Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone booked LH F awards recently?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:15 pm

Booked 2x F DTW-FRA-BLR at T-14 for the FRA-BLR segment. Both flights were F7.

Someone nabbed one of the 2 available F seats on my preferred ex-US routing to FRA while I was waiting on FRA-BLR to open up, so old F from DTW for me it is.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:37 pm
KCW

Does anybody know how quickly award ticket bookings "update" on the Lufthansa side?

I was originally booked in LH biz and today noticed space opening up in first. I called the gS line and they made the switch for me and it was ticketed and confirmed on the united side. However on lufthansa, it still says I am in biz. Does it sometimes take overnight to process? Thank you!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:56 am

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by KCW
Does anybody know how quickly award ticket bookings "update" on the Lufthansa side?

I was originally booked in LH biz and today noticed space opening up in first. I called the gS line and they made the switch for me and it was ticketed and confirmed on the united side. However on lufthansa, it still says I am in biz. Does it sometimes take overnight to process? Thank you!
I'd call United and ask them to sync the PNRs. That seems to fix many problems (but the ticket number often doesn't change on the LH side). Their systems don't like to cooperate it seems. However, I've never had the I/O thing happen and something sounds fishy. Good luck!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Glob, AA 1MM. Former UA 1K, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by SFO777
+1
seaflyguy's flight was likely a victim of that. The night before his SEA-FRA flight, C was still showing avails but Y was 0 across the board and the seat map showed all Y seats had been selected.
I didn't look back in the Y cabin and so don't know how full it was; I'll assume the seat map was correct and it was sold out. But we flew with a number of empty seats in C (I can't remember how many but it was at least 6-7) and with 6 seats empty in F. We had excellent service in C but it was still LH C, which is a definite step down from LH F in both the hard and soft product. A bit disappointing but we made it through.

I pleaded my case at the check-in desk, and they replied that if I happened to have any paper upgrade vouchers with me from UA, they could use those to bump us up to F. Of course UA can't print those at the airport, but even then it didn't make any sense -- use upgrade vouchers to upgrade an award ticket from C to F? Can that be done?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:10 pm
KCW

Originally Posted by arcticbull
I'd call United and ask them to sync the PNRs. That seems to fix many problems (but the ticket number often doesn't change on the LH side). Their systems don't like to cooperate it seems. However, I've never had the I/O thing happen and something sounds fishy. Good luck!

Thank you - now we are wait listed in First according to Lufthansa (while still confirmed in biz) whereas on United we are still confirmed in First, and now another random phantom Lufthansa flight has appeared on our itinerary for no reason (totally different flight number, etc from what we booked, just showing up as an additional fight on our itinerary). Points were already taken out for the biz - first upgrade. Have no idea what is going on and hope that United can resolve this for us.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by seaflyguy
I didn't look back in the Y cabin and so don't know how full it was; I'll assume the seat map was correct and it was sold out. But we flew with a number of empty seats in C (I can't remember how many but it was at least 6-7) and with 6 seats empty in F. We had excellent service in C but it was still LH C, which is a definite step down from LH F in both the hard and soft product. A bit disappointing but we made it through.

I pleaded my case at the check-in desk, and they replied that if I happened to have any paper upgrade vouchers with me from UA, they could use those to bump us up to F. Of course UA can't print those at the airport, but even then it didn't make any sense -- use upgrade vouchers to upgrade an award ticket from C to F? Can that be done?
No not really possible, but I guess they could do whatever like at that given moment. Typically though LH is pretty strict with rules and award bookings are not upgradable with a paper cert.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Does the 7 day out rule apply only to First or Business as well? Looking at some flights 10-11 months out and there appear to be any LH availibility at all.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver
How does seat selection work when booking award tickets on the UA site? Right now one of the segments I am looking at is

3/16/12
MUC-CLT
F class
A330-300

But I can't see available seats. Do I have to book and then go to the LH site to select a seat?

Also, does anyone know if this would have the new F cabin? Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by nosey313
How does seat selection work when booking award tickets on the UA site? Right now one of the segments I am looking at is

3/16/12
MUC-CLT
F class
A330-300

But I can't see available seats. Do I have to book and then go to the LH site to select a seat?

Also, does anyone know if this would have the new F cabin? Thanks!
After you book on the UA website, you'll use your LH PNR to select seats on lufthansa.com. I believe most of the A333s based in MUC have the new F.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by sannmann
After you book on the UA website, you'll use your LH PNR to select seats on lufthansa.com. I believe most of the A333s based in MUC have the new F.
Thank you!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:59 pm

According to the LH forum all MUC based A330s now have new first
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
As expected, LH F opened up T-14 for FRA-MCO. Flight is currently F8.

I am flying the flight a few days later, and that flight is also F8.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
As expected, LH F opened up T-14 for FRA-MCO. Flight is currently F8.

I am flying the flight a few days later, and that flight is also F8.
I just saw this. I'm flying 10JAN and it would be great other than the fact that MCO gets in so late it won't connect to anything to the west coast. Only option would be to overnite which I want to avoid.

Hoping something else exFRA or MUC opens up. Hopefully I will be able to Skype UA res in Thailand. Basically have until tom to see if 2F LH awards open up to anywhere to the US that then allows a cnx to SAN/LAX etc
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plt, Hyatt Plt, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold.
Quick question for you *A experts. We are in VIE right now and return home on the 3rd VIE - FRA - DFW. It's a round trip award travel in biz. The FRA - DFW is on LH 438 and the award was booked through United. Anyway to upgrade to first on the way home? It would have to be a paid upgrade as I exhausted my miles for this trip and I have no status on united or Lufthansa. Just though it would be a nice treat if available. I'd spend countless hours researching it myself except 1) I'm on my cell and 2) I'm in VIE and this place is beautiful.

Thanks all. Happy New Year!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Looks like FRADTW opened up which would cnx to west coast. Only trade off is old F on LH 333 or as it is now UA F on 744 to SFO.

Maybe things are just starting to open at the 11+ day mark and I should just be patient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.