Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Save 20% Now on Award Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
I'm gold. . . got a 30% discount offer if I buy 25,000 or more miles, or a 20% discount if I buy fewer miles.

However, both offers (the 30% offer being 2.63 cents per mile) are well above the 2 cpm offer I get to add on miles to my existing reservation on united.com. Interestingly, adding miles to the same existing reservation at co.com costs 3 cpm.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
I think anyone can use the 30% offer, you just need to use the 30% offer link that came in the mail. It's been posted in other threads but I haven't seen it yet here so here it is:

http://ualmiles.com/janmailoffer

My daughter and I are both GM's. She got the mail and I didn't. She has very little miles in her account, I have a lot mostly from MP Visa.

I know everyone is saying that the even at the discount the miles are still overpriced, but I'm interested in purchasing some miles to hopefully book a Star award for 2 first class seats on ANA rather than business class.

My offer was only for 20%, so this link to the 30% discount looks tempting, but I don't understand why this link allows you to enter and purchase for any MP account, while the targeting e-mails had the specific account No. already entered. And the email offer was only good until Jan 25, while this link offer is good until Feb 6.

Any ideas/comments regarding the link offer?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:06 am

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Question I deleted my 25% email accidentally...

Anyone could tell me how to get this email or offer link again?

I really need to buy some miles for a award ticket.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
I don't know if there is a way. You could book at flight at United.com (not continental, where the award miles will be a relatively expensive 3 cents per mile), purchase extra miles as an option after you complete the ticket (which may be much cheaper than the email offer any way), and then be sure to get a refund for the ticket within 24 hours. The miles you purchase are non-refundable and thus won't be impacted by the ticket refund. You don't have anything to risk by at least giving this a try. . .
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Is this link legit?

I'd like to top off my account for an upcoming award. My targeted e-mail was for 20% off, but someone posted this link for 30% off that seems possible for anyone to use. Since all the e-mail offers were targeted at varying discounts, it seems strange that this link off is available. I'd hat to get caught up in a phising scam. Is there some way to be sure that the link offer is legit?

Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes, it's legitimate.

In theory the 30% off is a targeted offer that is only available via an email that was sent out recently ('This is an exclusive offer. Savings are only available through the links in this email.') however I would not be surprised if it work for everyone.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I'd like to top off my account for an upcoming award. My targeted e-mail was for 20% off, but someone posted this link for 30% off that seems possible for anyone to use. Since all the e-mail offers were targeted at varying discounts, it seems strange that this link off is available. I'd hat to get caught up in a phising scam. Is there some way to be sure that the link offer is legit?

I received this offer via postal service. Presumably, this is legitimate. At the 30% discount, 2.7 cpm is slightly cheaper than the online mileage maximizer 3 cpm rate.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Totoro
2.7 cpm is slightly cheaper than the online mileage maximizer 3 cpm rate.
I know that cpm is the standard rate at continental.com, but I know many are getting a much cheaper rate for award accelerator at united.com (my offer is 2 cpm). You may have already checked this, but I thought I would mention this just in case. . .
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:44 am

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
Originally Posted by 5khours
I think you should change your handle to "ChoppedLiver"
Or perhaps "WhatAmICL"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.