Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why do some names show up on the checked-in upgrade list prior to T-24?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do some names show up on the checked-in upgrade list prior to T-24?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
You didn't check in yet. Or it is not yet T-24 for the IAH flight...which is a relatively new phenomenon.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
You didn't check in yet. Or it is not yet T-24 for the IAH flight...which is a relatively new phenomenon.
I hadn't checked in yet, however, why were there 10 other names without assigned seats on the list yesterday (48 hours) prior to the flight? Also, wasn't quite T-24 prior to the IAH segment.

Adding to my confusion, I received an email this morning stating that my MSY-IAH upgrade couldn't be confirmed at this time and my name was being added to the airport waitlist. WHAT??? It was confirmed weeks ago! I called the 1K line and the agent couldn't explain the email.

Thanks for the reminder about checking in - that did it. Currently #7 on a list of 18. Although in the past, I thought I've seen my name on the list prior to check in. Maybe the memory is going.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
People can check in prior to T-24 if they're connecting from flight segments prior to the flight you're referring to (think intl connections).

Don't worry about the email, as long as your reservation shows you're confirmed for the upgrade, disregard it. The email means well, but falls short of actually informing you what it meant to.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:17 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
I hadn't checked in yet, however, why were there 10 other names without assigned seats on the list yesterday (48 hours) prior to the flight? Also, wasn't quite T-24 prior to the IAH segment.
Chances are, those names are people who are indeed checked in. As you can check in for your IAH-SFO flight ahead of 24 hours because you're starting at MSY, many, many others will have a bigger jump at checking in, as I'm guessing they're coming from South America and their flights leave LONG LONG LONG before 24 hours prior. Might even be a European connection or two in there as well--never know.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
I've been at the gate and my name was missing from the TV monitor upgrade list. I (politely) asked the gate agent about it and I was, in fact, on the computer list...just not on the web site list or gate monitor list.

Not sure why that happened but at least I was listed where it counts!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1k MM, HHonors Diamond
No understanding United. Applied an RPU to a flight 6 weeks ago, received the " sorry no dice" email yesterday, then did OLCI. Within 2 hours given a CPU.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:27 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sgfood
No understanding United. Applied an RPU to a flight 6 weeks ago, received the " sorry no dice" email yesterday, then did OLCI. Within 2 hours given a CPU.
Likely the upgrade was due to the RPU placing you higher on the waitlist then you would have been otherwise. So no CPU, but rather RPU cleared.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Pax checked in 36 hours before flight?

I’m flying LHR-DEN Saturday and note that there are already two J pax checked in for the flight. What routing are these folks flying to be checked in 36 hours before departure??
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:29 pm

There's nothing extraordinary here, IMHO. My guess would be folks planning to spend several hours in London between flights.

We had something similar a few weeks ago, when traveling BOS-SYD via SFO. We took a 09:00 flight out of BOS, and spent the afternoon in San Francisco before returning to catch the 23:00 flight to SYD from SFO. OLCI 24 hours prior to our initial flight on the itinerary was ~41 hours prior to the SFO departure.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:31 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by GBadger
I’m flying LHR-DEN Saturday and note that there are already two J pax checked in for the flight. What routing are these folks flying to be checked in 36 hours before departure??
Some type of IRROPS and the pax insisted on sticking to this route in J..?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Coming in from a long connecting flight? Like an award NRT-LHR-DEN?

If you fly SIN-SFO-XXX - you ll show up checked in like 18 hours (+24) before your SFO-XXX flight
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Coming in from a long connecting flight? Like an award NRT-LHR-DEN?

If you fly SIN-SFO-XXX - you ll show up checked in like 18 hours (+24) before your SFO-XXX flight
Given that there is a daily NRT-DEN nonstop, I sure hope nobody has this routing!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Could be from somewhere in Europe with an overnight in LHR on the way to DEN, or even something like BOM/DEL-LHR-DEN — both of which seem like perfectly reasonable routings
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by benfro6
Given that there is a daily NRT-DEN nonstop, I sure hope nobody has this routing!
If thats all you can find as an award, you'd be surprised.

But sub in JNB for NRT and I guess it makes more logical sense...
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:52 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Could this be a SDC or would that limit you to 24hrs from time of request?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.