FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Months of Miles
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:40 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
There's 15 Dunkin Donuts in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area that are all MP Dining transfers.... you can register up to 5 cards with the dining program to earn miles, and there are literally like 15 items on the menu clocking in at $1- $1.50 each.......... You could for sure get 50 transactions a day from Fort Lauderdale's Dunkin Donuts, and 100+ if you're ambitious... rinse/repeat
Unfortunately only 4 within 5 miles radius from home according to MP dining directory.

Are you sure they all participate? Can you tell me where to find their location map/ I have tried Dunkin Donut store locator but found it did not work too well.

This might be my plan - a 30 miles radius drive to hit them all and make 50 transactions on the same day - except I am not sure if they would post correctly when making it at same shop within minutes apart. I have the 2 /1000 offer, and have not done any transaction yet.

I hate the GC route because I never have transactions posted correctly from airline portal. A few weeks ago I tested a Sears GC from BA website which offered 4x bonus. I have 2 clicks listed but the transactions never posted. The BA website said to wait at least 40 days to file claim... I was checking on Monday and the clicks were there but still no transaction. Since it was just 33 days I have not done anything. Today the clicks are GONE! Then I found out Sears and K-Mart dropped out from the retailer list, only Lands End left. Went to the claim form, Sears is not in the drop down menu - so basically I am cheated out for that GC purchase.

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
For me if I do this gig it will be with the dining ones. Far easier to track and with a better track record than anything coming out of the convoluted mall.

All the power to those of you who do have mall success but to me it's no longer worth even trying.
I am with you MM!

I bought a Sears GC from BA portal just to test the 4x bonus miles. It was 7/29. Clicks showed up in 3 weeks but transaction never shows up. Website said at least wait 40 days to file claim. Today is not 40 days yet but I want to file anyway - Guess what? My click history is gone! Then I found out Sears and K-Mart no longer in the Retailer List! When I tried to fill out the claim form, the drop down menu of Merchants does not have Sears in it!

How can they take out the Merchant from the Claim form when everyone knows the transaction often requires follow up months after purchase is made?

Good luck to those piling on the GCs. I got the feeling this may not be a happy ending...

Originally Posted by DealDetective
I haven't used the toolbar or mall in the past, so I'm a bit confused about how these are run by separate entities. I have noticed sometimes the toolbar displays a message that the merchant does not participate with them, but does through the mall. Has anyone noticed whether one portal is more reliable than the other? Also, if you click through the mall, but have the toolbar up and displaying "earning," which one does it go through?
You may want to visit Miles Buzz forum for that HUGE AA shopping mall fiasco of the Verizon products dubbed Glitter Gate. You will then learn more how a eShopping portal is operated - often it is not even just one third party running the transaction, but 2nd third party might be involved when the 1st 3rd party decided to split the commission and farmed out the duties.

Good luck for those of you piling on the GCs.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 2, 2011 at 4:37 am Reason: merge