Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by roknroll
I linked to transfer miles, before I had elite status. I didn't know there was another type of link for status? Any help in getting me to where I do that would be appreaciated . I just assumed a link was a link, and you didn't have to specify how it was linked or link it twice.
I read this post and just called OnePass to do it...

www.continental.com/combinemyactivity
Old Aug 5, 2011, 9:55 pm

Coupon swaps?

Hi,

Quick question - I thought I remembered reading somewhere that there is a thread where one can trade or swap different coupons between people. Does that exist here?

[Edited by Moderator per post 395, below.]

Any thoughts on how I can legitimately go about this?

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Aug 5, 2011 at 10:17 pm Reason: Pls. see above and post 395.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dudey
Hi,

Quick question - I thought I remembered reading somewhere that there is a thread where one can trade or swap different coupons between people. Does that exist here?

[Edited by Moderator per post 395, below.]

Any thoughts on how I can legitimately go about this?
legitimately you are not allowed to get anything in return for questing another traveller.

For now make a friend or family member happy.

When you have more posts (180+ posts and 180+ days as FT member) you can have access to Coupon Connection and make a new friend

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 5, 2011 at 10:31 pm Reason: updated per Moderator's edit
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:16 pm
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Dudey, to follow on WineCountryUA's post, the long-standing practice is that in the United forum, no posting of trade requests is allowed. It is allowed only in Coupon Connection as to exchangeable or sponsorable coupons or certificates.
Please see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...forum-436.html

As was pointed out, when you reach the proper level of posts, the FlyerTalk computer will grant you access to that forum.

Accordingly, I edited part of your post above to comply with the practice. Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Estcoast1
I read this post and just called OnePass to do it...

www.continental.com/combinemyactivity
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I'll see if it kicks in about a week from now, after that I'll call.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
Dudey, to follow on WineCountryUA's post, the long-standing practice is that in the United forum, no posting of trade requests is allowed. It is allowed only in Coupon Connection as to exchangeable or sponsorable coupons or certificates.
Please see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...forum-436.html

As was pointed out, when you reach the proper level of posts, the FlyerTalk computer will grant you access to that forum.

Accordingly, I edited part of your post above to comply with the practice. Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Thanks Ocn Vw 1K and WineCountryUA. With this reply, I'm one post closer. :-)
Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
How long for status update after account linking

I created a MP Account and linked my OP account to it several weeks ago. Now how long should it take for me to advance from member when I look at my MP Account. I just logged on and it still shows as member.

TIA.

Cheers,
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It should only take 7-10 days. Assuming you did the link for status and not just the one for moving miles it sounds like the link didn't go through. I'd call it in and ask what's up.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by drowelf
I created a MP Account and linked my OP account to it several weeks ago. Now how long should it take for me to advance from member when I look at my MP Account. ....
two full weeks is probably too long -- call and ask for help.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 7, 2011 at 8:10 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
two full weeks is probably too long -- call and ask for help.
Now for the dumb question. Call who? MP Customer Support?? One Pass Customer Support?

Thanks

Last edited by drowelf; Aug 8, 2011 at 7:06 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:46 am

Simple question. I will shortly be platinum on CO. CO requires 75000 miles for platinum. When the changeover takes place, do I keep my Platinum status or do I need 100k in 2011 to keep my status into 2012?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jberen
Simple question. I will shortly be platinum on CO. CO requires 75000 miles for platinum. When the changeover takes place, do I keep my Platinum status or do I need 100k in 2011 to keep my status into 2012?
You will keep the 75K level status. The full details have not yet been announced but there will be some specific benefits to being at 75K in 2012 so you'll have those. As for what you'll need to requalify at in 2012 for 2013, those details are not yet known.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by drowelf
Now for the dumb question. Call who? MP Customer Support?? One Pass Customer Support?

Thanks
OPCS -- from other postings, some people have been forward to a special desk that is only available during "business hours"
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:11 am

Status Match?

Last month I combined my CO and UA accounts, at that time I was Platinum Elite in CO with less than 100K EQMs, my elite status in UA was set to Premier Executive. On Friday I reached 100K EQMs in CO. How long does it take for my UA status to show as 1K?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by rcotter
Last month I combined my CO and UA accounts, at that time I was Platinum Elite in CO with less than 100K EQMs, my elite status in UA was set to Premier Executive. On Friday I reached 100K EQMs in CO. How long does it take for my UA status to show as 1K?
the standard answer is the sweep appears to be weekly (Sun/Mon?), so it can be up to week or so after the status / EQMs are updated to reflect on the other site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.