Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United's Onboard Coffee (Fresh Brew Kova) - Reviews, Questions, Etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's Onboard Coffee (Fresh Brew Kova) - Reviews, Questions, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:52 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Is there good news to come to UA and the coffee disaster? Today DL announced that they are switching 100 percent to Starbucks coffee worldwide. For the DL imitators in Chicago : Why don't you copy this move as well?
When UA Insider announced upgrading food in domestic FC there was no mention of coffee

And don't forget, UA only copies things that save them money. As far as I can see they don't copy investments that could INCREASE earnings

Not sure if dropping DAL is saving them money, but this is one of few instances where they don't follow DL @:-)

In hopes of landing the two AA slots at DAL DL announced mainline service to ALL hubs (slots were awared to Virgin America) while UA dropped DAL-DEN RJ service a few years back and is bailing completely next month and subleasing gates to WN
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I'm not the biggest fan of Starbucks but when United had it, it was good coffee on an airplane.

Sadly, Smisek's buddy owns a coffee company. You will not see a change. Everyone has better coffee. Starbucks, Dunkin, Seattle's Best, etc.. UA will not change..
Even coffee from the gas station doesn't seem to bad in comparison
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:40 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Delta now serves Starbucks both onboard and more recently, in their lounges. I know some don't care for SB, but it's orders of magnitude of the brown stuff UA serves. Any hope UA will improve their offering?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Delta now serves Starbucks both onboard and more recently, in their lounges. I know some don't care for SB, but it's orders of magnitude of the brown stuff UA serves. Any hope UA will improve their offering?
Nah. As others have said, UA only copies DL when it saves them money. I fear that "NewPoo" will be with us until they find something even cheaper.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by milepig
Nah. As others have said, UA only copies DL when it saves them money. I fear that "NewPoo" will be with us until they find something even cheaper.
What could be cheaper than that?

Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:13 am

Taster's Choice is way too classy for the new United. How about Walmart's GV brand? That would
be fitting.

Here is the link "http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-c751/k2-_06d2ebce-12b2-4d2c-a64f-fb26c7281cb9.v1.jpg"

Last edited by Exleftseat; Aug 27, 2015 at 10:16 am Reason: Unable to post picture
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Taster's Choice is way too classy for the new United.
Taster's Choice would definitely be an upgrade.

I honestly don't know how UA makes its coffee taste so bad.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by Kacee

+1. This gives me an idea. Bring along instant coffee (maybe even that starbucks stuff) and just ask for hot water. Much better than what they serve. They even manage to serve burnt out coffee right after takeoff. They must be preparing it during boarding or something.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Boghopper
+1. This gives me an idea. Bring along instant coffee (maybe even that starbucks stuff) and just ask for hot water. Much better than what they serve. They even manage to serve burnt out coffee right after takeoff. They must be preparing it during boarding or something.
That's what I do. Starbucks Via. Nescafe is also okay. Both are way better than the brown swill.

Even when they brew a "fresh pot" it has that awful burnt chemicals taste.

Originally Posted by halls120
No mystery here. Low quality beans and cheapest roasting process possible.
Actually it is a mystery (at least to me). There's plenty of very cheap coffee out there that is perfectly drinkable.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Kacee

Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by halls120
Sorry....I enjoy the Folgers from Costco. I also enjoy Starbucks. But I consider UA coffee undrinkable.

What is cheaper than Folgers?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Oh man.

Just boarded a morning flight and desperate for coffee.

Made the mistake of trying fresh poo again.

Nasty nasty nasty.

I forgot how truly awful this crap is....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.