Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combine Elite activity - how long delay?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:06 am
cbg
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k
Combine Elite activity - how long delay?

I was invited to combine my elite activity a few weeks back (CO Plat sitting on 100k at the moment, MP status just "member") and went to the website but got an error (SM501 - call to fix verbage). I called and after 15 minutes or so they said they got it fixed. A bit over a week later MP still just member so I called again, again after 5-10 minutes they said the think they fixed it. A week later still Member but if I try the website again it says they are combined (this is different than linked btw).

My question is for anyone who has done this - how long did it take for your elite levels to synch up?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

As I went up the latter on CO, UA matched me to 2P when I hit 25k 3 days after, and 1P at 50k 2 days after. The UA side at least is quick with this. When i hit 100k it will be combined activity between the two and hopefully I will be matched to 1K at the same pace
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by cbg
I was invited to combine my elite activity a few weeks back (CO Plat sitting on 100k at the moment, MP status just "member") and went to the website but got an error (SM501 - call to fix verbage). I called and after 15 minutes or so they said they got it fixed. A bit over a week later MP still just member so I called again, again after 5-10 minutes they said the think they fixed it. A week later still Member but if I try the website again it says they are combined (this is different than linked btw).

My question is for anyone who has done this - how long did it take for your elite levels to synch up?
On average 7-10 days. Once, on the CO side, it took me 14 days. As one the previous poster said -- it seems that the UA side is pretty quick to update though.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, TG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
My took 11 days
Old Sep 17, 2011, 4:40 am

Mine took a week, or 5 business days. However, I had my Premier Exec with United, and did the status match for Continental.

Sitting at 76K miles, for a week, and still waiting on the bump up to Continental Platinum status. CO/UA customer Elite desk says up to 2 weeks to sync.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
I'm at 78K combined miles and still no dice, been waiting for CO Plat for 3 weeks now. The folks in the SFO RCC CO CS desk agent had no clue and told me that stat wouldn't update for combined activity till next year. So much for being in the know. I will likely hit 1K before the end of the year but it sucks flying on CO metal and being way down in the queue for upgrades, when I already have the status.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by alaroia
I'm at 78K combined miles and still no dice, been waiting for CO Plat for 3 weeks now. The folks in the SFO RCC CO CS desk agent had no clue and told me that stat wouldn't update for combined activity till next year. So much for being in the know. I will likely hit 1K before the end of the year but it sucks flying on CO metal and being way down in the queue for upgrades, when I already have the status.
You might want to call the integration team @ CO. You should be bumped up to Plat.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
I crossed the 50K threshold (46K UA, 4K CO) last week, and have yet to see my status update. Am I correct to assume that I should see my status update on both programs in the next few days?

Also, will my status be updated on future reservations I've already booked, or will I have to call and have my FFN reentered?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
I crossed the 50K threshold (46K UA, 4K CO) last week, and have yet to see my status update. Am I correct to assume that I should see my status update on both programs in the next few days?

Also, will my status be updated on future reservations I've already booked, or will I have to call and have my FFN reentered?
It should be updated soon -- give a week more (usually around the 9-10 day mark).

Not sure about UA, but CO status should update automatically. I've had to re-enter my MP for my CO booked (and mixed itn) flights if I used my MP number though.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, MR Plat Prem, HH Diamond
Anyone know the phone # of the integration team?

As of yesterday morning I'm at 118 EQS with UA and 2.5 EQS with CO. That ought to be enough to get me 1K. I fly back home Thursday, it would be nice to see "1K" on the BP when I leave!

Gives me 2/3 of zero chance of an upgrade - still, that's up from 1/10 of zero ....

Anyone know the phone number to call the integration team?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
I crossed 90 segments between UA and CO. About 4 days later i had 2 regional upgrades and a day later my Plat Status on CO.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
I don't think that the answer is that it takes an X number of days, but rather that there are "sweeps" that combine eqm and update status on specified days of the week. So if you're lucky, you might end up getting everything updated in a few days, but if you get caught on the wrong side of a sweep, you might be looking 1-2 weeks before everything goes through.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Antipode
I don't think that the answer is that it takes an X number of days, but rather that there are "sweeps" that combine eqm and update status on specified days of the week. So if you're lucky, you might end up getting everything updated in a few days, but if you get caught on the wrong side of a sweep, you might be looking 1-2 weeks before everything goes through.
This is true -- seems like one day of the week is the background calculation, one day of the week is to update UA, and one day of the week is to update CO status, (and one day of the week to deposit RU and SWU as I got my RU before the proper status).

Amazes me when we live in a day where communication is (almost) required to me instant but it takes two different systems to add/update numbers for 2 weeks (which is still faster than getting a CO e-mail response).

UACO needs to invest more in the technological front-end. UACO's smartphone apps are a start ... but just a start.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:45 pm

Anyone know the phone number to call the integration team?

Bumped... I'm stuck in the same boat... my account still has not been linked, status matched.

Is there anyone from UA i can call. My primary account is CO and want my newly UA account status matched.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by langjaiken
Bumped... I'm stuck in the same boat... my account still has not been linked, status matched.

Is there anyone from UA i can call. My primary account is CO and want my newly UA account status matched.
No public telephone number for Integration Team -- just call and ask the agent to connect you. You may be on hold for a bit but once you reach the Integration Team/Desk they are very proficient IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.