Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Newbie query about EQMs and Premier status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Platinum

I am a new Premier and a little confused about EQMs (I'm used to BA earning miles and status method).

If I book a trip on either LH or US PHL-LHR in Business class, and let's say the base miles o/w is 3,600 miles. With my Premier (2P) status and traveling in Business class, how many EQM's would I earn?

Would appreciate any clarification.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Across *A (Star Alliance airlines) there is some variation in earning rules. In the case of LH & US, the rules are similar to UA & CO.

Look here for the specific LH rules for earning in UA MP and here for US earning into UA MP.

In both cases you will earning 150% of base miles for EQMs and 125% of base miles for RDMs (except for Z on LH is only 100% base miles RDMs). And in addition because of your 2P you will earn an addition 25% of base miles RDMs.

For the other partners, see Star Alliance partners:

There is also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ated-10-a.html but caution you it sometimes is not update after changes for a bit

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 8, 2011 at 8:14 pm Reason: additional thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.