Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA MileagePlus 2012 Changes Dissected

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Lots of inaccuracies in this silly video.
We can only wish that there were a lot of inaccuracies in it.....
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 2P
I just read through the changes, the biggest to me (as a premier) is that premiers can no longer book economy plus seats in advance. This to me is a total deal-killer for my past loyalty to United. If I have to book regular coach seats then hope I get a EP seat at the gate, I really have no incentive to keep flying with United.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: United, Hilton, National, Hertz
Originally Posted by imref
I just read through the changes, the biggest to me (as a premier) is that premiers can no longer book economy plus seats in advance. This to me is a total deal-killer for my past loyalty to United. If I have to book regular coach seats then hope I get a EP seat at the gate, I really have no incentive to keep flying with United.
Huge +1. My business travel is spread to 3 different airlines with the priority being United when possible. This spread only allows me to hit Premier (Premier Silver.) Now that they're taking away EP seats at booking, I'm walking away from UA in 2012. This change is uber lame. They're treating EP seats like an upgrade.

I guess Delta and Frontier will be getting the majority of my company's money in 2012.

ETA-A quick check looks like $ spent on United in 2011 has been about $15K-$20K. I know, I know, I'm just small potatoes in the eyes of UA.

Updated changes for 2012http://mileageplusmergerupdates.com/...w?cid=&tier=2P

I posted a comment on the UA Elite Facebook page located at http://www.facebook.com/UnitedElite#!/UnitedElite

My comment read, "Boo to the updated 2012 Mileage Plus Program. Economy Plus seats only available to Premier Silver at time of check in??? Looks like I'll be spending my company's money on a different airline in 2012. See you later UA!"

It was deleted a minute later. IDK why they would delete it....They're not even affiliated with UA.

ETA-Everyone (well, just us measly Premier Silver's) is commenting on United's FB page. I recommend you comment if you're upset. http://www.facebook.com/UnitedElite#!/unitedairlines

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 26, 2011 at 2:23 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: United, Hilton, National, Hertz
Question

So if I hit Premier in 2011, this means that I'll be "Premier Silver" for all of 2012? Meaning I'm downgraded to these new changes for 2012 even though I earned my Premier status expecting the previous rules?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jimmc66
Comments like these always give me a laugh. The days of "trophy flying" empty planes to a destination are long since over. I fail to see any difference - same seat, same speed, same everything except one less aisle.
Wrong on everything besides the one aisle v. 2.

Perhaps they should CRJ SGN and SIN? Would you welcome this?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by d_striker
So if I hit Premier in 2011, this means that I'll be "Premier Silver" for all of 2012? Meaning I'm downgraded to these new changes for 2012 even though I earned my Premier status expecting the previous rules?
Yep. Changes take place "late in the first quarter 2012." So you get 2.5-3 months of the old benefits, then get screwed.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:45 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by penner42
Yep. Changes take place "late in the first quarter 2012." So you get 2.5-3 months of the old benefits, then get screwed.
I keep asking this question but still haven't gotten an answer. What happens in the interim 2.5-3 months if I hit 75K EQM by YE 2011 but not 100K, and my primary program is UA MP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.