Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jtkohl
.... I'm a general member, so I am not charged to change the date or time
of the tickets, as long as the flights are > 21 days in advance, and I
retain BOS-YVR routing. These changes can include adding or removing
connections (changing hub cities, for example).

Do I have that right? ...
yes

....Q: can I also change the *A carrier, say if I book travel on UA, can
I switch to AC flights without fee? Or vice versa? ...
changing carriers incurs a fee for GM

... Anybody have a clue what the pattern has been for BOS-(hub) and (hub)-YVR saver Y inventory release for summer travel? ...
have to take a pass on this but generally starting early enough and being flexible, it usually works out.

....Do you recommend separate PNRs for each passenger, or put as many on one PNR as possible to start? (Can I split the PNR later if I'm finding one-seat availability on a desired flight and want to move just one passenger?) ...
generally will be easier if on one PNR plus with the childern, two is the most you could have.

... Ways to find inventory:
4. Consider paying to join ExpertFlyer Pro
5. pay for KVS ...
no necessary to use the paid services and they both have limited free / low cost options. But they do have some nice options and can be purchased on a month by month option.

Once something is booked, call an agent to wait-list for a preferred flight (different date and/or different time on same date) ....
some changes can be done online but no cost to use a phone agent -- but if you get a phone agent you are uncomfortable with - politely end the call and try again.

....So, have I missed anything? Any extra advice?
you appear to be prepared, don't let this stress you out -- as look as you are flexible this should work out, especially economy seats.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:20 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TheCount2
Saver First opened up this evening on the late June EWRxFRA-LYS routing for which I had booked standard coach, posted above, for Mrs. Count2. I had not set an EF alert as there are numerous possible routings, but found it running an EF query which covers most routings, then changed the ticket on-line. However there is no Saver Business available on the route.
Confused ! Since you quoted me, I assume it was directed at me. Do I have to Subscribe to EF to perform this query ?

Your response " there is no Saver Business available " refers to EWR FRA LYS or my Route ? If you checked my route thanks

Thanks again

Last edited by PETERPNYC; Apr 28, 2013 at 3:27 am
Old Apr 28, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Confused ! Since you quoted me, I assume it was directed at me. Do I have to Subscribe to EF to perform this query ?
Not at you specifically but yes you do have to have an EF subscription to do the query. If you are only checking one route UA.com is OK too, but I have three separate itineraries I am checking so EF is much easier. I don't need to enter the route each time.

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Your response " there is no Saver Business available " refers to EWR FRA LYS or my Route ? If you checked my route thanks

Thanks again
I was referring to my route, but yours has availability in saver business on the 18th. You can book that and it will allow you to waitlist in saver business on the 19th.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by TheCount2
Not at you specifically but yes you do have to have an EF subscription to do the query. If you are only checking one route UA.com is OK too, but I have three separate itineraries I am checking so EF is much easier. I don't need to enter the route each time.

I was referring to my route, but yours has availability in saver business on the 18th. You can book that and it will allow you to waitlist in saver business on the 19th.
How does one set up a waitlist for a flight in saver? Can this be done on the same day if booked in full fare, or only on a day that's not booked? Can it be done by UI or requires calling?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by mitchmu
How does one set up a waitlist for a flight in saver? Can this be done on the same day if booked in full fare, or only on a day that's not booked? Can it be done by UI or requires calling?
You have to do it by calling, and you must already be ticketed in the same class on another flight or another day. I called last night to waitlist NRT-EWR in saver business, but couldn't as the ticket was booked in standard coach.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
What I want: 4 coach saver round-trip tickets, BOS-YVR, July 2014 (to
get to port for a cruise departing Monday July 14, 2014).
Coach savers awards for travel within North America booked this far out is not going to be a problem. It's the transpac and transatl awards (especially BF) that are hard to get.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Business Saver Award LAX-MAA-LAX

I am trying to book a business saver award on United/Star Alliance for my wife for RT travel from LAX to MAA. When I called United reservations the agent told me that there was no saver availability in economy or business right now. We are very flexible on the dates. We can leave any time between Nov 21 and 29 (inclusive) and return any time between Dec 30 and Jan 4 (inclusive). Could someone please advise whether there is really no saver availability, and if so, based on previous experience, when these are likely to become available.

Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Business awards to India at this time of year will be difficult due to the holidays. It's entirely likely that award availability got taken up right at the 330-day mark for the days you're looking at. It's possible that availability will open up at the 6-month mark, but it's unlikely that you'll find anything the closer you get to late December - early January.

On the United site I'm seeing two Business awards on November 12 and on November 26 (LAX-DEN-FRA-MAA). The return is not so optimistic. There is no saver award availability at all, except for a couple of mixed-cabin options on January 27. You could consider purchasing one-way awards for the outbound, and watching for the returns, with the understanding that you may need to purchase return tickets.

Good luck!
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
Business awards to India at this time of year will be difficult due to the holidays. It's entirely likely that award availability got taken up right at the 330-day mark for the days you're looking at. It's possible that availability will open up at the 6-month mark, but it's unlikely that you'll find anything the closer you get to late December - early January.

On the United site I'm seeing two Business awards on November 12 and on November 26 (LAX-DEN-FRA-MAA). The return is not so optimistic. There is no saver award availability at all, except for a couple of mixed-cabin options on January 27. You could consider purchasing one-way awards for the outbound, and watching for the returns, with the understanding that you may need to purchase return tickets.

Good luck!
Is this true even of the IN(?) elite business saver inventory for Plat/1K/Gs?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vnatraj
Is this true even of the IN(?) elite business saver inventory for Plat/1K/Gs?
IN is never greater than I (biz inventory for all), it's one of the great hoaxes of the elite program. Same goes for RN / R.

(and please, don't give me the "I've seen it once before!" - no active cases exist)
Old Apr 28, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
IN is never greater than I (biz inventory for all), it's one of the great hoaxes of the elite program. Same goes for RN / R.

(and please, don't give me the "I've seen it once before!" - no active cases exist)
RN is essentially defunct. Currently R will always equal RN.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:45 pm

No August Awards from Asia to USA

I've been searching for over a month and having trouble finding any Star Alliance saver award availability in August from anywhere in Asia to the US. Any thoughts?

Trying to get from Bangkok to SF or Chicago, but I've looked at all sorts of different routes with no luck.

Thanks for the help!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
NRT-GUM-HNL-PHX-ORD on 8/27.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
BKK-SIN-IST-MUC-ORD Aug.14 biz
BKK-ZRH-MUC-ORD Aug.14 biz
BKK-SIN-AMS-ORD Aug.13 coach

There is tons of availability - think outside the box.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by JD2012
I've been searching for over a month and having trouble finding any Star Alliance saver award availability in August from anywhere in Asia to the US. Any thoughts?
Yes - please read the above posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.