Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by soliloquist
Recording phone conversations without notifying both parties is illegal and cannot be used as evidence. Just save the e-mail confirming registration or send them an e-mail asking whether you're registered or not.
It's not illegal if it's only used for yourself, but yah it cannot be used as evidence unless you notify them. So, as you are getting the guy saying YES YOU ARE REGISTERED, just say, oh btw I am recording this to make sure for later. Now it's done.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
It's not illegal if it's only used for yourself, but yah it cannot be used as evidence unless you notify them. So, as you are getting the guy saying YES YOU ARE REGISTERED, just say, oh btw I am recording this to make sure for later. Now it's done.
Warning: This varies state-by-state.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: Co-branded credit card status moocher
I'm not going quite as all-in as some people here, but I've made 15 purchases through the MP Shopping portal since I registered on the 25th and none of them have posted. I've been focusing more on dining transactions, though every time someone posts about being told there's a $10 minimum on dining, I get nervous -- I've probably made 20 or so dining transactions under $10.

Basically, I may stop participating for a week or two until things seem more sorted out. There are too many weird glitches that are being reported. The promo doesn't end for 2 1/2 months; there's still plenty of time to rack up miles once I'm more confident that I'll get credit for everything.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by johndoe123
Warning: This varies state-by-state.
That's right. Few states find recorded phone conversations admissible if at least one party was aware of it, in most however, both parties have to be aware "prior" to the call. It can't be an FYI at the end of the call. I'm certainly hoping it won't come to that anyway.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 9:31 am

I'm not taking any risks here. I plan on buying a Meijer GC every few days, buy things I need anyway through the mall and dine at my usual frequency. I'm also not confident that dines below $10 are going to qualify.

I love the MP Dining program - there are many good options for me and I'm very loyal to restaurants who participate. My biggest fear is that restaurants will bail from the program if they perceive they are only getting $1 transactions. I hope these restaurants realize there is still value in the program and it will build incremental customers and profits over the long-term.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by soliloquist
That's right. Few states find recorded phone conversations admissible if at least one party was aware of it, in most however, both parties have to be aware "prior" to the call. It can't be an FYI at the end of the call. I'm certainly hoping it won't come to that anyway.
I am certainly no lawyer, but since the UA system usually tells you that the conversation may be recorded for quality assurance, doesn't that mean both parties already know that they may be recorded? CSR must know it as part of their job and UA just informed you....

Now the fact that you are recording and not them, well I suppose that could be an issue
Old Sep 3, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I am certainly no lawyer, but since the UA system usually tells you that the conversation may be recorded for quality assurance, doesn't that mean both parties already know that they may be recorded? CSR must know it as part of their job and UA just informed you....

Now the fact that you are recording and not them, well I suppose that could be an issue
When the CSR picks up say, "This call may be recorded for quality assurance."
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by mfidelity

I love the MP Dining program - there are many good options for me and I'm very loyal to restaurants who participate. My biggest fear is that restaurants will bail from the program if they perceive they are only getting $1 transactions. I hope these restaurants realize there is still value in the program and it will build incremental customers and profits over the long-term.
We too are extremely loyal to restaurants that participate in the program. We had a restaurant in our area that was a member of the AA dining program for a couple of years. Because of that we ate there 3-5 times per week and often met friends there. They finally dropped out of the program and went with another promo. they still get some of our business. Not as much because now that other restaurants in the area have joined, we have started going to those. Over the course of the time that they were in the program we spent A LOT of money there.

Another restaurant in our area first got our business solely because they were a member of AA dining. When they dropped, we did not dine there nearly as frequently because there were too many other choices for us. They rejoined the other day and VIOLA! We are back in there eating a lot of meals and taking our friends as well.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: Co-branded credit card status moocher
Originally Posted by mfidelity
I'm not taking any risks here. I plan on buying a Meijer GC every few days, buy things I need anyway through the mall and dine at my usual frequency. I'm also not confident that dines below $10 are going to qualify.
I think this is probably the right approach. So far, I've bought some gift cards and ordered a few basic household items through the MP Shopping Mall that I already need. Beyond that, I don't have confidence everything will post, and I don't want to spend an inordinate amount of time fighting for miles in a few months.

I'm also not trying to upset the MP Dining merchants, since it's a nice program that I wish had wider participation. I do hope that under-$10 transactions post, however. There's a coffee shop in the program near me that I visit frequently, but I generally don't spend more than $5.00 because, well, it's a coffee shop.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:07 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I'm VIP :)

Only 8 of my MP Dining transactions have posted, but they obviously know that I've made more than 12 because my status has updated to VIP on the MP Dining page. I'm at 15. They seem to be taking 4-6 days to post on MP Dining.

I'm thrilled because my 15th dine was a big one so I'll get 5 pts per $ for it plus it counts as a transaction for Months of Miles.

Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: OnePassTHEN-OnePassNOW-OnePass FOREVER
Who are the United Partners?

Just to understand this: MP cardholders need only to fulfill 3 transactions with vendors noted on the recent email? Somewhat confusing
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Vaitrucci

I'm also not trying to upset the MP Dining merchants, since it's a nice program that I wish had wider participation. I do hope that under-$10 transactions post, however. There's a coffee shop in the program near me that I visit frequently, but I generally don't spend more than $5.00 because, well, it's a coffee shop.
I have a coffee shop I frequent as well. Since the promotion started I've purchased beans on a few occasions as well as my usual latte - good for them since my ticket increases. I also have several under $10 with them as well and hope they post. If not, that's okay - I'll still frequent them.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Do they sell gift cards? Maybe buy a $15 one each time you're in -- use it on that day's coffee, and have lots to use all winter after the promo ends?
Originally Posted by Vaitrucci
I think this is probably the right approach. So far, I've bought some gift cards and ordered a few basic household items through the MP Shopping Mall that I already need. Beyond that, I don't have confidence everything will post, and I don't want to spend an inordinate amount of time fighting for miles in a few months.

Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:46 am

Posting

Has anyone had anything post from last wks purchases yet? Mine still haven't, but eveyrthing that was on there already turned to confirmed. I am worried, because prety much all I did was buy gift cards.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
At kmart right now. They're checking on things wish me luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.