FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

photog72 Oct 8, 2011 8:25 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 17238455)
How are you doing? Long time!

Hello B:rolleyes:x

Finally booked my first flight of 2011. Unfortunately, it's the last week of 2011. IAH-BOS R/T to visit the in-laws. Now, I need a rental (van) car.

RNE Oct 8, 2011 8:50 am

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 17240196)
Finally booked my first flight of 2011. Unfortunately, it's the last week of 2011. IAH-BOS R/T to visit the in-laws. Now, I need a rental (van) car.

Speaking of the end of the year, I just booked my second non-work flight of 2011: a New Year's Eve weekend getaway to FLL. Sorry, can't mention the name of the 5-star, beachfront property at which we'll be staying. Don't want a fan mob scene, you know. ;)

RNE, aghast, "Going north in Winter? No, no, no."

snod08 Oct 8, 2011 9:34 am

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 17240196)

Hope the new baby is doing good!!
Enjoy the trip. Hoping for no snow days when you travel!

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 17240275)
Speaking of the end of the year, I just booked my second non-work flight of 2011: a New Year's Eve weekend getaway to FLL. Sorry, can't mention the name of the 5-star, beachfront property at which we'll be staying. Don't want a fan mob scene, you know. ;)

RNE, aghast, "Going north in Winter? No, no, no."

LOL, we will try to not disturb you and TSMRSRNE in FLL!!

photog72 does prefer the NorthEast!! (though not sure if he prefers Boston in particular).

RNE Oct 8, 2011 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 17240436)
We will try to not disturb you and TSMRSRNE in FLL!!

Capital! See that you don't, my good man, lest you jostle my mint julep.

RNE, channeling Thurston Howell III, "Harumph." :)

photog72 Oct 8, 2011 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 17240436)
Hope the new baby is doing good!!
Enjoy the trip. Hoping for no snow days when you travel!

LOL, we will try to not disturb you and TSMRSRNE in FLL!!

photog72 does prefer the NorthEast!! (though not sure if he prefers Boston in particular).

The new baby is doing very well! He is a very well behaved baby. Very little crying from him. Seems to be happy.

I wouldn't mind some snow when we're up there. Just not when we are traveling. My daughter loves snow, and I don't mind it - as long as I don't have to drive in it. Now, I just need a rental car and we're good to go. We'll be staying at our house in New Hampshire for a few days, and that's where I will be wishing for my Subaru. As to RNE, I'll have the rest of the winter to enjoy mild temperatures here in Houston. I actually like the cold weather.

snod08 Oct 8, 2011 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 17242297)
The new baby is doing very well! He is a very well behaved baby. Very little crying from him. Seems to be happy.

I wouldn't mind some snow when we're up there. Just not when we are traveling. My daughter loves snow, and I don't mind it - as long as I don't have to drive in it. Now, I just need a rental car and we're good to go. We'll be staying at our house in New Hampshire for a few days, and that's where I will be wishing for my Subaru. As to RNE, I'll have the rest of the winter to enjoy mild temperatures here in Houston. I actually like the cold weather.

Have a great trip!
Hope you get that car soon!

hey, i just (last week) moved to SAT!! Will keep you posted if I am in Teh Pit!

photog72 Oct 8, 2011 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 17242403)
Have a great trip!
Hope you get that car soon!

hey, i just (last week) moved to SAT!! Will keep you posted if I am in Teh Pit!

Please let me know when you are here. Looking forward to meeting you!

snod08 Oct 8, 2011 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 17242408)
Please let me know when you are here. Looking forward to meeting you!

ok great!

hawkxp Oct 8, 2011 6:44 pm

Random question. I finally figured out the difference between Upgrade "pending" and "waitlisted". However i just got upgrade "denied"! What?

sbm12 Oct 8, 2011 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by hawkxp (Post 17242520)
Random question. I finally figured out the difference between Upgrade "pending" and "waitlisted". However i just got upgrade "denied"! What?

Just another awesome™ United experience. :-:

snod08 Oct 8, 2011 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 17242541)
Just another awesome™ United experience. :-:

LOL!

xFF Oct 9, 2011 10:39 pm

I've been participating in the Million Miler thread. Couple of reasons for it. First, I have a touch of survivor's syndrome because of the Infinite resolution. Second, I still harbor thoughts of going for the MM, for the same reason (and at far less cost or risk) that some go climb Everest. Finally, the UA guys really do have some valid points, if not in law, at least equitably.

Some are getting pretty cranky. I was going to suggest that they see if Dave Carroll is available. I went to You Tube and listened to "Breaks Guitars" for the first time in two years. Still as good a video as it was then.

On reflection, though, a lyric "United, you stole my two confirmed first class upgrades" probably wouldn't have the resonance of the original.

Oh, well.

mnmag Oct 10, 2011 7:34 am

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 17242297)

That would be cute for your daughter!:cool:

stallion114 Oct 10, 2011 7:45 pm

SDC Clarification

I did a search but could not find an answer. Didnt want to start a new thread so hoping someone can answer here.

I booked a 100% CO operated flight on ua.com bc price was less.
Can I still use COs SDC policy within 24 hours of departure or am I now tied to Uniteds 3 hour policy?

This might have back fired on me as I now want to both depart and return on earlier flights.

Thanks in advance.

snod08 Oct 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by stallion114 (Post 17252564)
I did a search but could not find an answer. Didnt want to start a new thread so hoping someone can answer here.

I booked a 100% CO operated flight on ua.com bc price was less.
Can I still use COs SDC policy within 24 hours of departure or am I now tied to Uniteds 3 hour policy?

This might have back fired on me as I now want to both depart and return on earlier flights.

Thanks in advance.

Are they CO flight numbers?
At any rate, get your CO PNR and OLCI. At OLCI, if SDC is possible, it should automatically let you do it.