Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Economy Plus Annual Pass for Flights Operated by Continental?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, UA 1P, MR Platinum, Avis First

Hi All -

Long time, first time. I am on the road 100% for work. Stay in hotel every night, but only book 2 RTs a month. Since I wasn't going to hit elite anytime soon, I purchased the UA Economy Pluss annual pass. I am now in a city where Continental operates all the flights in and out, making my $400 out of pocket pass worthless. Any news on when/if we will be able to use the UA pass when booking CO? Thanks much for the help.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

No announcement yet on that benefit. It could happen on Customer Day 1 (unlikely), later this year just because (slightly more likely) or not until next year when the legacy CO fleet starts to get more rows with the increased legroom.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by done t
Hi All -

Long time, first time. I am on the road 100% for work. Stay in hotel every night, but only book 2 RTs a month. Since I wasn't going to hit elite anytime soon, I purchased the UA Economy Pluss annual pass. I am now in a city where Continental operates all the flights in and out, making my $400 out of pocket pass worthless. Any news on when/if we will be able to use the UA pass when booking CO? Thanks much for the help.
united.com says Continental will start in 2012 and be a multiyear project.

You will have status in a little over 6 months with 25 segments. Maybe less if you are making connections (more segments) or are traveling more than a thousand miles per trip.

Jeff S should send you a thank you card.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Michael D

You will have status in a little over 6 months with 25 segments. Maybe less if you are making connections (more segments) or are traveling more than a thousand miles per trip.

Jeff S should send you a thank you card.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by GTHCGTH
you beat me by two minutes!

And 7.5 months instead of 6.

Last edited by Michael D; Apr 11, 2011 at 6:21 pm
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Michael D
I vaguely remember reading in Hemisphere's this month, or maybe last, that Jeff said it would take a year to get the CO fleet fitted with E+ , and it's definitely not starting until 2012. Presumably, at that point, the pass will be valid on CO.

Just curious, what city are you flying out of served by CO that UA doesn't serve? The reason I ask is because if UA doesn't serve that city, what kind of aircraft is CO using there? If it's those ER4's, then E+ won't be available anyway (nor will it be available on any aircraft in the combined UA fleet with 50 (or less) seats).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.