Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:44 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by revheck
I apologize if this has been answered, but I can't find clear explanation and am still getting used to UA/CO merger.

Last November I transferred 37K miles from my CO Onepass to UA account, but apparently none of them were credited as Premiere qualifying, even though I had flown most of them on CO in 2011. As a consequence, I did not achieve premiere status last year, even though I had more than 50K flight miles on UA and CO combined in 2011.

Now I seem to have started over with 0 PQM as of 1/1/12.

So my question is: shouldn't my CO Onepass miles flown in 2011 been considered for PQM? Should any have transferred into 2012?
there are two kinds of miles -
Redeemable Miles (RDM) -- used for award flights or upgrades
Elite qualifying Miles (EQM/PQM) -- used for determining status
It is very normal for these to be very different.

In 2011, all you could move was RDMs.

At the end of 2011, UA combined the EQMs you had in your CO OP and UA MP to determine your 2012 status. After the status was determined, your EQM/PQM totals were reset to zero as it does every year.

In reading between the lines, it appears you did not fly 50K EQMs in 2011 but rather had 50K RDMs earned over a couple of years.
See the history of this merging of accounts, go to your "new" MP account (your old CO OP account) and look at the "View Account details" then "View All Activity"
Look for "View Last Statement" to see the details of the transfer / merging of accounts.

You should have received an email from UA explaining this mid-January with a "personalized preview" of your 2012 status.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 29, 2012 at 10:52 am Reason: merger details have been moved to "last statement"
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus - Platinum
Hi,

I'm planning to book a trip using my MileagePlus miles from SFO to BOS, July 15th. Found good non-stop flights for us. I'm a Platinum member of Pre-Merger United, she has no status. Anyways, I have 2 regional upgrades. Can I use regional upgrades on 'free' tickets I acquire through mileage plus redemption? How does this work, if at all? I assume that it doesn't work because...well...ya that's how these things seem to go for me.

Appreciate any input you can provide.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!,JayC707
Originally Posted by JayC707
..I'm a Platinum member of Pre-Merger United, she has no status. Anyways, I have 2 regional upgrades. Can I use regional upgrades on 'free' tickets I acquire through mileage plus redemption? ....
RPUs cannot be used on award tickets (except by GS).
If you have the Chase Explorer/PresPlat/Club credit card you (but not companion) will be eligible for CPU.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus - Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Welcome to FT!,JayC707RPUs cannot be used on award tickets (except by GS).
If you have the Chase Explorer/PresPlat/Club credit card you (but not companion) will be eligible for CPU.
Thanks for your help, WCUA.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 3:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Welcome to FT!,JayC707RPUs cannot be used on award tickets (except by GS).
Those cards allow CPU on award tickets? Maybe I need to get one. Would that put you at the very bottom of the upgrade list, or some random place.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by lili
Those cards allow CPU on award tickets? Maybe I need to get one. Would that put you at the very bottom of the upgrade list, or some random place.
The bottom of your status group -- ie the lowest fare class
Upgrade is only for the primary cardholder.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 3:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
The bottom of your status group -- ie the lowest fare class
Upgrade is only for the primary cardholder.
Thank you WCUA. That's very useful information. I'm not very happy with UA right now, but that's a benefit AA doesn't have.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 8:48 pm

Does premier access (via presidential plus) not include priority boarding anymore? Seating group 4!
Old Apr 29, 2012, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by xerenthar
Does premier access (via presidential plus) not include priority boarding anymore? Seating group 4!
PresPlus cardholders have the same boarding priority as Silvers -- presently group 4.

The boarding groups will change again on May 1
and Silvers / PresPlus / Club card folks will be BG-3 which is still considered premier boarding access.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1k
Miles + Cash Upgrade Wait-list

If I get added to the wait-list for a miles + cash upgrade on a flight with no R/RN availability, do I get automatically kicked off it at T-24h similar to the stories i've been hearing regarding Upgrade Certs?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
When they have the new boarding process, will Explorer card-holders also have Premier Access? Has there been any official announcement (SFOFastAir's post notwithstanding) and any rationale for the change once again?

Originally Posted by rbphilip
My 25% Premier Silver bonus for my last flight was only FF miles, not PQMs.
As it should

Originally Posted by revheck
I apologize if this has been answered, but I can't find clear explanation and am still getting used to UA/CO merger.

Last November I transferred 37K miles from my CO Onepass to UA account, but apparently none of them were credited as Premiere qualifying, even though I had flown most of them on CO in 2011. As a consequence, I did not achieve premiere status last year, even though I had more than 50K flight miles on UA and CO combined in 2011.

Now I seem to have started over with 0 PQM as of 1/1/12.

So my question is: shouldn't my CO Onepass miles flown in 2011 been considered for PQM? Should any have transferred into 2012?
How many EQMs did you earn, combined, on UA and CO in 2011?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
When they have the new boarding process, will Explorer card-holders also have Premier Access? Has there been any official announcement (SFOFastAir's post notwithstanding) and any rationale for the change once again? .....
Believe the phrase for Explorer cardholders has been "priority boarding", not premier access. So after elites and before general boarding.

As for formal announcements the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...onversion.html of last week stated
We are simplifying and better identifying our boarding groups and boarding sequence to improve your experience at the gate. We will introduce our improved boarding process soon.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by oblisk
Miles + Cash Upgrade Wait-list

If I get added to the wait-list for a miles + cash upgrade on a flight with no R/RN availability, do I get automatically kicked off it at T-24h similar to the stories i've been hearing regarding Upgrade Certs?
lots of confusion here

certs / miles waitlisters are / should be moved to the Upgrade Standby list (essentially another waitlist). The big differences between the two waitlists is the priority and R inventory does not seemed to be directly used.

The Upgrade Standby list includes CPU folks and non-cleared Instant (Y/B/M) Upgraders. Cert/Mileage users are behind the Y/B/M folks and ahead of the CPU folks. It also appears GS folks of all methods are ahead of Cert / Mileage users, but this is unclear from the UA materials.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Believe the phrase for Explorer cardholders has been "priority boarding", not premier access. So after elites and before general boarding.

As for formal announcements the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...onversion.html of last week stated
Who was the email sent out to - I never got an email from them.

I didn't see a BG4, and thought I saw "credit cards" by BG3. It's only a matter of time before Explorer is given Premier Access.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 3:06 pm

Who was the email sent out to - I never got an email from them. ...
it appeared to be a normal MileagePlus mass e-mailing -- as discussed in the referenced thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...onversion.html many noted receiving it.

....I didn't see a BG4, and thought I saw "credit cards" by BG3. ...
not sure what this is referencing.

In the present system, Explorer cardholders are Group 5 and in the new process, SFOFastAir's posting, they are BG4

... It's only a matter of time before Explorer is given Premier Access.
not sure the basis of that prediction. My suspicion is they were keep the distinction between the credit cards and only Club / PresPlat will have Premier Access at the Silver level,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.