Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

OnePass Plus (25000 miles bonus) vs MileagePlus Explorer (50000 bonus)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA S, Marriott P

United and CO have ads on their respective sites for these two cards. The fee is waived for first year, and benefits seem almost identical, but signup bonus after first use is 50k on united vs 25k on co.
Given the miles can be transferred easily - united seems a no brainer, I am wrong?

thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by dsauch
United and CO have ads on their respective sites for these two cards. The fee is waived for first year, and benefits seem almost identical, but signup bonus after first use is 50k on united vs 25k on co.
Given the miles can be transferred easily - united seems a no brainer, I am wrong?

thanks!
If have you to choose between those 2 specifically, then you are correct. The one with the bigger bonus is the no brainer. They both have the same benefits anyway.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by infamousdx
If have you to choose between those 2 specifically, then you are correct. The one with the bigger bonus is the no brainer. They both have the same benefits anyway.

I believe the other choice is CO PP - I just dont fly enough to rip the benefits and pay for them 395 (even with first year waived)
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by dsauch

thanks!
The MP explorer is for 40k, I thought. Both UA and CO have targeted offers for 50k+ for elites.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
The MP explorer is for 40k, I thought. Both UA and CO have targeted offers for 50k+ for elites.
showed up 50k on UA for me, I am PE on UA and plat on CO, almost at 1k
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:08 pm

I don't think the Continental 50k offer is for elites only - I have no status with them, 0 miles, just signed up recently.. and have received the targetted offer, twice.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Visa or Mastercard.....

I too was thinking of signing up. I don't quite know the difference between CO's Mastercard vs. UA's Visa? Is the rental car coverage primary on either programs?

Jiburi
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
I got an e-mail offer for the MP Explorer card offering 60K bonus miles - 50K at signup and 10K after the first year. So I guess the bonus varies depending on the targeted campaign?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by Critic
I got an e-mail offer for the MP Explorer card offering 60K bonus miles - 50K at signup and 10K after the first year. So I guess the bonus varies depending on the targeted campaign?
I got the same 60K bonus miles offer for the MP EXPLORER card today. The question is if I just received the OnePass PLUS chase credit card last week, will chase let me have the MP Explorer card for another 60K bonus miles?

Can I get bonus for both cards or is it one or another but not both? Any one has experienced this and has an answer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.