Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Do we actually know (officially) that UA will not in the future be providing the 2 CR1s per year we currently receive and were promised we would receive for life?
Those were never promised for life on the MM page, only the 1P status was.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Those were never promised for life on the MM page, only the 1P status was.
The exact verbiage was "Two (2) Regional Upgrades at the end of every year." I saved a screen shot on Oct 9, which can be downloaded the document here.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by LarryU
The exact verbiage was "Two (2) Regional Upgrades at the end of every year." I saved a screen shot on Oct 9, which can be downloaded the document here.
Exactly. I don't interpret "at the end of every year" as "for life".

Regardless, the MP rules state that any privilege can be revoked at any time.

I don't expect UA to change their stance on this one - as mentioned previously, there's too small of an affected group and the benefit being removed is not something most people would care about (e.g. if I read a news story about it, and I wasn't a frequent flyer, why would I care that some lout no longer gets free first class upgrades?).

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
For those keeping track of the progress of the dual contradictory postings concerning million-mile status on united.com, here is the latest status concerning the contradictory answers that were still available to be viewed last week.

What will happen to my Million Mile Program lifetime status and Continental Infinite Elite status benefits?

Will I continue to receive them in the future?

As a Million Miler, will I continue to receive 2 Regional Upgrades for life?

What are lifetime United flight miles?

These questions are still on united.com - here is the link to the questions -

https://www.united.com/cgi-bin/texis...pr=siteprofile

The funny part is, the answers were removed in stages. The answer about the two Regional upgrades was removed earlier this week, while the answer to the first question - “What will happen to my Million Mile Program lifetime status and Continental Infinite Elite status benefits got removed today.”

Some might call that progress while others would call it something else.
I call it this thread doing a favor for UA by pointing out all of the places where they need to make site changes - saves them from paying someone to search their site. Ironic in a way that you're working for free for them, no?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Exactly. I don't interpret "at the end of every year" as "for life".
I do interpret "every" as meaning "for life" but I guess it all depends on one's definition of the word "every."
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:59 pm

I do interpret "every" as meaning "for life" but I guess it all depends on one's definition of the word "every."
I guess I interpreted it as "every until we change it"... sorta like most every other policy UA has.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 2:51 pm

Hi LarryU,

Most reasonable persons who interpret "at the end of every year" to mean for life.

If it said "at the end of the year" it would be reasonable to interpret the announcement as possibly not a lifetime benefit. However, inclusion of the word "every" leads a reasonable interpretation of "for life."
-
Old Oct 15, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.3M Lifetime, Mariott Plat for life
Originally Posted by mogulskiir
First replace the one time gifts at 1MM, 2MM, 3MM with the spouse status, NOT the annual RPU's that were promised for life. You kept the United Club access for 2MM, why not keep the RPU’s for 1MM. Both were promised for life.
I've been following this thread but have not seen any indication that UA has reinstated lifetime membership at 2M miles. Confirmation, anyone? dave
Old Oct 15, 2011, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by dasams
I've been following this thread but have not seen any indication that UA has reinstated lifetime membership at 2M miles. Confirmation, anyone? dave
Not reinstated, grandfathered for those that already have it
Old Oct 15, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2.2MM, AA nobody, IHG Gold, HH Silver
They haven't - but people who are already 2MM or will be by the end of this year get to keep the lifetime United Club membership. After that no new 2MM will get it.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
The exact verbiage was "Two (2) Regional Upgrades at the end of every year."
Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
Most reasonable persons who interpret "at the end of every year" to mean for life.

If it said "at the end of the year" it would be reasonable to interpret the announcement as possibly not a lifetime benefit. However, inclusion of the word "every" leads a reasonable interpretation of "for life."
IMO context is important. This FAQ, until its recent disappearance, was displayed in the site's Customer Service section under the sub-heading of frequently asked questions about the merger.

I interpret it as a commitment by UA to reassure current UA Million Milers that they will continue to receive two Regional Upgrades at the end of every year.

I infer that UA agrees with that interpretation by the very fact that it was suddenly removed after it was brought to their attention. YMMV

Since UA "grandfathered" RCC membership for current Two Million Milers, I have hope that UA eventually will consider it to be the best outcome to "grandfather" this benefit for current UA Million Milers as well.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.3M Lifetime, Mariott Plat for life
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Not reinstated, grandfathered for those that already have it
Originally Posted by OtleyFlyer
They haven't - but people who are already 2MM or will be by the end of this year get to keep the lifetime United Club membership. After that no new 2MM will get it.
That's what I thought. However, as someone with 1.75M bis miles, I'm PO'ed. And yes, I've started the letter writing campaign asking politely "how can a company offer a customer goods in exchange for multiple purchases and then withdraw the offer when the customer is 85% of the way there?"

Doesn't seem right, dave
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:09 pm

That's what I thought. However, as someone with 1.75M bis miles, I'm PO'ed. And yes, I've started the letter writing campaign asking politely "how can a company offer a customer goods in exchange for multiple purchases and then withdraw the offer when the customer is 85% of the way there?"

Doesn't seem right, dave
I agree, it doesn't seem right. But, what can you do about it at the present time?

Many of us have written to United about the million-mile program and another matter where United has not honored its commitment.

Many of us have written to United on multiple occasions. Most of our letters were answered by employees who obviously had not read our letters (based on answers they gave) or were answered with an error. Some of our letters were ignored although they were directed to specific individuals.

Most companies have management that cares about the loyalty of customers. Apparently, in the matter of United, we have a different situation.
-
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
UA might give lifetime United Club loung membership to all current PMUA 1MMers as well to solve all these complains.
Lifetime MMers have Star Gold status and lounge access internationally anyways. Giving access to additional domestic lounge to PMUA 1MMers shouldn't hurt UA that much...

I still think spousal and S/O benefit is unfair for many MMers, though.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 9:05 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
UA might give lifetime United Club loung membership to all current PMUA 1MMers as well to solve all these complains.
Lifetime MMers have Star Gold status and lounge access internationally anyways. Giving access to additional domestic lounge to PMUA 1MMers shouldn't hurt UA that much...

I still think spousal and S/O benefit is unfair for many MMers, though.
Bolding mine:. Agreed-as out of all the changes, perks and other assorted enhancements coming down the road, this one simply isn't "fare" to those of us who are single and I hope this one will be "re-looked at".
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Originally Posted by goalie
Bolding mine:. Agreed-as out of all the changes, perks and other assorted enhancements coming down the road, this one simply isn't "fare" to those of us who are single and I hope this one will be "re-looked at".
What you've never had you'll never miss.

Personally, I think this "enhancement" is the best (and perhaps the only worthwhile) thing that Smisek has done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.