Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
You can cherry-pick examples all you want....

The fact remains, on the topic under discussion on this thread, the change in UA/CO MM benefits is a total screwover for single people.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:23 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I am correct in thinking it may be time to start using CO and UA credit cards heavily to boost to the next MM level?
Only if they earn EQM.

This is NOT like AA where all miles count toward status.

The major beneficiaries of the one time EQM adjustment will be those who have flown on non-UA metal but put the miles toward MP, those who participated in DEQM programs and those who flew paid premium cabins a lot.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
You can cherry-pick examples all you want....

The fact remains, on the topic under discussion on this thread, the change in UA/CO MM benefits is a total screwover for single people.
I don't see it that way - I look at it as a potential future benefit.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:24 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I belive that the CO definition of Significant Other to whom you can confer your status on is that that person must have the same mailing address.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Now I really do wish I'd kept a spreadsheet of my annual EQM totals. This won't get me anywhere close to 1MM, but it may make the remaining distance seem... well, less unimaginably vast and more like something I might hit before I retire.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Arrow The key takeaway of this thread, with slight modification:

Originally Posted by Erasmus
Key takeaway: everybody . . . should sprint to [the next] line. . .
. . .in Q4 2011 for all the above reasons!!!!!

UACO have maxed the incentive for doing this. Smart members will devote all their travel to UA, and then MR right and left. Smart business move(s) on UACO's part.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I do not see future earning to be BIS, but rather flight miles... essentially EQM from flying *A not including COS or promotional EQM.
Based on the information on the Merger Update website, earning will be BIS only on UA, CO, or Copa.

How to earn Million Miler lifetime status.

Starting January 1, 2012, flight miles on the new United (including Continental), Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia will accrue toward Million Miler status. Until that time, MileagePlus and OnePass members will continue to earn toward status and benefits in their respective programs.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
credit card

Originally Posted by freeflyin
I am correct in thinking it may be time to start using CO and UA credit cards heavily to boost to the next MM level?
the credit card EQMS were only the EQMS right, not simply the spend? So, the bonuses like with the UA MP Platinum card, EQM for purchased tickets on ual.com, annual 5000 bonus if spend over 35K$? If it is ACTUAL spend, well then heck, I'm 2MM easy.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I don't see it that way - I look at it as a potential future benefit.
I agree, to a certain extent. However, my one sticking point of the CO MM program was that single people are discriminated against. Sure, that could change next month or next year, or in 5 years, but "gifting" equivalent status is a huge benefit which is not permitted for single people, who earned the benefit just as much as anybody with a spouse or a live-in SO.

I really wish that UA would allow all million milers to designate one person to "gift" their equivalent status to, and not stipulate that the giftee's mailing address must be the same.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Just to understand the 1 time calibration.

I currently have about 1.43 million UA lifetime miles. Going back to 2004 (I don't think there was any COS bonus or DEQM before that anyway) I calculate about 370K EQM miles that are not part of this total. So I add those together, giving me 1.8 million UA liftime miles. I then have only about 15K CO miles, so the grand total will be 1,815,000 for the new program. So I'll be at the 1MM level, but I only need to earn 185,000 BIS miles going forward to move up to the 2MM level.

Correct?

I'm hoping that there are/were hidden EQMs that I'm not aware about and my 370K is on the low side. It would really be nice to be 2MM level as I think the 2MM level is excellent!! The only difference I see between that and 3MM is slight upgrade priority and 25% RDM bonus. I don't fly as much as I used to so that would not be a big deal. I can just buy the RDMs if I need them.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by DCA writer
Now I really do wish I'd kept a spreadsheet of my annual EQM totals...
Unfortunately, for extreme travelers, if they haven't done it from jump, it's well-nigh impossible. Not even the grand compilation that many of us ordered/received has this broken out.

BUT, if UACO thinks it can, then there's every good reason for them to have and provide this to MP members ASAP, because it's a huge business driver. Win for them and for us.

SO, Mr. O'Leary, does UACO have this information already, or can you tell us how soon we can ask, and how? Thank you.

If UACO keeps plucking this string loudly, I suggest that they might not even have to run any more promos, this year.

(My problem is, I'm insecure about my 2MM status, because I don't know how I reached it.)

Last edited by Firewind; Sep 21, 2011 at 9:50 am
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
+1 to that - I was expecting a diminished 1MM Silver benefit in a few years when I hit it. May take a bit longer now due to not being calculated by EQM (and having to again return to UA/CO metal only ), but I'm quite fine with that, as I know the long-term payoff will be much better.

And as I've said for awhile - they're adding back in an incentive to fly the airline, not just credit to it!!!
I want to be sure I understand the lifetime benefits here, as someone within 30K of my first MM on United (the old UA).

First, I am very excited about the spouse/partner benefit! This will make flying with my primary travel partner less painful.

Questions: I've been avoiding CO-operated flights, at some additional expense and annoyance, in order to try to hit 1MM this year (I had assumed the program would be much worse in 2012, not better!) If I'm reading this right, I no longer need to worry about flying on Continental-operated flights for the rest of the year, because early next year, all EQMs credited to UA will count. Is this correct?

Will "Premier Gold" still be *G (thereby earning lifetime lounge access for me and a partner on international trips)?

Will 2MM still give lifetime RCC/United Club access? (I'm thinking ahead...)
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:46 am

What exactly will the bonus bump for lifetime status be made up of? Just credit card spending and class of service? Or will those past DEQMs count? What about the status bonus miles earned? (can you tell I'm somewhat close???)
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG
In terms of seating priority, is there a difference b/w a MM who earns the lifetime 1k (even if they didn't get it for this year), the gifted spouse/SO 1k, and someone who BIS'd a 1k for that year?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by SF1K
Just to understand the 1 time calibration.

I currently have about 1.43 million UA lifetime miles. Going back to 2004 (I don't think there was any COS bonus or DEQM before that anyway)
I think one would have to go back further in time, to compare it to CO over the same time frame. so, if CO had COS bonuses and such further back then the combined total would HAVE to offer the same COS bonus. I did a LOT of FF Y, C, D, F, Z back in the 80's and 90's, and I think they would have to add to the new combined total.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.