Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Originally Posted by Cuse44
I sent an email to GS Customer Relations this morning to inquire about when 2012 re-qualification notifications will be sent out. This is the response that I received (good news for me!)
Thanks for that info. Good news... this suggests they are about ready to proactively send out emails to everyone regarding requal.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP (LT Pt)
I got mine a few weeks ago - in the midst of another inquiry a few days prior to Christmas, I was told:

Would you also like some good news? We are just beginning to see some 2012 status levels and I'm pleased to advise you a bit early that you have been selected to retain your GS membership for next year. In mid-January, you'll receive the "official" notice but I thought I'd give you a little Christmas present.
I didn't want to share it at the time out of concern that the GS desk would suddenly get swarmed with inquiries, but it sounds like they're close to having figured this out by now - and the rep also mentioned mid-January notification, which should be coming right up.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SPG Gold
Just received my re-qualifying email
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:15 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by harry5198
What did it say?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Ari
What did it say?
Same letter as cuse44
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Originally Posted by harry5198
Was that in response to an inquiry, or proactive on the part of UA?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by flyer215
Was that in response to an inquiry, or proactive on the part of UA?
I guess it must be in response to a verbal inquiry I made last week.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:51 am

Anyone else see a different status on their boarding pass? I get upgraded during the GS timeframe and the website shows the same, but my boarding pass shows 1K.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by transconsan
Anyone else see a different status on their boarding pass? I get upgraded during the GS timeframe and the website shows the same, but my boarding pass shows 1K.
CO Flight or UA Flight? I have never been able to get the CO Boarding Pass to say UA GS on it. Only UA 1K
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:17 am

These are for UA flights.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA GS
Were these flights for reservations made before you were GS? If so, call in and have your MP # re-entered and your BP will then show GS.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:15 pm

I was GS since beginning of last year. My BP last year showed GS, my last trip around the middle of Dec and this current one does not show GS only 1K.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I was GS since beginning of last year. My BP last year showed GS, my last trip around the middle of Dec and this current one does not show GS only 1K.
If UA metal flight, and on UA paper, then this is odd.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:43 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a GS passenger whose record had him as a 1K; I only found out because the GS desk balked at opening space for an upgrade on a flight saying they only do that for GS pax! Pulling the number out and putting it back in fixed the problem. Random technical glitch, I guess.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Do miles accrued while flying a UA flight number on CO equipment prior to the merger becoming official qualify towards the GS revenue meter?

I am planning to go to India in mid March and I could either fly UA to Frankfurt and then connect to Lufthansa. Or I could fly to EWR and connect to the direct UA flight (operated by CO). Which routing is best from a GS perspective?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.