Wiki Posts
Search

Premier access

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Premier access

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if any of you all had been to IAH lately and seen if the new premier access branding is up there yet?

Also, do any of you know when they plan to add star silver to premier access? Whenever my put my LH FTL number in, it just says star silver? I just check on the premier access page on continental:http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/default.aspx , and it says that "Star Alliance Gold AND Silver" are included. Anyone know when premier access will start to show up on boarding passes for*s as well as the "vip" designation on luggage?
Does this already happen on the ua side (i only fly with co)

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by iluvairlines; Dec 22, 2011 at 2:44 pm
Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by iluvairlines
Also, do any of you all know when stuff like boarding passes (that say premier access instead of elite access) will be aligned with CO/UA
I'd suspect that's about #2347 out of 2350 items that they still have to do for the merger.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Was just in IAH this weekend and it still says "Elite".
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Star silver should already get premier access, including priority check in & bags, i think. Even if they still call the line "elite access."

Unless you're trying to use the PMUA priority check in at YYZ (but that's for another thread).
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Star silver should already get premier access, including priority check in & bags, i think. Even if they still call the line "elite access."

Unless you're trying to use the PMUA priority check in at YYZ (but that's for another thread).
Yes in the past they have let me through, but my baggage sticker does not have the worse VIP on it. When it does, they put the priority tag on...
When o ask them to,however, they usually do
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

*Silver is not entitled to priority baggage handling per the star alliance benefits page.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
50% off on Premier Access line this holiday season

United is promoting this with front-page placement on united.com. Guess they need to make some money before years' end.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Baze
*Silver is not entitled to priority baggage handling per the star alliance benefits page.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/
Yes, but * Silver are specifically listed as entitled to Premier Access by United. http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53754,00.html. Perhaps this benefit isn't extended by other (or even most) * carriers, but UA/CO apparently does.

Believe * Silvers get this too through elite access on PMCO as well (but not on PMUA - where the priority baggage benefit - in the odd times where it works, was limited to *G).

Originally Posted by iluvairlines
Yes in the past they have let me through, but my baggage sticker does not have the worse VIP on it. When it does, they put the priority tag on...
When o ask them to,however, they usually do
By VIP, I'm assuming you mean the bright orange priority tags. I almost always watch the agents tag my bags when they check them - if they don't put the priority sticker on, I always make sure they remember before I leave the counter.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by emcampbe
By VIP, I'm assuming you mean the bright orange priority tags.
I believe what the OP was referring to by VIP was the actual printed "VIP" on the bag/claim tag. This is what lets the agent know to apply the orange tags. It shows up if you are eligible Elite/Premier Access
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
The people who buy premier access drive me up the wall. Flying out of ORD on a holiday it's enough to make you want to just turn around and go home. Makes a normally efficient line and turns it into a cluster****
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
The people who buy premier access drive me up the wall. Flying out of ORD on a holiday it's enough to make you want to just turn around and go home. Makes a normally efficient line and turns it into a cluster****
If someone wants to pay an extra $15 to get through security faster, all the power to them.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:05 pm

Location: "And I'm in Colorado, when I'm not in some hotel..."
Programs: UA Global Services, IHC Plantinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Elite
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Was just in IAH this weekend and it still says "Elite".
Just came through IAH a few hours ago after I missed my connection due to delays at MTY. There was only an "Elite Access" line. On a positive note - I used that line while my co-worker had to use the line reserved for the riff raff - he called later (While I was eating dinner and enjoying a martini at my hotel) to say he had finally gotten through the line
Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by entropy
If someone wants to pay an extra $15 to get through security faster, all the power to them.
Whether it is "faster" can be debatable.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iahkid2014
I believe what the OP was referring to by VIP was the actual printed "VIP" on the bag/claim tag. This is what lets the agent know to apply the orange tags. It shows up if you are eligible Elite/Premier Access
Yes, this was what I was referring to...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.