Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Portal seems quite messed up right now. Clicking on the Sears link takes me to KMart. Clicking on KMart takes me to KMart but I can't get the toolbar to say that I am earning miles.

Ohh, and I swear that the terms on the Sears retailer details changed. GC's are still allowed but the terms just seem longer.

Edit:
Ahhhh, they DID change!!
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

They have gotten a lot longer
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by m3m3m3
Just curious... Are you able to get the bonus points just by shopping there? Or do you have to go thru the membership rewards website? (I'm totally new to membership rewards..)
I installed the AmEx InSite toolbar. When I visit the website, a little window pops up showing me that I get "3X points by using my MembershipRewards credit card". I click the button "Get offer" and it says just use the card on checkout to get the points.

As I was responding to this post I realized that this might take it out of being captured under the MileagePlus Portal - will have to investigate this. Any thoughts or experience on this by anyone? [when you click on the "get offer" button it takes you to an amex.insite...... domain then redirects you back to the retailer website. I think this might break the chain from MileagePlus Shopping Portal... ]

Last edited by iluvthsgam; Sep 1, 2011 at 9:04 pm Reason: spelling
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:28 pm
mmo

I also did my shopping, signed in thru mileage plus. Then went into Walmart, made purchase. Toolbar shows green and is earning 1.25 points per dollar. Anyway I finalized my order. But it does not show under "My Account" yet on the toolbar. Is this just because it hasn't shipped or been billed yet.

Excuse me but I am totally new at this.... thanks
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by mmo
I also did my shopping, signed in thru mileage plus. Then went into Walmart, made purchase. Toolbar shows green and is earning 1.25 points per dollar. Anyway I finalized my order. But it does not show under "My Account" yet on the toolbar. Is this just because it hasn't shipped or been billed yet.

Excuse me but I am totally new at this.... thanks
It takes anywhere between a few days and forever for miles to show up. From my experience Walmart reports fast though.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Has anyone gotten an answer on the max number of GC's that can be used for a payment on a transaction at NewEgg? I emailed them but haven't gotten a response. They actually have something I need (non-computer related) for the best price I can find. I'd like to buy the GCs and then use them as the payment for the item I want (and hopefully get a credit for all transactions )
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:26 pm

Programs: All of em...
There's 15 Dunkin Donuts in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area that are all MP Dining transfers.... you can register up to 5 cards with the dining program to earn miles, and there are literally like 15 items on the menu clocking in at $1- $1.50 each.......... You could for sure get 50 transactions a day from Fort Lauderdale's Dunkin Donuts, and 100+ if you're ambitious... rinse/repeat
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
There's 15 Dunkin Donuts in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area that are all MP Dining transfers.... you can register up to 5 cards with the dining program to earn miles, and there are literally like 15 items on the menu clocking in at $1- $1.50 each.......... You could for sure get 50 transactions a day from Fort Lauderdale's Dunkin Donuts, and 100+ if you're ambitious... rinse/repeat
Wish I (temporarily) lived in FLL!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately only 4 within 5 miles radius from home according to MP dining directory.

Are you sure they all participate? Can you tell me where to find their location map/ I have tried Dunkin Donut store locator but found it did not work too well.

This might be my plan - a 30 miles radius drive to hit them all and make 50 transactions on the same day - except I am not sure if they would post correctly when making it at same shop within minutes apart. I have the 2 /1000 offer, and have not done any transaction yet.

I hate the GC route because I never have transactions posted correctly from airline portal. A few weeks ago I tested a Sears GC from BA website which offered 4x bonus. I have 2 clicks listed but the transactions never posted. The BA website said to wait at least 40 days to file claim... I was checking on Monday and the clicks were there but still no transaction. Since it was just 33 days I have not done anything. Today the clicks are GONE! Then I found out Sears and K-Mart dropped out from the retailer list, only Lands End left. Went to the claim form, Sears is not in the drop down menu - so basically I am cheated out for that GC purchase.

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
For me if I do this gig it will be with the dining ones. Far easier to track and with a better track record than anything coming out of the convoluted mall.

All the power to those of you who do have mall success but to me it's no longer worth even trying.
I am with you MM!

I bought a Sears GC from BA portal just to test the 4x bonus miles. It was 7/29. Clicks showed up in 3 weeks but transaction never shows up. Website said at least wait 40 days to file claim. Today is not 40 days yet but I want to file anyway - Guess what? My click history is gone! Then I found out Sears and K-Mart no longer in the Retailer List! When I tried to fill out the claim form, the drop down menu of Merchants does not have Sears in it!

How can they take out the Merchant from the Claim form when everyone knows the transaction often requires follow up months after purchase is made?

