Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated Booze Selection

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I am confused....
Does UA give free drinks in Y international (flights to NRT and BKK) or am I going to be handing over the plastic?
Old Sep 3, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by DavidYYC
I am confused....
Does UA give free drinks in Y international (flights to NRT and BKK) or am I going to be handing over the plastic?
Free Drinks!
Old Sep 3, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
Finlandia > Absolut > Skyy in this vodka drinker's opinion.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 2:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I guess my lobbying for TRUMP vodka went unnoticed. It IS the the best "Ultra Premium Vodka on the Market" - according to trump at least.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by usa18dca
I agree with you on Johnny Walker although I'd like Blue for Intl F.
Fly BA -they have it in the lounge and on-board.

Mmmmm, Blue.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by channa
I think it was Skyy (CO) and Finlandia (UA). Absolut is a definite upgrade from Skyy and a minor upgrade from Finlandia in my book.
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
Yes it was Skyy/Finlandia. Absolut is an improvement. I'd like to see some better whisky/scotch - at least Johnny Walker Black for international and Red for domestic.
You are both entitled to your opinions, but I prefer Finlandia, and then Skyy slightly over Absolut. Finlandia is much better IMO, and while I didn't realize UA had that, I retroactively wish that had been carried over

I would definitely like to see an improvement on the scotch offerings, particularly some Johnnys, though not Red. While Blue is great, more realistically, it'd be nice to see Black/Green for domestic/international. Also would like Glens. I see that they have Glenlivet, but is it always available?

Also nice that they no longer charge for anything in F. I noticed that also in the August Hemispheres, where I saw they no longer advertise Stirrings. I did notice Margarita, but not Mai Tai.

Finally, from a purely selfish perspective, they carry Kosher wine on the TLV route, but only red, and would like to see white. Just flew on Monday night, and more than half the BF cabin had KSML, so having more wine options seems to make sense. Now I understand them not having it on other routes, but perhaps carry 1 or 2 bottles if a KSML has been ordered. Likeliness of that happening? Not too likely. But would still be nice
Old Sep 3, 2011, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
That's a good point. Not many microbreweries put their stuff in cans, and now that the big guys are buying them up, it seems like a less likely proposition.
21st Amendment
Oskar Blues

As for the bourbon debate I agree with Maker's Mark. But I just came back from Bourbon Trail, and Evan Williams smoked them all, while Woodford
Reserve offered the absolute worst tasting and tour experience of all of them.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
As for the bourbon debate I agree with Maker's Mark. But I just came back from Bourbon Trail, and Evan Williams smoked them all, while Woodford
Reserve offered the absolute worst tasting and tour experience of all of them.
I'm a bourbon drinker for the most part. I'd prefer the ones that start with a B. Booker's, Baker's, Blanton's, Basil Hayden's. For the mid-level choices, I'd chose Maker's, Knob, or even Wild Turkey. After that, anything's a toss up with my good buddy Jack.

Originally Posted by nevansm
I guess my lobbying for TRUMP vodka went unnoticed. It IS the the best "Ultra Premium Vodka on the Market" - according to trump at least.
Can you even get this stuff? I'm having a hard time picturing the Donald making miniatures of anything.

Maybe the little bottle could have a cheesy blond label wrapped around the neck once and then over the cap.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by usa18dca
I agree with you on Johnny Walker although I'd like Blue for Intl F.
You said it! Blue mixes really well with diet sprite.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by ScatterX
You said it! Blue mixes really well with diet sprite.
Not as good as a 2008 Montrachet! But I prefer reds so go for a 1994 Ch. Margaux and Pepsi...

But seriously a peaty single malt and barrel batch bourbon would sure be welcome on international C and F.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WIRunner
Guess I am the only Goose fan out there.
Not at all. I love Grey Goose. I don't care for Ketel One at all. Stoli is good, so is Finlandia. I don't hate Absolut, but I prefer the Goose.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Not as good as a 2008 Montrachet! But I prefer reds so go for a 1994 Ch. Margaux and Pepsi...

But seriously a peaty single malt and barrel batch bourbon would sure be welcome on international C and F.
I'll have to try the Margaux-Pepsi blend some time (on somebody else's dime for sure).

Seriously, why can't they provide a decent single barrel in at least TATL/TPAC F. It's not like handing out bars of gold.

Originally Posted by WIRunner
Guess I am the only Goose fan out there.
Originally Posted by PTravel
Not at all. I love Grey Goose. I don't care for Ketel One at all. Stoli is good, so is Finlandia. I don't hate Absolut, but I prefer the Goose.
+1 for the goose. I think I really liked Vox as well, but it's been a looooong time.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't CO flex its Texas roots and get us Tito's vodka?
Old Sep 3, 2011, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Jorgen
So buying cheap booze to sell at a $6-a-shot profit rather than slightly better booze to sell at a $5.70-a-shot profit it really a false economy.
Their profit is actually a bit higher than your estimate.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Exec
Originally Posted by danville 1K
Clearly this is a case of not being able to please all the people all the time. Or perhaps in this case not being able to please any of the people any of the time

I'm sure Mr. $misek will be flooded with e-mails.
+a bunch for this one. Exactly what I was thinking, but better phrased.

I happen to like regular Bombay myself; so Bombay Sapphire is fine with me for Gin. Mostly I am a beer drinker, and cold Heineken will get the job done. It would be nice if it is cold, where I think I am running 50/50 on beer on the airplane being cold this year...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.