Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Booking less than a month out for peak holiday travel season?

I'd be a bit disappointed with UA if they were releasing saver seats, as it means they really buggered up yield management again.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 2.6 MM, 1K, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mduell
Booking less than a month out for peak holiday travel season?

I'd be a bit disappointed with UA if they were releasing saver seats, as it means they really buggered up yield management again.
I am not arguing with this and not expecting saver awards to be available one month out. My question relates to users' experiences with confirming a saver award within a few days of Christmas.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by szbenny
I am not arguing with this and not expecting saver awards to be available one month out. My question relates to users' experiences with confirming a saver award within a few days of Christmas.
If there are seats open, then they will open them up as saver awards. Of course, you are at the mercy of a few flights being cancelled due to weather and then they won't open up any.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Actually, there are quite a few flights if you can fly out on 12/17. I worked from NYC/WAS to Europe. Tons to AMS, CDG, etc. Then you can just work backwards.

Personally, I prefer booking Savers even on different dates, and then having waitlists for preferred dates. Seems to work better.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
Actually, there are quite a few flights if you can fly out on 12/17. I worked from NYC/WAS to Europe. Tons to AMS, CDG, etc. Then you can just work backwards.

Personally, I prefer booking Savers even on different dates, and then having waitlists for preferred dates. Seems to work better.
Thank you. This is very helpful.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
There are a few carriers whose award seats do not show online, including SN and SQ. Their availability can be seen using Air Canada or ANA's award search engine.
LX awards also can be missing on .bomb.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by cesco.g
LX awards also can be missing on .bomb.
Is Austrian Airlines still missing?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Is Austrian Airlines still missing?
No it's there. LO now shows online as well.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I've been safe 3/3 so far in 2014 on switching to saver within 48 hours of departure so far.
Good to hear. What about Christmas time specifically? That would require looking at travel from previous years.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:40 pm

Award availability on SFO > LHR route in May?

I am hoping to book an award using MileagePlus miles (transferred from Chase) for an SFO > LHR flight in May. However, when I use the search with miles tools on UA.com, there is no saver award availability for my dates... or any other dates that I can see in April, May, or June.

I am completely new to MileagePlus, so it's possible I'm not searching correctly. Am I missing something, or is availability very hard to come by on this route, at this time of year?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
still trying to figure this mess out lol, one leg on a bigger award ticket, looking for J availability on

Mar 10 IAH-YYC UA 152

The other 2 direct flights that day have it, yesterday the mid day flight dropped so I figured oh it's only 1-2 seats and my flight just was booked up already, but today it's back. I do understand the morning flights are gonna be busier, and with paid J as well I would assume. But I'm HOPING that it just opens up late and that I find it.

Failing that I'm hopeful for a delay GRU-IAH then get J on the 12:45 flight haha.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Why are you starting another thread on this topic?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...e-rewards.html
Also, your question probably resides best in here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ed-2014-a.html

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Nov 28, 2014 at 1:18 pm Reason: added UA thread link
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Why are you starting another thread on this topic?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...e-rewards.html
The purpose of that topic was to determine whether UA, BA, or VA were the best choice for J/F class from SFO to LHR.

The purpose of this topic is to determine whether there is awards availability on UA from SFO to LHR anywhere near my travel dates. Since the other forum is for cross-program travel advice, I wasn't sure if it was appropriate or ideal to ask specific questions about MileagePlus reward redemption there.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by switters
I am completely new to MileagePlus, so it's possible I'm not searching correctly. Am I missing something, or is availability very hard to come by on this route, at this time of year?
UA saver award availability to Europe is now virtually nonexistent from May through the end of the award calendar. This matches perfectly with all the other recent program downgrades.

Your best hope for a TATL saver award is on a *A partner, such as AC or OS.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:36 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Kacee
Your best hope for a TATL saver award is on a *A partner, such as AC or OS.
Or there may be saver awards on UA metal to someplace in or near Europe from which the OP can then find a reasonably-economical means of travel to/from London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.