FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

sbm12 Sep 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Generally speaking CO bulkheads don't suck nearly as badly as the UA version.

dinoscool3 Sep 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 17131784)
Generally speaking CO bulkheads don't suck nearly as badly as the UA version.

Especially when they have the cut-outs.

jasonvr Sep 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach (Post 17131629)
3) I believe all CO 752's now have lie flats. 41 of 41 complete

Cool, so we're down to only 4 configs :D

Originally Posted by dinoscool3 (Post 17131745)
Yep, and even before I wouldn't call them, in the OPs context, "standard seats". They were semi angled lie-flat.

Interesting. Never have flown on any of CO's 752s (pre or post seat change), so I only had SeatGuru to go by. I do notice that they say 156 degrees of recline on the old BF seats which is pretty darn good.

Geek007 Sep 19, 2011 12:40 am

Just got my business trip itinerary for my spring break in March so instead of takng a well deserved break from my MBA program I get to rack up the miles.

My trip itinerary and routing? Starting on Friday night- ORD-LAS-LAX-SFO-BOS-ORD. All in E+

Hopefully I'll hit 1P on UA because of this. I only have about 10,000 miles left....

Ysitincoach Sep 19, 2011 6:50 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr (Post 17131853)
Cool, so we're down to only 4 configs :D

Not as bad as post merger DL with a half dozen 752 configs!

I wonder how committed the new UA will be to having one single 752 product offering?

mnmag Sep 22, 2011 5:44 am

happy birthday, sfogate!^

snod08 Sep 22, 2011 6:16 am

Originally Posted by mnmag (Post 17153043)

yes, have a great day sfogate!

dinoscool3 Sep 22, 2011 9:48 am

Originally Posted by mnmag (Post 17153043)

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 17153143)
yes, have a great day sfogate!

+2!

wcalvert Sep 22, 2011 1:49 pm

Well, it's been awhile, but I have become absolutely shocked at the price of a flight.

I was invited to write about the Red River Revel, an outdoor arts festival in Shreveport.

They were offering a reimbursement of about $225 for travel, so I thought maybe I'll catch a flight out next Friday morning and fly back Sunday afternoon.

It's a Colgan operated flight on the Saab 340, and CO wants over $700!

I thought surely the crazy price is just because it is within 10 days, so I tried a month from now, and it's $570! This is a 192 mile flight!

The most ridiculous thing is that the $700 ticket was an E bucket, and it's not even a flexible ticket! No 50% bonus either.

According to the seat maps, the planes are 50-80% empty. Absolute insanity...

Needless to say, I will be driving! It's a 4 hour and change drive.

snod08 Sep 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by wcalvert (Post 17155861)
Well, it's been awhile, but I have become absolutely shocked at the price of a flight.

I was invited to write about the Red River Revel, an outdoor arts festival in Shreveport.

They were offering a reimbursement of about $225 for travel, so I thought maybe I'll catch a flight out next Friday morning and fly back Sunday afternoon.

It's a Colgan operated flight on the Saab 340, and CO wants over $700!

I thought surely the crazy price is just because it is within 10 days, so I tried a month from now, and it's $570! This is a 192 mile flight!

The most ridiculous thing is that the $700 ticket was an E bucket, and it's not even a flexible ticket! No 50% bonus either.

According to the seat maps, the planes are 50-80% empty. Absolute insanity...

Needless to say, I will be driving! It's a 4 hour and change drive.

Good idea on the drive...it will take 4 hours anyways to get through airport security, flight delays, etc, etc.

wcalvert Sep 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 17157450)
Good idea on the drive...it will take 4 hours anyways to get through airport security, flight delays, etc, etc.

$250 was the line I was willing to pay. CO didn't even make it close :/

I feel like I should send CO a copy of my gas receipts and a letter stating why I didn't fly that day. Sometimes I get responses from book publishers when I send them copies of receipts for used paperbooks when they want 50% more for a Kindle book in comparison to a new paperback.

Flyer_70 Sep 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi box.

wcalvert Sep 23, 2011 10:04 am

Last post of page 1! Yikes!

Everybody enjoy your weekend!

Trustguy Sep 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Hello old Box. Wow. 3 days no poastie. :eek:

jasonvr Sep 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Hola box!

My funny post of the day. This morning on UA 322 SNA-SFO, as the pilot gunned the engines and released the brakes (gotta love those take offs from SNA to protect the rich people), the woman across the aisle from me sees things starting to slide out of her reusable grocery bag carry-on. She manages to catch it in time...mostly. One notebook (at first I thought it was an iPad :eek:) exited into the aisle and managed to slide down the entire aisle, never catching on anything or anyone, slowly spinning the entire way in the dead center of the aisle, until it slammed into the rear galley of our 319 (started out at row 10).

Confused why she didn't go retrieve it after the seatbelt sign went off, I asked if she knew that something escaped from her bag. She had no idea. So, I got a little chuckle and maybe a little karma for letting her know.