gates, and GoJet is using a few hardstands on C. Now, gate assigments are completely random again, but more YX will be in C, and more G7 will be in A.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
New C74

I'm surprised nobody posted about all the work seemingly happening at C74. I should have taken pics of all the coverings over where the stairs and elevator are. And you can kinda peek into the windows from the concourse and tell that they seem to have gutted it already.

Hopefully this will be a quicker job than the new UC.
EWR764, ContinentalFan and 8MiHi like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by elitefreak
I'm surprised nobody posted about all the work seemingly happening at C74. I should have taken pics of all the coverings over where the stairs and elevator are. And you can kinda peek into the windows from the concourse and tell that they seem to have gutted it already.

If they were smart, they'd take all the upper level above the Sodexo food/market to expand and enhance the club but it ain't happenin'.

David
Old Sep 19, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder

I saw the tarp over the entrance. It gives me hope that it won't take as long as the new one in the C3 concourse.
If they truly gut it and build out the 2 stair and elevator corners there is a lot of room they can develop. I would love it if they went up and had a better view, but that would probably add too much to the building time.
Now if only we could get actual dates for new Terminal A and when United will open the new lounge there. It still says opening Spring of 2022. At least United is having a job fair for customer service personnel, so it may be soon.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I'm surprised nobody posted about all the work seemingly happening at C74.
Here you go...

Pics from yesterday. I have a feeling UA is going to make this another awesome club, like the new one at C3.
Before the tarp went up, there were tape markings on the floor, indicating a completely redesigned entrance, that will use more floor space.

elitefreak, SPN Lifer, m.y and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by DELee
If they were smart, they'd take all the upper level above the Sodexo food/market to expand and enhance the club but it ain't happenin'.

David
Minutiae, I know, but Sodexo is out as the United Club operator at EWR (now FLiK Hospitality) and the much-reviled OTG runs the food court downstairs. Reportedly the iPads are being removed with no plans to replace them, which would be a win. No plans to deck over that space, and as far as I understand, the C-1 club footprint will be the same. That said, I expect the space will be better-utilized, with conference rooms, etc. removed.

Originally Posted by 8MiHi
I saw the tarp over the entrance. It gives me hope that it won't take as long as the new one in the C3 concourse.
If they truly gut it and build out the 2 stair and elevator corners there is a lot of room they can develop. I would love it if they went up and had a better view, but that would probably add too much to the building time.
Now if only we could get actual dates for new Terminal A and when United will open the new lounge there. It still says opening Spring of 2022. At least United is having a job fair for customer service personnel, so it may be soon.
I expect the entrance to the new C-1 club to have escalators like the C-3 club. The stairs (dating to the late 1980s when the building was designed) aren’t useful for today’s rollaboard-toting travelers, and the elevator was a choke point.

As far as new Terminal A, right now the “target” is November 1, but I have serious doubts about it. Most people involved in the project I talk to are skeptical of that as well. If the 11/1 date lapses, I would expect an opening after the New Year. I don’t think anyone wants to try to open between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The United Club in A will probably be a mid-2023 opening.
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy, m.y and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by EWR764
Reportedly the iPads are being removed with no plans to replace them, which would be a win.
Well, I'll be....HALLELUJAH!
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Minutiae, I know, but Sodexo is out as the United Club operator at EWR (now FLiK Hospitality) and the much-reviled OTG runs the food court downstairs. Reportedly the iPads are being removed with no plans to replace them, which would be a win. No plans to deck over that space, and as far as I understand, the C-1 club footprint will be the same. That said, I expect the space will be better-utilized, with conference rooms, etc. removed.
An error on my part - not sure how I'd forgotten that OTG was the runner of the food court - that's what I was trying to get at. That's the missing hole in the C-1/C74 club that needs to be covered over and filled to get more space for the club and so that we don't have to look down there...

I expect the entrance to the new C-1 club to have escalators like the C-3 club. The stairs (dating to the late 1980s when the building was designed) aren’t useful for today’s rollaboard-toting travelers, and the elevator was a choke point.
My concern about escalators is their footprint - either chewing into the walkway and impeding flow in C-1 in front of the current entrance and/or eating floorspace of the C-1/C74 club itself.

As far as new Terminal A, right now the “target” is November 1, but I have serious doubts about it. Most people involved in the project I talk to are skeptical of that as well. If the 11/1 date lapses, I would expect an opening after the New Year. I don’t think anyone wants to try to open between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The United Club in A will probably be a mid-2023 opening.
I'm not holding my breath.

David
EWR764 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by DELee
My concern about escalators is their footprint - either chewing into the walkway and impeding flow in C-1 in front of the current entrance and/or eating floorspace of the C-1/C74 club itself.
As it is now, with temporary construction partitions, the circulation area isn't too adversely affected. UA also took over some vendor space directly below the club entrance (former currency exchange counter) so I wonder if that area might be part of a new entrance?
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
As it is now, with temporary construction partitions, the circulation area isn't too adversely affected. UA also took over some vendor space directly below the club entrance (former currency exchange counter) so I wonder if that area might be part of a new entrance?
That would make a lot of sense.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 8MiHi
That would make a lot of sense.
For a change.

David
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by narvik
Here you go...

Pics from yesterday. I have a feeling UA is going to make this another awesome club, like the new one at C3.
Before the tarp went up, there were tape markings on the floor, indicating a completely redesigned entrance, that will use more floor space.

My alma mater! RU rah rah!
SPN Lifer, kirkwoodj and 8MiHi like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik

"They told me to meet them next to the big R sign. Where is it?"

David
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
They were quite useful for me (even if I had to carry my rollaboard) as a way to get up to the entrance before the line of people waiting for the elevator.
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy, seanp7 and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:09 am

My alma mater! RU rah rah!
Not sure what is was all about, but the day AFTER those pics were taken, there was a group of people dressed all in red and what appeared to be Rutgers cheerleader outfits (maybe?) at a coffee outlet on the baggage claim level in C.

Was definitely 'something' Rutgers going on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.