Good luck to those piling on the GCs. I got the feeling this may not be a happy ending...

Originally Posted by DealDetective
I haven't used the toolbar or mall in the past, so I'm a bit confused about how these are run by separate entities. I have noticed sometimes the toolbar displays a message that the merchant does not participate with them, but does through the mall. Has anyone noticed whether one portal is more reliable than the other? Also, if you click through the mall, but have the toolbar up and displaying "earning," which one does it go through?
You may want to visit Miles Buzz forum for that HUGE AA shopping mall fiasco of the Verizon products dubbed Glitter Gate. You will then learn more how a eShopping portal is operated - often it is not even just one third party running the transaction, but 2nd third party might be involved when the 1st 3rd party decided to split the commission and farmed out the duties.

Good luck for those of you piling on the GCs.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 2, 2011 at 4:37 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:57 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
Wish I (temporarily) lived in FLL!
I was in FLL today, and will be back in 2 days just for 1 more day. We ate at a bar that was a dining partner, but it was way too awkward to try and get multiple charges. Then we hit the Dunkin Donuts thing too late, and we only found 1 open one - drive through only. Lady was not down to charge a ton of items, haha.
In 2 days though.... might try and break that 78 transaction in one day record from Nebraska this week!

Originally Posted by Happy
Unfortunately only 4 within 5 miles radius from home according to MP dining directory.

Are you sure they all participate? Can you tell me where to find their location map/ I have tried Dunkin Donut store locator but found it did not work too well.
There's SEVERAL in FLL that DO NOT participate.
Participating list is below:

http://mpdining.rewardsnetwork.com/s...2C+FL&e=dunkin

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 2, 2011 at 4:37 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:12 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Happy
You may want to visit Miles Buzz forum for that HUGE AA shopping mall fiasco of the Verizon products dubbed Glitter Gate. You will then learn more how a eShopping portal is operated - often it is not even just one third party running the transaction, but 2nd third party might be involved when the 1st 3rd party decided to split the commission and farmed out the duties.

Good luck for those of you piling on the GCs.
These portals believe that they can do whatever they want with no accountability. I agree about treading carefully but I think there is a big difference between this deal and the previous deals that have gone wrong.

The bonus miles from the AA deal were supposed to come from the middleman, which was Cartera IIRC.

With this promotion the middleman is only providing the base miles. The bonus miles (which make up the vast majority of our anticipated earnings) are coming from United itself - a much more credible organization IMO.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 3:27 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
It was a small NY Deli in Nebraska... 2 college aged guys working, came in mid afternoon on a weekday, place was totally empty and they looked bored so I explained what I wanted to do, gave them a $5 tip, and they happily obliged!
I bought a LOT of sodas, bagels, chips, cookies, & bottled water.

Can you for sure do 10 cent transactions for this to count? I'm under the impression you can't, so I've been doing $1 - $2 dining transactions each.

Correct, Sam's Club gc's work for the promo, not Walmart cards.

Yes, you can use Sams Club gc's in Walmart, Sams, and on both websites...
you also save 10 cents a gallon at the pump with them at walmart/sams. GREAT DEAL!

Yup!
The Sam's Club GCs will NOT work at the Walmart gas stations. If u want to go that route,u would have to buy Walmart giftcards w/Sam's club gift cards for use at Walmart gas stations.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 6:11 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
try to purchase and see

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Has anyone gotten an answer on the max number of GC's that can be used for a payment on a transaction at NewEgg? I emailed them but haven't gotten a response. They actually have something I need (non-computer related) for the best price I can find. I'd like to buy the GCs and then use them as the payment for the item I want (and hopefully get a credit for all transactions )
Did you try to pretend to purchase on the site and see what it says? I was order a GC on Kohls yesterday and when i got to the payment page, it specifies that if I'm paying with a GC, I can use up to 4.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 6:13 am

Man, there are a ton of Dunkin's in the Philadelphia area and none of them participate in the MP Dining program
Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:05 am
mmo

Doing lots of seperate transactions at Walmart. Stuff I would buy anyway and there is free shipping on so many of them. Keurig coffee pods, Ms. Clairol hair dye... Trying to keep it in under $12.00 range if possible.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1P, Starwood Plat
I know from previous conversations that the "sweeps" appear to happen on Friday - so that is when transactions may show as pending. I have stopped buying things until I see it actually work (this is my first time shopping in mall, and while I am buying GC's I plan to use in future - no need to spend money today for something I need in future unless there is something in it for me!!!).

Anyway - does the sweep happen like Friday night? Are people seeing purchases pending today that they made this week? I still show no transactions so just checking to see at what point I may actually see something come across!!

Thanks in advance!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.