Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wedding Dress Aboard UA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, UA1K
I am sure you will find the FAs very accomodating. Our daughter got married in South Africa and we hand carried her dress with us, and the FAs were very gracious.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, HHonors, Hertz Gold
UA 931 April 10

A quick plea for assistance - any FTers on today's flight 931 to SFO? After years and years of having at least Gold status I'm doing my first trip as a general member. I'm traveling with my wedding dress as my carryon and I'm scared to death I'll have to check it with boarding group 5. I was easier enough to buy E+ but forgot about the late boarding group until I spotted it in the security line. Would anyone be willing to let me board with them? Big thanks in advance!!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by TrekkerMary
A quick plea for assistance - any FTers on today's flight 931 to SFO? After years and years of having at least Gold status I'm doing my first trip as a general member. I'm traveling with my wedding dress as my carryon and I'm scared to death I'll have to check it with boarding group 5. I was easier enough to buy E+ but forgot about the late boarding group until I spotted it in the security line. Would anyone be willing to let me board with them? Big thanks in advance!!
Immediately go talk to the gate agent and let them know what is going on - I bet if you are honest and up front they help you out...

And - CONGRATULATIONS!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: AADULtArer
...and congratulations to you/family!!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, HHonors, Hertz Gold
I asked at the gate and explained my situation. They let me board with Group 1. It was so incredibly kind of them.

Thanks for the congratulations too!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 10, 2014 at 8:34 am
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
Congrats! Nice to see a good experience with united once in a while.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Going to lots of resort wedding destinations for vacation over the years I usually see a dress on the flight in or out...sometimes both. Obviously not carry on compliant but I've seen them hung in coat closets or room was made elsewhere. No matter the attitude of the GA/FA I doubt any of them want to deal with a bridezilla.
However, if you board early and take up an entire bin and start causing a ruckus with the PAX who are trying to get things overhead because your dress is nixing a whole bin's use for other people...
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:44 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by TrekkerMary
I asked at the gate and explained my situation. They let me board with Group 1. It was so incredibly kind of them.

Thanks for the congratulations too!
I'm bringing a wedding dress along going forward as my fast pass.

Congratulations! And glad to hear the UA ground crew being accommodating. ^
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:34 am

OMG - there truly is an existing thread for everything in this forum... To the MOD's - how do you keep this all in your head?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
OMG - there truly is an existing thread for everything in this forum... To the MOD's - how do you keep this all in your head?
Just a wild guess - google?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by mdobbins
Just a wild guess - google?
So for every new thread you think they google the site to see if it existed sometime in the past?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
So for every new thread you think they google the site to see if it existed sometime in the past?
That's what I do. My search-fu using the provided searching tool on this site isn't as successful.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by mdobbins
That's what I do. My search-fu using the provided searching tool on this site isn't as successful.
LOL neither is mine - didn't even know you could search for smaller terms by using quotes...
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
It should not be a problem if you tell the GA, when we did this many years ago we also got complimentary champagne and wine from the FA's. Congrat's!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Marriott Platinum
Some planes do not have a place to hang it. When my best friend was getting married we just bought an extra seat for the dress so she didn't have to worry about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.