Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I have not had a promotion email for at least three years from UA

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
????

4 for 500 here. I like the idea of the promotion, but why would United launch something that is so ambiguous? If anything more than $10 on the United credit card qualifies, just tell us. If not, just tell us. This promo could be such a positive. But it may just end up frustrating a lot of people, regardless of whether it is strict on what qualifies (upsetting those who believe transactions should have qualified) or generous (annoying people who would have taken greater advantage of it). United: please explain the promo in plain language!

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
I never cease to be amazed that presumably high-priced lawyers can never seem to write unambiguous T&Cs.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:23 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
3 for 1K here, but I am attempting to sign up but there the link brings you to a page where you can't...am I missing something?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Offers from United? I haven't had one for about 3 or 4 years now. Not one.
Was thinking the same thing. And each time I check to ensure i've opted "in" for them.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Ok, so let's get the list of the cheapest qualifying activities/purchases going...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jmd001
I never cease to be amazed that presumably high-priced lawyers can never seem to write unambiguous T&Cs.
Speaking as a lawyer, there's a real art to writing properly ambiguous T&Cs...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:31 pm

2 transactions

1000 miles
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
I got the 2 for 1,000 miles

Any ideas? I don't get what everyone is thinking/hinting
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:33 pm

4 transactions for 500 miles for this 1K. I wonder what the criteria is for the other...better...offers?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I got the email with a link to register for 1K per 2 transactions. But the page it links to talk about the promotion but I don't see anywhere I can enter my MileagePlus #. How the hell do I register for this?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seat1A
$10 minimum on retail purchases, so one itune at a time won't quite do it...

my offer was 1000 miles per two transactions.
Got the same offer.

Would GC purchased count?

Originally Posted by hw711
I got the email with a link to register for 1K per 2 transactions. But the page it links to talk about the promotion but I don't see anywhere I can enter my MileagePlus #. How the hell do I register for this?
Same question here. There is no telling that I am registered.

Originally Posted by zebranz
Targeted email. I am 1K and MM and says 4-500 miles. Went direct to website to sign up for my wife- also 1K and MM and says not eligible for this promotion!

Even when they try to do something good- they screw it up. Typical UAL.
Actually I got the 2 transactions for 1000 miles email but when I went to UA website under My Promotion - it said currently I have none!

I dont even see this promotion listed on UA website.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 15, 2011 at 10:23 pm Reason: merge
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by hw711
The link in your email is personalized and encoded to include your MP account #. You should see a Register Now button (or something like that) when you're taken to the page, at least that was displayed on the when I clicked the link in my email.

I followed the emailed link again just now, and no Register Now button was displayed. Could be that it's because I'm already registered, or could be because the registration process is temporarily down.

Last edited by starflyer; Aug 15, 2011 at 10:00 pm
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by HNLescapee
I've received miles basically every way you can (flights/hotel/car/dining/shopping/CC/prostitution) in the last six months, so I bet its based on your extracurricular mileage earning.
I'll bet it's not. I have never credited MP for hotels or card, no dining this year, and still got the 4/500.

And nothing for + 1.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Seat1A
$10 minimum on retail purchases, so one itune at a time won't quite do it...

my offer was 1000 miles per two transactions.
Same offer here, as a 1K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.