Community
Wiki Posts
Search

elite maximizer posting problems?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The option does not show up until the purchase is ticketed (co.com does not instant ticket like united.com does/did) , this can take up to a few hours after purchasing. Additionally you need to be using your OP account to credited that flight.
If you buy a ticket on United.com can you still get EQMs via the maximizer on CO.com?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:56 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ani90
If you buy a ticket on United.com can you still get EQMs via the maximizer on CO.com?
no
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: united
how many tickets can you book and then purchase elite maximizer miles...and then cancel?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tjpatte
how many tickets can you book and then purchase elite maximizer miles...and then cancel?
no known limit but the refunds can take a week or so, making you credit card record a little messy. Why do multiple purchases? Why not make just a single purchase?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
mine posted on Onepass but nothing has been reflected or updated on Mileage plus
Yeah, so mine ultimately posted with about 12 hours of purchasing, but it has been over a week now and hasn't merged yet with the United EQM.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: united
I am currently $14k short of premier exec status on united. what is the cheapest way possible to get this amount of miles? it seems as CO only offers 10k or 30k elite maximizer purchasing options

thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by tjpatte
I am currently $14k short of premier exec status on united. what is the cheapest way possible to get this amount of miles? it seems as CO only offers 10k or 30k elite maximizer purchasing options

thanks!
Elite maximizer while one way of making up the gap is not likely to be the cheapest way -- flying the BIS miles will still likely be cheaper. And Elite Maximizer is likely to get more expensive -- only 12 days left.

As for Elite Maximizer, it does sometimes max out at 10K EQMs, so it may take two purchases to do 14K EQMs.

A pertinent question is at (presently) $2.7K-$2.8K for 14K EQMs, is Premier Gold worth it? -- but that is you decision to make.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:21 am

So, if I see this should I be concerned? Do I have the EQM's or not?

12/17/2011 OnePass Reward Maximizer 1,438

12/17/2011 OnePass Elite Maximizer 0

Year to Date Elite Miles: 1,438

Year to Date Elite Points: 0

Lifetime Flight Miles: 1,438
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold
I'm about 700 miles short of making one pass silver elite status this year. First time in about 10 years that i won't have made some sort of elite status, let alone even silver!
This is the first i'm hearing of this onepass elite maximizer tool - sounds like a great way to buy EQMs without actually having to fly. And sounds perfect for me b/c i only need so few miles. Could someone please walk me through exactly how it works / how i should do it? Do all flights on co.com offer this option?

Wish i had known about this 2 weeks ago b/c I just flew EWR-CVG return trip and could have done this as part of that!!
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat / DL-Silver / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by nikleb
So, if I see this should I be concerned? Do I have the EQM's or not?

12/17/2011 OnePass Reward Maximizer 1,438

12/17/2011 OnePass Elite Maximizer 0

Year to Date Elite Miles: 1,438

Year to Date Elite Points: 0

Lifetime Flight Miles: 1,438
Well, like I said in my earlier post, you need to understand the columns/sections of the statement you're reading.

These are you RDMs:
  • 12/17/2011 OnePass Reward Maximizer 1,438
  • 12/17/2011 OnePass Elite Maximizer 0
You bought 1,438 RDMs and that's exactly what you got.
There's a 2nd (and confusing) posting that shows you upgraded your RDMs to EQM. But that's not another purchase of additional miles, it's an upgrade of the same miles. So zero RDMs on that transaction.
Thus RDMs shown here are (1,438 + 0) = 1,438

These are your EQMs:
  • Year to Date Elite Miles: 1,438
  • Year to Date Elite Points: 0
  • Lifetime Flight Miles: 1,438
IMHO, it's clear as day that your EQMs have posted.

While others are reporting different experiences, both this year and last my "Lifetime Flight Miles" increased almost right away. The "YTD Elite Miles" posted about a day later and finally the RDMs a couple of days later. The purchase seemed to directly drive the Lifetime miles. The purchase also seemed to drive the generation of a ticketing transaction (separate from the ticket purchased to be able to get to this offer). Also, if I remember correctly, the RDM and EQM purchases were treated ("ticketed") as 2 separate transactions, for a total of 3 "tickets". I do remember for sure that the RDM and EQM were 2 separate credit card transactions. The additional (delayed) postings are probably tied to these transactions.

Steve

Last edited by steve64; Dec 22, 2011 at 11:06 am
Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:30 am

Thanks. So I am concluding that I am good on the CO end.

UA did not "post" the EQM yet. I am hoping this will happen soon.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: UA Gold, 1MM, Hertz 5*
My CO EQM (Elite Maximizer) are not showing in my UAMP account but six SWU posted exactly one week after my last flight that put me over the combined 100'000 EQM mark. ^
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat / DL-Silver / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by nikleb
Thanks. So I am concluding that I am good on the CO end.

UA did not "post" the EQM yet. I am hoping this will happen soon.
Originally Posted by ZRH2SFO
My CO EQM (Elite Maximizer) are not showing in my UAMP account but six SWU posted exactly one week after my last flight that put me over the combined 100'000 EQM mark. ^
UA will not "post" the EQMs.
Behind the scenes, a separate program sweeps (once a week ??) and notes your combined EQM. It will upgrade your Elite status in both UA and CO when appropriate, but the 2 individual websites will not reflect the combined total miles... to the point of even telling you that you still have x miles to go to reach the next threshold, even you've already reached it. The websites should both reflect your new status after a week or so, even tho individually they don't "see" enough miles to qualify.
For this "combo sweep" to take place, you need to have linked your CO-OP and UA-MP accts.

Last edited by steve64; Dec 22, 2011 at 11:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.