FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

HoyaSFOIAD Jun 23, 2017 1:48 am

Waiting for a new first aid kit on SFO-ORD redeye. Kinda want more ice in my pdb but the fa reminds me of my second grade teacher and I'm a little scared.

RNE Jul 6, 2017 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 28408229)
So you still DO post :eek:

Only when I'm visiting from Mars.

I and TSMRSRNE are taking our 2018-high-school-graduating nephew to Hawaii using award miles (including an inter-island hop). UA's window is open (with saver seats) for the dates we want, but HA is not.

Question: Would a UA phone rep be able to see availability on HA that I can't? (I'd call, but my cell phone has a Martian SIM card.)

EmailKid Jul 6, 2017 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 28528548)

Question: Would a UA phone rep be able to see availability on HA that I can't? (I'd call, but my cell phone has a Martian SIM card.)

Wonder is Skype would work :confused:

Good luck if trying to find a pay phone ;)

RNE Jul 7, 2017 6:47 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 28529361)
Wonder is Skype would work :confused: Good luck if trying to find a pay phone ;)

Skype won't work because of the Van Allan Belt. Instead, I VPN'ed through the Venusian Consulate to stick their ambassador with the interplanetary trunk charge. It's just deserts. Our consulates on Earth are side-by-side and their consular always parks his spaceship in our parking spot. Grrr.

Anyway, I found out two things: 1) No, the phone rep cannot see any HA availability, but, 2) Can you really believe anything UA tells you?

Seat1A Jul 13, 2017 12:51 pm

funniest example of "delayed due to operational difficulties" i've seen in a while...

i'm on an A320 flight to ORD this morning, and i walk up and find an A319 at the gate. where's the A320? apparently they left it next door at the DEN gate, where it was loaded up with an A319's worth of people.. after a few minutes of radio banter, they decided they really did need the A320 for the ORD flight, so they deplaned the DEN people and swapped gates...

docbert Jul 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Seat1A (Post 28556735)
so they deplaned the DEN people

And, one would presume, at least one plane full of cargo.

I dare say the ramp workers would not have found it quite as funny as you did...

RNE Jul 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 28528548)
I and TSMRSRNE are taking our 2018-high-school-graduating nephew to Hawaii using award miles (including an inter-island hop). UA's window is open (with saver seats) for the dates we want, but HA is not.

Was able to book flights to HNL & KOA for the three of us at saver rates: 135,000 miles and $33.60 all in. ^

RNE, adding that I was just approved (after a call to reconsideration) for my 4th churned MileagePlus Explorer card to replenish 70,000 of those well-spent miles. Had been 27 months since my last sign-up bonus.

Seat1A Jul 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by docbert (Post 28556875)
And, one would presume, at least one plane full of cargo.

I dare say the ramp workers would not have found it quite as funny as you did...

probably true! they managed to get the DEN flight out only 30-40 late, and the ORD flight about 15 late, arriving at ORD right on time. once they decided to swap, they swapped fast. the captain was clearly irritated, and reassured us that the plane we were on was actually fueled for a trip to chicago. (wonder if they had to de-fuel that DEN flight, actually..)

now in the real-life penalty box (well, chilling on taxiway november) on a 757-300 ORD-BOS. pushed at 3:08pm. current wheels up 5:23pm.

united picked the right day to come thru with CPU's on both legs for this gold!

RNE Nov 11, 2017 12:25 pm

Someone could have told me my UC passes would be useless at EWR C. I'm stuck here for four hours waiting for my TATL flight. :mad:

JHake10 Nov 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 29048557)
Someone could have told me my UC passes would be useless at EWR C. I'm stuck here for four hours waiting for my TATL flight. :mad:

Odds are if they are turning away one time passes you don't want to be in there. I have a UC membership and don't even bother with those clubs. I find a empty gate area.

RNE Nov 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10 (Post 29048666)
Odds are if they are turning away one time passes you don't want to be in there. I have a UC membership and don't even bother with those clubs. I find a empty gate area.

Well, yeah, I don't like the clubs anytime, but TSMRSRNE does, and I have passes that expire soon, so I wanted to use 'em. The A Concourse club is accepting passes—I think—but I'm not about to sashay over there.

WineCountryUA Nov 11, 2017 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 29048557)

Warning here

fumje Nov 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 29048765)
Well, yeah, I don't like the clubs anytime, but TSMRSRNE does, and I have passes that expire soon, so I wanted to use 'em. The A Concourse club is accepting passes—I think—but I'm not about to sashay over there.

Pardon my curiosity, but what is 'TS' in 'TSMRSRNE'? (I assume you have plenty of time to kill answering questions. :p)

physioprof Nov 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 29048986)
Pardon my curiosity, but what is 'TS' in 'TSMRSRNE'? (I assume you have plenty of time to kill answering questions. :p)

The Second?

RNE Nov 19, 2017 2:33 pm

TSMRSRNE = The Statuesque Mrs. RNE