Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BP stamped on entry to UC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM Lifetime Gold, starting AK, Marriott Bonvoy
Got my first-ever stamp on Wednesday at SFO Term 3 club. No stamp at IAD on Thursday. Maybe they're preparing another change we'll like, perhaps terminating the in-and-out privilege, or allowing entry to only one club per day per airport?

Slightly off-topic, but has there been a change in the guest policy? It currently says "Club access for guests traveling with club members", and IIRC it used to simply state that you could bring in a guest. Are they going to be checking boarding passes to make sure the member and guest are on the same flight?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Silver, UA 1K, DL Silver
I wonder if I can get them to stamp my mobile boarding pass.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, MM, McDonalds Million Burgers
SFO Int RCC stamped - possibly to track drink vouchers.

SFO domestic scans RCC card.

my experience.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by CaliforniaBob
SFO Int RCC stamped - possibly to track drink vouchers.
I don't understand this. What's to keep someone from going from the credentials check-in desk to the customer service desk and asking them to reprint your BP, then leaving the Club, reentering, and checking in with a different agent? If the system showed you were just there, then they didn't need to stamp your BP in the first place.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I don't understand this. What's to keep someone from going from the credentials check-in desk to the customer service desk and asking them to reprint your BP, then leaving the Club, reentering, and checking in with a different agent? If the system showed you were just there, then they didn't need to stamp your BP in the first place.
Original BP (at least in EWR) would have TSA scribble on it.

Plus, not many folks are going to do that much work for a drink chit.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
I got on in SFO last month. Made a comment and the agent laughed and said she had the stamp and just wanted to use it!!
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: CO-Plat/UA-1P, HHonors-Gold
Slightly Off Top

At BCN using the SPANAIR club, they put the priority boarding stamp on the BP when checking in at the club.

Unfortunately I don't think an RCC stamp will improve your upgrade chance on UA.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My BP was stamped at the Narita United Club when I was flying to SFO in late December. I'm not a UC member but was flying on a full fare business class ticket. The stamp said "Club Lounge - Narita" with a circle around it.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Mine was stamped in NRT in Dec. I left for some reason and when I returned, there was a long line for entry. A staff member asked me if I were re-entering and I said yes and she asked to see the boarding pass and I bypassed the line.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Originally Posted by tide
NH does not seem to care. Nor does *A rules prevent you from doing this. I've used my RCC-stamped UA BP to enter the ANA club and nobody bats an eyelid at NH besides telling you the usual "we do not announce UA flights"
Ditto here. I lounge-hop whenever I'm in NRT (great to get the blood flowing in the legs while walking between the satellites before boarding that long-haul flight ) and haven't been denied in either NH lounge.

Originally Posted by gdemander
I wonder if I can get them to stamp my mobile boarding pass.
Do share with us once you succeed.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
I was at NRT on 10/28 and my pass was NOT stamped. I also went in and out of the club a bunch of times and was not stopped again.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K
I had my BPs stamped at both the Terminal 3 and International UCs in the last week.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kenn0223
Perhaps it has to do with the wifi cards? I've heard some agents say these cost UA money per card and refuse to give me one so I can connect multiple devices (since the MP # only works for one). .
Which clubs still require wi-fi cards?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:41 am
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cranky1K
I had my BPs stamped at both the Terminal 3 and International UCs in the last week.
Domestically this seems to be mostly a SFO thing. (IME probably running at least 2 out of 3 times @ SFO T3 UC)
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:51 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Got stamped at SFO as well.

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Which clubs still require wi-fi cards?
That was posting from 2012, when they still use T-Mobile login.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.