UA201 ORD-HNL-GUM: 19m stop in HNL???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA/CO Silver, MR Silver, Hyatt Silver, Starwood Silver
UA201 ORD-HNL-GUM: 19m stop in HNL???

Hi all-

Wanted to run this by your expert sniff-tests:

I am booked on a long itinerary ATL-ORD-HNL-GUM-ROR in March 2012. I recieved a flight notification that my itinerary has been changed. I see UA 201 which operates Chicago-Guam with a Honolulu stopover is now scheduled to stop-over for only 19 minutes? Is this even possible?

I called to change my flights to re-route via IAH, but the agent said its the same aircraft from O'Hare so no need to change.

Leg 1 - United Airlines 201
Departure Chicago (O'Hare), IL (ORD)
Departure Time 09:50
Arrival Honolulu, HI (HNL)
Arrival Time 14:06
Aircraft Type Boeing 777
Meal Food for Purchase
Distance 4242mi / 6787km
Duration 9h16m
Operated By United Airlines

Leg 2 - United Airlines 201
Departure Honolulu, HI (HNL)
Departure Time 14:25
Arrival Guam, Guam (GUM)
Arrival Time 18:05+1
Aircraft Type Boeing 777
Meal Lunch, Snack
Distance 3800mi / 6080km
Duration 7h40m
Operated By United Airlines

Thanks,
UVaFlyer
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is definitely the same plane. Any chance this flight is around the weekend of DST change? Might just be a quirk with the timetable because of that. Or that they haven't adjusted the timing of the other half of UA 201 yet. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by sbm12
It is definitely the same plane. Any chance this flight is around the weekend of DST change? Might just be a quirk with the timetable because of that. Or that they haven't adjusted the timing of the other half of UA 201 yet. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
+1. Did you book it on Continental.com or UA.com? I've noticed the times on Continental.com can be off for those Guam flights.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:31 am

Wrong. ORD-HNL-GUM is not same plane. ORD-HNL becomes the HNL-SFO plane and SFO-HNL becomes the HNL-GUM plane. It's GUM-HNL-ORD tht uses the same plane. As for tht schedule it's jus a glitch. No way the flight can arrive at 206p and leave at 225p.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
Maybe CO hired an Indy pit crew as the new ground staff?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Wrong. ORD-HNL-GUM is not same plane.
MissKok flew this route in mid-Nov, it was not the same plane either. ORD-HNL parked at the gate next to where HNL-GUM was boarding.

As for GUM-HNL-ORD, she was booked on this (actually MNL-ORD via GUM/HNL), but one of the segments got canceled so UA re-routed her the next morning MNL-NRT (on NH) then NRT-ORD (on UA). She would have booked it that way originally, but the fare difference was over $500.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
No DST in Hawaii but it could be that they haven't updated the rest of the schedule yet. I'm with SBM12 in thinking that UA will adjust the flights to create a viable connection.

Which flight changed?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:14 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Wrong. ORD-HNL-GUM is not same plane. ORD-HNL becomes the HNL-SFO plane and SFO-HNL becomes the HNL-GUM plane. It's GUM-HNL-ORD tht uses the same plane. As for tht schedule it's jus a glitch. No way the flight can arrive at 206p and leave at 225p.

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
MissKok flew this route in mid-Nov, it was not the same plane either. ORD-HNL parked at the gate next to where HNL-GUM was boarding.

As for GUM-HNL-ORD, she was booked on this (actually MNL-ORD via GUM/HNL), but one of the segments got canceled so UA re-routed her the next morning MNL-NRT (on NH) then NRT-ORD (on UA). She would have booked it that way originally, but the fare difference was over $500.

Both of you are correct. I just flew this flight to GUM from ORD, and the flight into HNL parked at Gate 8 and the flight out of HNL parked at Gate 9.

To the OP.

You might want to think twice before booking this flight. Be aware that this flight has been operating with DOMESTIC 777 (XC) since November, and think about some implications of this change. Also, don't forget that this flight is westbound which comes with headwind that adds flight time.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by N227UA
Both of you are correct. I just flew this flight to GUM from ORD, and the flight into HNL parked at Gate 8 and the flight out of HNL parked at Gate 9.

To the OP.

You might want to think twice before booking this flight. Be aware that this flight has been operating with DOMESTIC 777 (XC) since November, and think about some implications of this change. Also, don't forget that this flight is westbound which comes with headwind that adds flight time.
It's possible they're changing it up by the time the OP flies in March and the system reflects that it will be the same aircraft. Of course, it's also possible that the agent misread the screen.

OP, at the very least, call again. Call a couple of times, if it makes you feel better. Point out that they are different aircraft currently and to confirm that the March flights are, indeed, scheduled to be on the same plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.