FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

zippypinhead Sep 26, 2011 2:11 pm

My old flight instructor used to fly the press plane that chased the President around on his travels. He told me one reporter would take a can of warm beer from his briefcase, shake it up, pop the top and send it spinning down the aisle on climb out.:D

wcalvert Sep 26, 2011 3:17 pm

Thoughts on December solo vacay locations? We are talking the first week of December here.

5 nights in either Belgium, Copenhagen, Barcelona/Madrid or Morocco.

May be 4 nights as I'm negotiating my way into a VIP tour of the McLaren tour in England :D^:-::D^:-:

Don't know if they'll let me drive the new car though :D

sbm12 Sep 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by wcalvert (Post 17177030)
5 nights in either Belgium, Copenhagen, Barcelona/Madrid or Morocco.

All fun cities. Spain or Morocco will be much better weather that time of year.

colpuck Sep 27, 2011 2:01 pm

posty post.

drummingcraig Sep 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Had my last two flights yesterday to put me over 1K! The itin was FRA-ORD-JAX, and the second leg had credited to my account by this morning, but the long haul is taking longer to post (as expected). Can't tell you how many times I've logged into .bomb today to see if it has come thru yet! ;-) HURRY UP ALREADY!!!! AAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

EDIT to add that I changed my handle to reflect my pending "1K-ness" but now I am feeling a little guilty and wondering if I should change it back to 1P until I become "official"....

RNE Sep 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Please talk me into or out of going to Rome (side-tripping to Capri and Pompeii for two days) for a week in early December.

drummingcraig Sep 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 17189129)
Please talk me into or out of going to Rome (side-tripping to Capri and Pompeii for two days) for a week in early December.

You should most definitely *NOT* go. The food in Rome is horrible, the scenery sucks in Capri, and I hear Pompeii has a volcano - too dangerous. Early December....you're gonna want to go to Detroit...hands down.

:cool:

monitor Sep 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by drummingcraig (Post 17189319)
You should most definitely *NOT* go. The food in Rome is horrible, the scenery sucks in Capri, and I hear Pompeii has a volcano - too dangerous. Early December....you're gonna want to go to Detroit...hands down.
:cool:

I approve of this post.

wcalvert Sep 28, 2011 11:00 pm

Anybody in Houston interested in getting some interesting lines for their Flight Memory?

Saw an interesting article in the NYT about a site that lets you buy leftover seats on private jet charters. The site is https://socialflights.com/

I was looking, and there are 8 open seats on a flight from Sugar Land (KGSR) to Conroe Hooks (KDWH) and then back the same day. It doesn't have the flight times listed, so I don't know where it actually originates, so it may be the other way around. It also doesn't have the cost listed, so who knows how much it is. I'd say it's worth about $50-$75 to me.

There is also an Austin to San Antonio on Tuesday.

Geek007 Sep 29, 2011 12:10 am

Originally Posted by wcalvert (Post 17190916)
Anybody in Houston interested in getting some interesting lines for their Flight Memory?

Saw an interesting article in the NYT about a site that lets you buy leftover seats on private jet charters. The site is https://socialflights.com/

I was looking, and there are 8 open seats on a flight from Sugar Land (KGSR) to Conroe Hooks (KDWH) and then back the same day. It doesn't have the flight times listed, so I don't know where it actually originates, so it may be the other way around. It also doesn't have the cost listed, so who knows how much it is. I'd say it's worth about $50-$75 to me.

There is also an Austin to San Antonio on Tuesday.

So tempted to use this for my cousin's wedding in St. Thomas in March. Looks like it would be cheaper to just charter a private plane then fork over atleast $600 pp rt for 8 people.

love_to_travel Sep 29, 2011 3:12 am

Hello box.

Now that I've learned how to make links on flyertalk, I've found myself doing it a lot. In fact I think I'm quickly becoming a link addict :)

This is where I found how to do it: Click me!

rggale Sep 29, 2011 5:48 am

Hello FT Box. I think MP is down :(

msv Sep 29, 2011 6:37 am

Originally Posted by rggale (Post 17191741)

Yes, indeed it is.

Debating on canceling plans due to weather in the N.E.

snod08 Sep 29, 2011 6:53 am

Originally Posted by rggale (Post 17191741)

@rggale, I am sorry you had a loss. I barely read MP last few days. So, do not know the full details. Hope you are doing good.

@Teh Box: I am back finally....got back to SAT last night.
Its about time!!!

Everyone have a nice day.

snod08 Sep 29, 2011 6:55 am

In other news - - the miles for my EK flights yesterday (MAA-DXB-IAH) posted by the time i landed at IAH !!!

CO can learn something here.

DXB-IAH - Lay-flat-Y !! Was actually excellent. I got four seats to myself.
Ek Crew was awesome. Seeing that I was Gold, they got me some nice extras roasted veggie sandwich from F, warm nuts from C, etc. Nice touch!